Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 15 Feb 2011 (Tuesday) 04:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My First Thread

Epic ­ Photographer
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 15, 2011 04:15 |  #1

Hello everyone,
I thought I would make my first thread today. The pictures can speak for themselves but ill say it first, I am a complete NEWB and could use all the help I can get. The best shots I took were at the end (atleast i think so). I also put up all the pictures just to give everyone an idea of where I am at skill wise. Any C&C would be appreciated.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

For the pictures with lighting i used a 580exii on camera at about 1/16th, yn 460ii 1/1 behind the model and a yn 460ii ~8-10ft to the left or right at 1/2 (i think)

http://tmasood.nautica​ltech.com/public/album​/ (external link)

I would appreciate all C&C and tips.

Talha Masood

kuraz
624 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 15, 2011 09:42 |  #2

Hi there Talha,

Welcome to POTN. I looked through your set of photos and I noticed a few things. It seems like you were trying to get her face lit and keep the detail of the sunset as well. To do this you could have popped the flash up, put the camera in manual or M mode, put the shutter speed to your sync speed of your camera (probably 1/200), use a small aperture f/8 would probably do, and take the shot. This will allow you to do what you were aming for. Kind of like what you did in photo #38. Not sure if the end photos were using off camera flash or just a light that was out there for rim. Looks like just a light standing around.

By the way you will get more critiques if you post the pictures here. People hate following links but I follow from time to time. Here is a link you can use to show how to post here: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=157706

Gear

Epic ­ Photographer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 16, 2011 03:49 as a reply to  @ kuraz's post |  #3

Thanks for your reply, I know i have some pictures with multiple exposures in the album which is because I though i should try and make a HDR image to show all the details possible. I also went ahead and embedded some pictures to the thread. Thanks for your advice.

ratempa
438 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 16, 2011 03:54 |  #4

Welcome, looks like a good start. Fighting the sun ain't easy, but you'll get it.

FaceBook (external link)
500px (external link)
InstaGram (external link)

Darren09
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 16, 2011 04:22 |  #5

I personally like the 3rd shot. If only lighting is brighter.

Good start anyway. Keep going. :)

Portrait Photography Singapore - Halcyon Media
http://www.portraitsph​otographysingapore.com​/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

923 views & 0 likes for this thread
My First Thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.