Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Jan 2011 (Thursday) 12:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Gitzo Rebate - Not Received/Lost Submissions?

sapearl
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 27, 2011 12:50 |  #1

I'm curious if anybody else has had problems with Gitzo rebate submissions, showing a status of never having been received by the rebate processing center.

Last October after purchasing the 1541T tripod, I completed the necessary rebate form, bundled that together with UPC and copy of purchase invoice, and mailed it to the El Paso address. After not hearing anything for a while I checked the online status site. The information showed it as never being received. I called the 800#, the service rep queried my request a couple of different ways - same result.

I do realize things get lost in the mail everyday, but I've always been extremely fortunate in this regard up until now. Hopefully this is a random event.

Btw - the rebates are input to a database in Texas, but the service center that responded to my phone query is in Wisconsin.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)
Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (external link) - Board

sponsored links
Pat ­ B
56 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 27, 2011 14:34 |  #2

Hopefully you made a copy to resend.

Gear List

Cam101
611 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 27, 2011 14:38 |  #3

x2 always good to make copies of everything you send in for rebate offers. Hope this works out.

Canon 5D MkIV | 600EX-RT
Canon Lenses: 16-35 f/4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS | 100-400mm f/4-5.6L IS II | 100mm f/2.8L Macro | MP-E 65mm Macro
Gitzo GT3541LS w/ RRS BH55

sapearl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 27, 2011 14:40 |  #4

Pat B wrote in post #11726232 (external link)
Hopefully you made a copy to resend.

Hi Pat - As a matter of course I scan everything like this prior to sending it off.

For some odd reason - likely a brain fart - I didn't copy the UPC from the Gitzo box, although I clearly recall cutting it out taping it to a piece of cardboard before putting it in the envelope. I still have the box with the hole. So, my bad for not copying that one small piece.

The rep advised me to resend what I had, marked with SECOND REQUEST. I've always felt rebates were a PITA.

GEAR LIST
MY WEBSITE (external link)- MY GALLERIES (external link)- MY BLOG (external link)

sapearl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 27, 2011 14:41 |  #5

Cam101 wrote in post #11726260 (external link)
x2 always good to make copies of everything you send in for rebate offers. Hope this works out.

Thanks Cam - looks like my carelessness on the UPC may have shot myself in the foot.....:mad:

GEAR LIST

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 27, 2011 15:17 |  #6

Simple solution get a copy of the UPC from someone on here or at a local shop and your set. Worst case order one if you have to pay restocking it's probably less then your rebate is worth. All UPC's are the same so there is no way in hell they can prove it's not yours hence the word copy.

There are a many ways to skin a cat without actually skinning it.

raysmd
58 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 27, 2011 15:19 |  #7

I can fax you my copy

5DII

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 02, 2011 02:18 as a reply to  @ raysmd's post |  #8

Sorry for the dumb question, but where is the UPC located on the Gitzo 1541T box?

Calvin
Converted to Sony A7 and love it | Gear & Feedback

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 02, 2011 02:23 as a reply to  @ crcal's post |  #9

Is it the sticker with the bar codes? And do I need to cut out and send in the whole sticker?

Calvin

sapearl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
15,573 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 02, 2011 05:45 |  #10

crcal wrote in post #11761205 (external link)
Sorry for the dumb question, but where is the UPC located on the Gitzo 1541T box?

There are no dumb questions ;) - in my situation the original bar coded UPC was attached to one end of the box. They require that this be cut out and mailed in with the other paper work.

GEAR LIST

smorter
Goldmember
4,506 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 02, 2011 05:54 |  #11

Just take up Raysmd's kind offer!

Wedding Photography Melbourneexternal link
Reviews: 85LII

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Feb 02, 2011 10:16 |  #12

I always felt that if they really wanted to give you something they would make it an instant rebate. I think they count on many lost and many not submitted so they make more money.

Good luck with this. And yes rebates are a PITA.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 04, 2011 13:35 |  #13

sapearl wrote in post #11761620 (external link)
There are no dumb questions ;) - in my situation the original bar coded UPC was attached to one end of the box. They require that this be cut out and mailed in with the other paper work.

Thanks, I don't see anything labeled UPC. But I do have a sticker with bar codes on it. I'm assuming that is the UPC. There are duplicate barcodes on the sticker so I'll just cut out one.

Calvin

eagle94
55 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 04, 2011 22:21 |  #14

I mailed mine in the beginning of September and received my prepaid $40 VISA card in November, almost 2 months later. I did however make copies of everything and paid the extra $1 and change for delivery confirmation. I just don't trust rebates that you need to mail to the manufacturer. Although not based on personal experience, I am always afraid that they'll find any excuse not to honor the rebate. Maybe it has not happened to me yet because I HAVE made copies. That one time I'll forget to do it will be the time my rebate submission will get lost.

"Buying a Canon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Canon owner." ~Author Unknown
Gear List

solara
620 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 05, 2011 10:25 |  #15

sapearl wrote in post #11726276 (external link)
I've always felt rebates were a PITA.

The manufacturers depend on most folks feeling this way and not even bothering to send in the rebate (like I did for a recent $20 rebate) or not following up on it.

5D III, 7D | 17-55 f/2.8 | 16-35 f/4 | 24-105 f/4 | 85 f/1.8 | 135 f/2 | 70-200 f/4 IS | 580EX II | YN-560 | Manfrotto 190XPROB+498RC2

sponsored links

7,688 views & 0 likes for this thread
Gitzo Rebate - Not Received/Lost Submissions?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.