Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 03 Feb 2011 (Thursday) 01:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

help identifying sync cord

Xcelx
558 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 03, 2011 01:55 |  #1

So since my Meike RC7 isn't triggering the new version of the YN-560, I want to try with a sync cord. What is the cable I need called?

3 pin something - female pc sync cable?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Xcelx
THREAD ­ STARTER
558 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 04, 2011 02:21 |  #2

Seriously can't anyone help?

Lotto
Goldmember
2,750 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 04, 2011 03:38 |  #3

I am not aware that anyone make such cable that directly connect the two ports, but you can try using the cable that comes with the trigger, and a adapter to convert the mini plug into PC plug.

http://www.flashzebra.​com/opticalslaves/0076​.shtml (external link)

http://www.flashzebra.​com/wizardcables/screw​lock.shtml (external link)

Have you done any research to see if the RC7 is in fact compatible with the YN 560? I got a feeling that if they don't work on the hotshoe, they probably wouldn't work with the PC port either.

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

Xcelx
THREAD ­ STARTER
558 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 04, 2011 09:40 |  #4

Thanks, I've read at least one review stating it works fine with the 560 but I suspect that is the old model with the plastic foot. Maybe I won't bother trying a sync cord, at least I can use the Meike with my 468 or as a wireless RF camera shutter trigger ;)

dedsen
Goldmember
2,580 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 04, 2011 10:48 |  #5

So this trigger has a proprietary connector and did not come with any cables? That would be very lame!
I cannot believe that it cannot trigger a basic flash like the YN-560. All it has to do is short the center pin and the contact in the slot of the foot. If it cannot do that it is pretty much worthless. Metal or plastic foot should have nothing to do with it. Sounds like a good reason to stay away from this trigger.

bruceq
108 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 04, 2011 11:33 as a reply to  @ dedsen's post |  #6

It is a propietary plug but it comes with cords.... just not a cord to go from this plug to a pc socket.

And I can confirm they do not work with some flashes. Even though it only requires a short across the center pin, these do not seem to deliver enough of a short. They work fine for my 430EX, 430EXII and old Quantaray... but not on a QDC900WA or 430EZ. I'm sure there are also other flashes they won't work with so buyer beware.

And it will cost you almost in return shipping as what you paid for them if you live in the US. LinkDelight offered to give me a credit equal to the amount of the return shipping but I didn't see anything else on their site I was interested in. I'm keeping mine for use with my 430EX's and as a long range remote shutter release.

Cameras - 5D MkII/Grip, 7D/Grip, T1i/Grip
Lens - EF-S 10-22, EF-S 18-55, EF 35-70, EF-S 55-250, EF 17-40L, EF 24-105L IS, EF 70-200 2.8L IS, EF 70-210, EF 100-400L, Sigma 150-500 OS, EF 100L IS, EF 180L, EF 85 1.8, EF 50 1.8

DC ­ Fan
Cream of the Crop
5,881 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 04, 2011 12:28 as a reply to  @ bruceq's post |  #7

Begin by replacing the adapter pictured above with a PC-to-hot shoe adapter. (external link) Then, get the necessary PC cables. (external link) You'll want to check the terminals on the flashes to make sure you get the correct connector.

dannyss
127 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 04, 2011 14:27 |  #8

I've got the same triggers. It is a proprietary connector. My idea: use one of the supplied cables that ends with the 1/4" plug and then get a 1/4" male to PC connector like this one:http://www.flashzebra.​com/pics/nikonscrewloc​kradio.jpg (external link)

1D MK IV, 24-105mm L, 15mm, 50mm f1.8II
Sony Nex-5,16mm
1D,40D-gripped,50-f1.8II,28-135mm,Zenitar 16, FD500mm mirror (All lost to fire :()
A-1, FD50-f1.8, FD100-300mm

sponsored links

1,385 views & 0 likes for this thread
help identifying sync cord
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.