can anyone help me figure this out?
I am seriously NOT techno savvy.. but have used the pocket wizards before and found them to be very basic; they went out and as a cheap alternative I ordered the MK-Rc7 no experience with these. it is showing that they are synced signal when shutter is released but no flash.
I am shooting with canon 40D and using White Lightning Ultra 1800 monolight. cannot get the flash to trigger even when pressing the rx manually. help!?!?
is something wrong with the product or is a setting I am missing??
I read all the reviews but most of is foreign to me.. I have a very limited knowledge of how all this works.
You could try a few things.
1) change to a fresh set of batteries in the transmitter and receiver.
2) press the button on the receiver (make sure it's turned on) with the monolight attached to it, this should trigger it, if it doesn't then you might have the incompatibility problem.
2) change the dip switch settings on the transmitter and receiver, both to a new combination (make sure they match).
3) try the receiver with a different flash attached, do you have a Canon Speed Lite flash to test the units with.
4) make sure the receiver is turned on, before you turn on the flash unit.