Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 Feb 2011 (Thursday) 21:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

new facebook fan page layout

GerryDavid
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 10, 2011 21:48 |  #1

Has anyone tested the new layout?

I went ahead and upgraded mine, I figured may as well, all pages will be upgraded in a month anywase.

The statistics info seems to be gone on the left side now. Where it would tell you how well the page is doing, page views, new fans, feedback, etc. Perhaps they moved it to another section. Anywase, Im not a fan of this new layout, just seems to simplistic.

Canon investor

sponsored links
GerryDavid
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 10, 2011 21:53 |  #2

nm, found it, its got its own tab now, insights. :)

Canon investor

Shamir
508 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 12, 2011 08:37 |  #3

I just implemented it on my fb page and I like it! i'm also able to receive notifications which is nice and friends joining notifications..

Still cant get how to receive private messages though =/

Shamir
My Website - Click Here (external link)

JCOphoto
192 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 12, 2011 10:13 |  #4

I do not like how the wall posts are all mixed up. I would much rather have them in chronological order.

But I do like getting notifications.

I don't think the fan pages can get private message yet.

~ Jessica C. O || Portland, OR Area Photographer (external link) || Facebook (external link)

Drewc2010
Goldmember
1,369 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 12, 2011 11:06 |  #5

JCO I agree, the non chronological order wall posts drive me crazy but I do like being able to see the new people that like my page and the ability to see when people comment on my photos finally.

Think it is a new good layout.

My Gear:
Canon 1D Mark III / Canon 60D / Tokina 12-24 f/4 / Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC / Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 VC / Canon 300 f/4L / Canon 50 f/1.8 /
Facebook Page: facebook.com/drewcphot​ography (external link)

GerryDavid
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Feb 12, 2011 11:33 |  #6

They did remove the events from the left, you now have to click on events to see if there are any.

Canon investor

NaKiD ­ EyE
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 12, 2011 12:45 |  #7

how are you guys now linking your fan page and personal together? i use to have a link on the old facebook layout on my personal one that directed people to my fan page but that feature is gone now.

GarethLeigh
157 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 13, 2011 10:28 |  #8

Just like others I like the new layout and being able to receive notifications. I don't like that the news feed isn't in chronological order and wish they would add private messaging. I wonder why they the don't allow it?

@JCOphoto I tried clicking your Facebook link but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It just takes me to Facebook's homepage.

@Nakid Eye The 'Like' box that I added to my personal page appears to still be working fine.

Trinidad & Tobago Wedding & Portrait Photographer (external link) follow me on Facebook (external link) and Twitter (external link).

JCOphoto
192 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 13, 2011 10:45 |  #9

GarethLeigh wrote in post #11834198 (external link)
@JCOphoto I tried clicking your Facebook link but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It just takes me to Facebook's homepage.

I am not sure what that is about.

Direct address is http://www.facebook.co​m/jcophotography (external link) if you still want to check it out.

~ Jessica C. O || Portland, OR Area Photographer (external link) || Facebook (external link)

GarethLeigh
157 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 13, 2011 10:52 |  #10

JCOphoto wrote in post #11834301 (external link)
I am not sure what that is about.

Direct address is http://www.facebook.co​m/jcophotography (external link) if you still want to check it out.

I tested the link in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, it's still not working for me. Is your page restricted to USA only? I'm not based there.

Trinidad & Tobago Wedding & Portrait Photographer (external link) follow me on Facebook (external link) and Twitter (external link).

NaKiD ­ EyE
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 13, 2011 12:41 |  #11

GarethLeigh wrote in post #11834198 (external link)
Just like others I like the new layout and being able to receive notifications. I don't like that the news feed isn't in chronological order and wish they would add private messaging. I wonder why they the don't allow it?

@Nakid Eye The 'Like' box that I added to my personal page appears to still be working fine.

Really? how did you do that?

JCOphoto
192 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 13, 2011 12:49 |  #12

GarethLeigh wrote in post #11834341 (external link)
I tested the link in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, it's still not working for me. Is your page restricted to USA only? I'm not based there.

Yes, that was it. The page was set for US viewers only.

GarethLeigh
157 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 13, 2011 18:48 |  #13

NaKiD EyE wrote in post #11834941 (external link)
Really? how did you do that?

I went to this link http://developers.face​book.com …rofile_id=18469​1011550888 (external link) and added the code it generated to my page.

JCOphoto wrote in post #11834990 (external link)
Yes, that was it. The page was set for US viewers only.

Cool. It works now.

sponsored links

2,890 views & 0 likes for this thread
new facebook fan page layout
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.