Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 12 Feb 2011 (Saturday) 09:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

After reading this... Canon might be losing a customer...

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 12, 2011 11:43 |  #46

I was just responding to what you've written.....

" im going to jump to nikon, and hopefully others will follow suit."

I don't know you...I've asked if you were a famous photographer....and you didn't even answer...yes or no ?. If yes people would probably follow you.

Anything wrong ?

ilumo wrote in post #11828536 (external link)
Have you seen that maverick guys posts? Look at all the threads he's jumped into about 5d vs insert camera, and he always has to mention "5d's can't focus" just to try and get under the 5d's guys skins. Obviously he's trying to do the same here, and not being constructive.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
Sp1207
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 12, 2011 11:44 |  #47

Look at this from a stockholder's perspective. Why would you put out 1 camera that does everything exceptionally when you could put out two cameras that handle each area separately (and some would argue artificially so -- there's no reason for the 5DII to have such terrible AF software on top of the same hardware as the 50D)

Think about it. Most people want both action and landscape (/portrait/whatever) capability. By putting out two cameras you can potentially double your sales on bodies, not to mention provide a source of wanting for those who have one body but want the other. While they're wanting the 2nd body, they'll likely accumulate lenses that further cement them to your system.

I think Nikon is the one being foolish here.

Gear

bexi20
568 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 12, 2011 11:44 as a reply to  @ post 11828624 |  #48

This is fun to read. I like more competition from Canon to answer the new Nikon.

Canon 5D Mark II

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,835 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 12, 2011 11:46 as a reply to  @ post 11828411 |  #49

ilumo wrote in post #11828184 (external link)
and your point is? if you don't have anything but sarcasm and nothing constructive, please dont post...?

ilumo wrote in post #11828202 (external link)
no. it's not a total failure. it's a good camera. but I guess I'm annoyed at the recent camera lineup, and the rumors of the new ones... basically more megapixels, and more focus on movies... I love the 1d iv, but i wish it were full frame... and wish that the cost was more reasonable.

the d800 seems to be the camera to get for all around goodness for a prosumer budget.

ilumo wrote in post #11828240 (external link)
yes. I hope that people jump canon's bandwagon so that canon will maybe make some change. if not, ohh well. nikon's probably where I want to be anyway. tons of guys on this forum have done so already.

You sound like a very disgruntled person...sorry a camera is doing this to you.

Maybe you can sell me your crappy 5DII and a couple of the lenses dirt cheap since they are so crappy. And, I will feel better, as I have helped you through such bad times. And, you will help me - a win/win situation, what could be better? ;)

When I was young, my parents instilled in me not to spread rumors....:)

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

ilumo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,708 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 12, 2011 11:47 |  #50

XFaega wrote in post #11828468 (external link)
Rumor has it that the new 5D MK III will have 10FPS - 30MP Sensor - 125 spot metering sensor - (3) Digic! 4 processors - 4.5 inch HD 1920X1200 resolution LCD - Full Frame - Will put the 1D MK IV to shame - eliminate the 1Ds all together. And the 5D MK III will be the best camera ever made.

J K :)

Rumors are Rumors until we get the straight facts from Canon. I'm sure we won't be disappointed. The 5D has been a good camera to me but I thinking I might change to the 1D MK IV. I find my self taking more action shots then still shots. A lesson learned.

The 1d iv is awesome. But I think that its priced out of the range for prosumers. And its not full frame. D3s I think beats it out there. In AF as well.
Why make us have to buy a 7d and a 5d to do what a d700 can do? Sucks. After playing with d700 and 7d, the 5d seems like a slug. It feels so slow... And not solid. I really hope the 5d3 is a 7d with a full frame sensor but I'm doubtful because that would probably wipe out 1d sales...

Body: 5D Mark IV
Glass: 50mm f/1.8 | 35mm f/1.4L USM | 17-40 f/4.0L USM | 24-70 f/2.8L II USM | 24-105 f/4.0L IS USM | 70-200 f/2.8L II IS USM | 85mm f/1.2L USM | 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
Accessories: 430 EX II, 600 EX, tripods, umbrellas, and other goodies.

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 12, 2011 11:49 |  #51

ilumo wrote in post #11828096 (external link)
since they will not have the ace in the sleeve like the 5d2 has over the d700, which is VIDEO....

how do you know that? what if 5D3 comes with RAW video ^_^ than your poor old D800 will be smashed by teh big daddy before its even out on teh store shelves :] gotta love speculation

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

hieu1004
Goldmember
3,579 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 12, 2011 11:51 |  #52

Sounds like Nikon is your camera. You should just sell you Canon stuff and go to Nikon, seriously. You're not the only one and certainly not the last. It's the name of the game. Even though the D800 sounds great, my 7D and 5DII allow me to take amazing photos and I'll hold off until Canon releases something else comparable... AND if they don't, oh well, my 7D and 5DII will continue to get me the amazing photos that my clients still pay me $ money for. :D

-Hieu
Gear | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link)

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 12, 2011 11:52 |  #53

myoungok wrote in post #11828255 (external link)
“640K of memory should be enough for anybody.”

lol ^_^

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

ilumo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,708 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 12, 2011 11:54 |  #54

pbelarge wrote in post #11828666 (external link)
You sound like a very disgruntled person...sorry a camera is doing this to you.

