Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 24 Sep 2010 (Friday) 09:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Elinchrom users only- whatcha got? (Mark II)

this thread is locked
TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 08, 2011 17:26 |  #5026

NaKiD EyE wrote in post #11803970 (external link)
a mola dish is looking pretty tempting right now.

I've been tempted quite a few times. I'm just not mentally there yet. I suspect it will happen at some point.

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

sponsored links
symbolphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,622 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 08, 2011 17:28 |  #5027

sigma pi wrote in post #11803844 (external link)
I think sheldon got one from there. I am not 110% sure though.

I got one from him before, but he seems to have disappeared.

NaKiD ­ EyE
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 08, 2011 17:28 |  #5028

well just a received a call from Jerry Kacey himself and all is right now. Apparently the crack in the grid is what he called a "stress fracture" and is common in that size of grid. He said should it start falling apart to just give him a call and he will send me out a replacement. He also offered me a replacement BD or a partial refund b/c of the scratch. I took the money and couldn't be happier with the fast results of Kacey Enterprises and his customer service.

sigma ­ pi
Cream of the Crop
11,204 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 08, 2011 17:43 |  #5029

Bummer it sounds like it was beat to hell :(

Don't try to confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.
http://www.flickr.com …6850267535/in/p​hotostream (external link)

FJ ­ LOVE
Cream of the Crop
20,883 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 08, 2011 18:27 |  #5030

NaKiD EyE wrote in post #11804092 (external link)
well just a received a call from Jerry Kacey himself and all is right now. Apparently the crack in the grid is what he called a "stress fracture" and is common in that size of grid. He said should it start falling apart to just give him a call and he will send me out a replacement. He also offered me a replacement BD or a partial refund b/c of the scratch. I took the money and couldn't be happier with the fast results of Kacey Enterprises and his customer service.

Jerry is a good guy to deal with, glad it was resolved for you :cool:

DILLIGAF about your bicycle or your gear

Sheldon ­ N
Goldmember
2,163 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 08, 2011 18:40 |  #5031

symbolphoto wrote in post #11804083 (external link)
I got one from him before, but he seems to have disappeared.

I got one from Nick in early December last year, no issues. I haven't had any contact with him since then though.

My flickr (external link) | Gear + Feedback

TwoShoes
Goldmember
1,898 posts
Joined May 2010

Feb 08, 2011 18:48 as a reply to  @ Sheldon N's post |  #5032

I emailed Nick re: shipping a Maxilite grid to Australia and never got a reply, also PM'd him on here.

I made up my mind and will get the Skyports eventually, but to save some money I'm going to use my 602's for a couple of weeks until the Quadra officially sells (if I can make myself let it go). I'm thinking Quadra as a Rimlight to the Ranger haha.

Luke,
http://www.facebook.co​m/Twoshoesphoto (external link)

RendyLatief
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 09, 2011 00:18 as a reply to  @ TwoShoes's post |  #5033

Shot a friend with the Quadra..
Been loving it so far.. :D:D
C&C are welcomed.. :lol::lol:

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5427064019_3a4c5a428a.jpg

Flickr (external link)
My passion for photography is overwhelming me..

sc0rp
143 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 09, 2011 00:34 |  #5034

TwoShoes wrote in post #11804601 (external link)
I made up my mind and will get the Skyports eventually, but to save some money I'm going to use my 602's for a couple of weeks until the Quadra officially sells (if I can make myself let it go). I'm thinking Quadra as a Rimlight to the Ranger haha.

And here I am wanting a set up 602's to replace the skyports.

+1 to using Quadra as a rimlight.

SuperHuman21
Goldmember
2,219 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 09, 2011 00:56 |  #5035

Anyone here use ND filters for their strobes? Are there any recommendations as to what's considered the best bang for your buck? I'd like to get four of them. I'm not quite sure yet what strength I need.

D90, 105mm f/2.8, 18-105mm DX, D-Lite 2 it (3), 32" Photoflex softbox (2), Manfrotto 3021BN w/3047 head
Arthur
-Stones and Jewelry Photographer-

korrektor
Goldmember
4,908 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 09, 2011 01:20 |  #5036

SuperHuman21 wrote in post #11806541 (external link)
Anyone here use ND filters for their strobes? Are there any recommendations as to what's considered the best bang for your buck? I'd like to get four of them. I'm not quite sure yet what strength I need.

why? Elinchrom strobes go low enough dont they? use ND filters for your camera perhaps?

WEBSITE http://mikhaylovphoto.​com/ (external link)

SuperHuman21
Goldmember
2,219 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 09, 2011 02:19 |  #5037

korrektor wrote in post #11806598 (external link)
why? Elinchrom strobes go low enough dont they? use ND filters for your camera perhaps?

'Cause I said so man! :cool: Ya suchus, uspakoisa (sp?).

Doesn't go low enough for f/11 and how close I have to put the lights with modifiers to the jewelry. Crazy because I sometimes wish I had more power for certain shots. For stacking shots I like to use f/11 for maximum sharpness.

D90, 105mm f/2.8, 18-105mm DX, D-Lite 2 it (3), 32" Photoflex softbox (2), Manfrotto 3021BN w/3047 head
Arthur

korrektor
Goldmember
4,908 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 09, 2011 10:39 |  #5038

SuperHuman21 wrote in post #11806729 (external link)
'Cause I said so man! :cool: Ya suchus, uspakoisa (sp?).

Doesn't go low enough for f/11 and how close I have to put the lights with modifiers to the jewelry. Crazy because I sometimes wish I had more power for certain shots. For stacking shots I like to use f/11 for maximum sharpness.

what do you mean "low enough for f11"? Stacking shots... omg man, you are doing it the hard way :)))
Also... jewelry?

Use continuos light and longer (shorter) shutter speeds.

SuperHuman21
Goldmember
2,219 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 09, 2011 13:20 |  #5039

korrektor wrote in post #11808497 (external link)
what do you mean "low enough for f11"? Stacking shots... omg man, you are doing it the hard way :)))
Also... jewelry?

Use continuos light and longer (shorter) shutter speeds.

The lights are still too bright at their lowest settings for me to use f/11 for certain shots. I normally stack with f/18 but for some things I prefer f/11 if it only takes a few extra shots. I've done 19 shots for one piece before, lol.

Yes, jewelry man, it can be quite profitable, I just need to get my name out.

Eh, I already have a system set-up for strobes. I'll probably end up getting an ND filter for the camera I think.

Arthur

korrektor
Goldmember
4,908 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 09, 2011 13:47 |  #5040

SuperHuman21 wrote in post #11809455 (external link)
The lights are still too bright at their lowest settings for me to use f/11 for certain shots. I normally stack with f/18 but for some things I prefer f/11 if it only takes a few extra shots. I've done 19 shots for one piece before, lol.

Yes, jewelry man, it can be quite profitable, I just need to get my name out.

Eh, I already have a system set-up for strobes. I'll probably end up getting an ND filter for the camera I think.

i still dont get it. at ISO 50 and f11 something like 5Ws will barely register on camera if you have a mod on your light... anyway, you must know better and I rarely shoot product photography.

sponsored links

923,730 views & 0 likes for this thread
Elinchrom users only- whatcha got? (Mark II)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.