Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 04 Dec 2010 (Saturday) 19:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How do you use your iPad

iwasinvertedx
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 11, 2010 13:27 |  #16

i've heard that you can upload raw files to the ipad with the camera connection kit.
this would be a handy back up when travelling, but the 64gb may still be too small with music videos etc to store photos.

Portfolio (external link)

sponsored links
Grentz
Goldmember
2,874 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 11, 2010 14:04 |  #17

I like it for reading. Magazines (Zinio), Books (iBooks, Kindle), Web, RSS Feeds (River of News), etc.

Search.TechIslands.com (external link) - Photography Shopping Search Engine

www.TechIslands.com (external link) - News and Reviews

My Gear List - 60D

Jadam
278 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 11, 2010 19:07 as a reply to  @ Grentz's post |  #18

Shoot day use for me is a big one. I use mine for wireless transfer/proofing during shoots (in studio or on location). Also great for keeping mood boards, google map shooting local routes, shot lists. All those things that used to be a big obnoxious binder full of all that stuff. Much easier and quicker to find what you are looking for. Also means don't have to lug around a heavy laptop. Just leave that in the car or at work now.

http://www.JadamPhotog​raphy.com (external link)

JWright
Planes, trains and ham radio...
18,399 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 11, 2010 20:11 as a reply to  @ Jadam's post |  #19

What's an iPad?

John

Lantz
992 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 11, 2010 21:24 as a reply to  @ JWright's post |  #20

Draconian wrote in post #11434266 (external link)
I use mine for reviewing pics on events (w/the camera connector). Much easier to carry around than a laptop as it fits nicely into the front pocket of a Think Tank R20 :)

Just bought my wife one for Christmas for the same reason... oops did I say that out loud? hope she doesn't read this. She wanted it as a book reader.

thepepperman
437 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 28, 2010 08:14 |  #21

Just thought I would post this here: after living with my iPad for 4 months, I posted a review aimed at photographers on my blog. There are a couple of key apps that have just been released/updated that make the tablet even more useful than before: new digital portfolios like PadPort, and PDF Expert which finally allows you to fill out PDF forms directly on the iPad. And by that I don't mean just signing or typing on top of PDFs, but actually recognizing native form fields.

The iPad for professional photographers (external link).

Also, Jadam: how do you go about your wireless transfer of photos in the field to the iPad?

Steve - Flickr (external link) - Twitter (external link) - Le Gear
Square Peg Images - Website (external link) - Blog (external link) - Facebook (external link)

SillyGuy
929 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 02, 2011 04:43 |  #22

thepepperman wrote in post #11527452 (external link)
Just thought I would post this here: after living with my iPad for 4 months, I posted a review aimed at photographers on my blog. There are a couple of key apps that have just been released/updated that make the tablet even more useful than before: new digital portfolios like PadPort, and PDF Expert which finally allows you to fill out PDF forms directly on the iPad. And by that I don't mean just signing or typing on top of PDFs, but actually recognizing native form fields.

The iPad for professional photographers (external link).

Also, Jadam: how do you go about your wireless transfer of photos in the field to the iPad?

great blog post.....

My Website (external link) | My Blog (external link)

Gary ­ W. ­ Graley
Goldmember
1,326 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 07, 2011 12:17 |  #23

Recently picked up a 32 gig one, amazing device!
I use it mainly for watching movies as I travel a lot,
but also as others made mention, photo album works very well
Music, books, with WiFi surfing the net, emails and such
Also some games but not into that much, here's a free clock app
that I sometimes let run at my desk;

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …Graley/G12/Misc​/clock.jpg (external link)

also you probably can't guess what movie this is from;

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …/G12/Misc/iPad_​avatar.jpg (external link)

I use a nice anti glare screen on there, cuts way down on fingerprints but mainly
used to cut out the glare/reflections, without losing much detail either, made by
a company called Power Support, I've read to just go to them and not use amazon as
they sometimes get things mixed up and send the wrong one, so I went direct and
got it fairly quickly and works like a champ, have a similar one on my iPod Touch
now for over a year, really good stuff.

G2

5D Mark ii, 17-40L, 70-300L, 100L, Tamron 28-75 f2.8, S100

Umm..He's Sick, My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious……

repete7
205 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 07, 2011 19:57 |  #24

Used mine with the camera connection kit over Christmas to download pictures that my sisters took. Easier than toting around a laptop and a card reader.

Also nice to preview pictures and make sure I got the shot. Hate to come home, load the photos on the computer and then realize that I could've gotten a better shot if I had only done this or that differently.

Karen Flickr (external link)
Canon 6D2|Canon Eos-m|Canon ef-m 22|Samyang 14mm f/2.8|Canon 40 stm|Canon 50 f/1.8 stm|Canon FD 50mm macro|Canon Macro 100L|Canon 16-35 f/4L IS USM |Canon 24-105L IS USM II|Canon 70-300 IS II USM|Canon 100-400L|

sportsshooter50
249 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 07, 2011 23:09 |  #25

When I got my 32gb Wi-Fi/3G version, I had no idea I would use it so much. I really don't use my desktop, laptop and netbook quite so much anymore. Of course I use the desktop and laptop for tasks that require them. I will probably sell the netbook. It is just so easy to grab it and use it. Great screen and battery life. The 9.7 inch screen just seems the perfect size for me. I talked to a couple of friends who have one and they say pretty much the same thing.

LostInInaka
500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 07, 2011 23:50 |  #26

makes for an easy read when using the bathroom too ;)

Anyway gotta say love mine as well...can use it for tetherless shooting, remote image viewing, and read the daily news on top of that

just wish it has the camera for skype an dit would be my all-in-one travel machine (yeah I know ipad 2 should have a camera....and that there is a 3rd party camera coming out soon...but still)

5DmkIII | Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 | Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L mk II | Canon 24mm f/1.4L mk II | Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L mk II | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS mk II | + Misc
flickr (external link)

BrutusG
83 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 08, 2011 00:38 |  #27

I've been debating on whether or not to buy one...If there's ever a way to use it as field monitor I would buy one in an instant.

Jeff ­ Smith
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 08, 2011 00:46 |  #28

I appreciate all the feedback from this thread. I have read something about troubles with the camera connection kit and would like to know more about any problems with it if you have. I don't know anybody that has one so I have to rely on your guys.

Steve, thanks for the link to your blog. That was a great writeup.

Jeff

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

janner
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 08, 2011 05:24 |  #29

Reading this thread has convinced me to get the new ipad, especially Steve's blog in post 21.
Thanks
Geoff

thepepperman
437 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 11, 2011 10:38 |  #30

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Steve - Flickr (external link) - Twitter (external link) - Le Gear
Square Peg Images - Website (external link) - Blog (external link) - Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

10,092 views & 0 likes for this thread
How do you use your iPad
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.