Maybe you can sell me your crappy 5DII and a couple of the lenses dirt cheap since they are so crappy. And, I will feel better, as I have helped you through such bad times. And, you will help me - a win/win situation, what could be better? ;)

When I was young, my parents instilled in me not to spread rumors....:)

Yes. I guess I just had to rant in my original post. I haven't given up on canon yet. We'll see if this fabled 3d comes out. I would love that. If not ill take you up on your offer :p

Body: 5D Mark IV
Glass: 50mm f/1.8 | 35mm f/1.4L USM | 17-40 f/4.0L USM | 24-70 f/2.8L II USM | 24-105 f/4.0L IS USM | 70-200 f/2.8L II IS USM | 85mm f/1.2L USM | 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
Accessories: 430 EX II, 600 EX, tripods, umbrellas, and other goodies.

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 12, 2011 11:56 |  #55

I've never seen the point in complaining that a particular company doesn't produce what you want, but another company does. If the other company is making products that suit you better, then buy their product.

If Canon were to build cameras with the same specs as the equivalent Nikon model, there would be much less choice for everybody as we would have two companies building the same range of products.

As it stands, Canon and Nikon have differing priorities and produce cameras with different target buyers. So, the Canon 5D III (rumoured) specs don't suit you as much as the D800 (rumoured) specs? Fine you buy the Nikon. There are others who will find the Canon specs more to their liking and switch from Nikon to Canon. It's a free world and we can all buy what suits us best.

The last thing I want to see is the replacements for the 5D II and D700 coming out as clones of each other with near identical specs. That just makes it harder to find gear that suits your ideal requirements.

Variety is good, long may the 'big two' continue to make very different products.

sharrowm
682 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 12, 2011 11:57 |  #56

ilumo wrote in post #11828240 (external link)
yes. I hope that people jump canon's bandwagon so that canon will maybe make some change. if not, ohh well. nikon's probably where I want to be anyway. tons of guys on this forum have done so already.

The plural "tons" implies more than 1 ton. 2 tons would be 4000lbs. My observation has been that, in general, serious photographers are an over weight bunch. Let's say 250lbs on average. That means that only 16 guys have switched? That's not a lot!

Seriously though: If the rumors are true then you are probably right and a lot of people will switch. However, I really doubt that neither Canon or Nikon will let the other get too far ahead with features at a given price point so I wouldn't worry about the rumors.

Marc

5D Mark II | 7D |17-40L | 24-105L IS| 70-200L 4.0 IS | 50 1.8 | 100mm macro|100-400L | 580EX
It never looks the same on the wall as it does in the paint can

yourdoinitwrong
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 12, 2011 12:02 as a reply to  @ Mastamarek's post |  #57

Let me get this right. You post on a Canon-oriented site complaining about the gear based on information from a rumor site and then get bent out of shape when people don't agree with you? Did you expect everyone to just say that you are perfectly correct and we will all jump ship to Nikon with you? Everyone has different needs and if what you have now doesn't fit yours then do whatever you feel you have to do. But to expect a bunch of Canon owners who have many thousands invested in gear that THEY are perfectly happy with to agree with you is seriously misguided.

5D4 w/BG-E20, 24-105 f/4L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 35 f/1.4L, 85 f/1.8, 100 f/2.8L IS Macro, Sigma 50 f/1.4
Full List

JohnHemlock
182 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 12, 2011 12:04 |  #58

I wonder if Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb have threads like this?

Powershot A530, 2 AA Batteries, Wrist Strap

NaKiD ­ EyE
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 12, 2011 12:18 |  #59

JohnHemlock wrote in post #11828769 (external link)
I wonder if Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb have threads like this?

no but coke and pepsi do.

Howzit
59 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 12, 2011 12:22 |  #60

ilumo wrote in post #11828215 (external link)
...Nikons lens lineup now is awesome. They just need a 70-200 IS f "4" and they would have my ideal setup.

Your lens line up is not too shabby. ...what lenses do Nikon have that you so desire that you cannot add to your Canon arsenal now?

sponsored links

39,679 views & 0 likes for this thread
After reading this... Canon might be losing a customer...
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.