Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
Thread started 10 Jun 2010 (Thursday) 17:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Israel / Jordan trip 2010

jmalonear
651 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 10, 2010 17:45 |  #1

I have had a request to share more of my images from my recent trip. I have uploaded them to photoshop.com, so please click on the link below to see them.

http://www.photoshop.c​om …f4d52a51&tracki​ngid=BTAGC (external link)

IMAGE: http://i48.tinypic.com/295c08l.jpg

Friends call me Jay!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 70D | Canon 50D w/grip|Canon 10D|Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS|Canon 24-70mm 2.8L|
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
TheAnt
Goldmember
1,389 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 10, 2010 17:59 |  #2

Gorgeous photos! Did you get to see the King Hussein Mosque in Amman? It's a gorgeous mosque that towers over the scenery around it

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

jmalonear
THREAD ­ STARTER
651 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 10, 2010 18:00 as a reply to  @ TheAnt's post |  #3

No we did not get to go see it, We seen mainly the biblical sites in Israel, and then spent a couple days in Jordan.

Friends call me Jay!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 70D | Canon 50D w/grip|Canon 10D|Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS|Canon 24-70mm 2.8L|
Facebook (external link)

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,389 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 10, 2010 18:34 |  #4

That's a bummer, it's a beautiful mosque! At least you got to see Petra. That two mile walk to where the ruins are is a photog's dream! I spent two months in Jordan about three years ago, before I had a dSLR. I want to go back there now with what I've got and re-shoot the sights!

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

w@leed
28 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 16, 2010 04:26 |  #5

great photo
its called DOME OF ROCK ""Qubbat As-Sakhrah""
It was completed in 691-692, making it the oldest existing Islamic building in the world.
so its called PALESTINE not ISRAEL.
all of you welcome in Jordan
and i will be happy to submit any help in any tourist attraction in Jordan and also in Egypt.

joonrhee
Goldmember
3,852 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 16, 2010 15:59 |  #6

Great shots! Thanks for sharing. :)

a7RII • RX1RII • CV12 • B18 • L21 • B25 • B85
Full Gear List & Feedback
SmugMug (external link)

ofafeather
645 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 30, 2011 15:09 |  #7

Great shots Jay. My wife and I are joining a group going to Israel and Petra for a couple of weeks in June/July. It's wonderful to see your beautiful pictures.

Thanks,
Eric

Canon 7D, 5D Mark II and some Stuff

Tribe
180 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 02, 2011 13:38 |  #8

Beautiful set! Thanks for sharing. Great job (:

Claudia
Flickr (external link)
6D | 450D | Canon 85 f/1.8 | Canon 50 f/1.4 | Canon 24-105L | Canon 10-22

jmalonear
THREAD ­ STARTER
651 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 02, 2011 13:55 |  #9

Thank You very much! Would love to go back sometime!

Friends call me Jay!
Facebook (external link)

bmackbutler
58 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 04, 2011 08:11 |  #10

Wow!

kona77
Goldmember
1,637 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 04, 2011 08:29 |  #11

You have some wonderful photos there. Very nice.

As a side note

w@leed wrote in post #10729717 (external link)
great photo
its called DOME OF ROCK ""Qubbat As-Sakhrah""
It was completed in 691-692, making it the oldest existing Islamic building in the world.
so its called PALESTINE not ISRAEL.
all of you welcome in Jordan
and i will be happy to submit any help in any tourist attraction in Jordan and also in Egypt.

The Dome of the Rock (Arabic (external link): مسجد قبة الصخرة‎, translit. (external link): Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah, Hebrew (external link): כיפת הסלע‎, translit. (external link): Kipat Hasela) is an important Islamic (external link) shrine and Jerusalem landmark located on the Temple Mount (external link) in the Old City of Jerusalem (external link). The structure, the oldest extant example of early Islamic architecture, was completed in 691 CE at the order of Arabian Umayyad (external link) Caliph (external link), Abd al-Malik (external link).
It was constructed on the site of the Second Jewish Temple (external link),which was destroyed during the Roman Siege of Jerusalem (external link) in 70 CE. In 637 CE, Jerusalem was conquered by the Rashidun Caliphate army (external link) during the Muslim conquest of Syria (external link).

As you can see Jerusalem was their first, thus it is Jerusalem, not palestine.

Proud father of a 10 year old son with Down Syndrome.

w@leed
28 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 06, 2011 13:09 |  #12

The Dome of the Rock (Arabic: مسجد قبة الصخرة‎, translit.: Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah, Hebrew: כיפת הסלע‎, translit.: Kipat Hasela) is an important Islamic shrine and Jerusalem landmark located on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem. The structure, the oldest extant example of early Islamic architecture, was completed in 691 CE at the order of Arabian Umayyad Caliph, Abd al-Malik.
It was constructed on the site of the Second Jewish Temple,which was destroyed during the Roman Siege of Jerusalem in 70 CE. In 637 CE, Jerusalem was conquered by the Rashidun Caliphate army during the Muslim conquest of Syria.

As you can see Jerusalem was their first, thus it is Jerusalem, not palestine.

thank you,,,
What I mean to explain that this land is taken from their owners.
And not to those who came from abroad and occupied it and march killing, displacement and destruction, and called it Israel.

You may find that the my words incorrect because Israel is working to show clean image about Itself.

yuriyo923
Goldmember
2,284 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 06, 2011 13:18 |  #13

Beautiful pictures of Israel, the promised land. My sister was there on a trip last year and loved it. I would love to go visit Israel sometime!

Canon 5D2 ~ 40D + 17-50mm in da booth!
www.seattleboothrental​.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,902 views & 0 likes for this thread
Israel / Jordan trip 2010
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Urban Life & Travel 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.