Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 15 Feb 2011 (Tuesday) 06:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Strikeforce MMA

muls
445 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 15, 2011 06:12 |  #1

Wanted to share my work from Saturday night, I covered Strikeforce for ESPN. The plan was to blow out coverage of the event, since it was our first one, and give it a look that suggested we had multiple shooters. It was a lot of fun planning different angles. The editors also planned out a ZOOM gallery, which was a new thing for our coverage. Just wanted to share, love to hear feedback (positive and negative) on the format, and work. Thanks for looking.

http://es.pn/f1Bg6n (external link)

Ed

Ed Mulholland
Website/Blog (external link)
Photoshelter Archives (external link)
Sportshooter Page (external link)
Twitter: @muls96

sponsored links
McBride61
233 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 15, 2011 13:18 |  #2

The ZOOM gallery is a little weird for a user at first but the results are awesome. I liked the above the cage shots, was that camera on a remote trigger? The broken nose pic and Fedor's shut eye were my favorites.

muls
THREAD ­ STARTER
445 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 16, 2011 14:56 |  #3

McBride61 wrote in post #11848470 (external link)
I liked the above the cage shots, was that camera on a remote trigger?

Yes, I hung a 16-35 f2.8L II off of the lighting truss and triggered it via pocket wizard. I was pretty happy with it. I do it for boxing, but hadn't done it yet for MMA. I'll be running it again this weekend for HBO in Vegas...hopefully there is a KO...

Ed Mulholland
Website/Blog (external link)
Photoshelter Archives (external link)
Sportshooter Page (external link)
Twitter: @muls96

InnerSong
215 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 16, 2011 17:01 |  #4

epic shots

http://yourinnersong.c​om (external link):: INNERSONG :: (external link)

DC ­ Fan
Cream of the Crop
5,881 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 16, 2011 20:42 as a reply to  @ InnerSong's post |  #5

A technique question: is there a way to minimize the effect of sighting through the cage, or are you limited by the cage material and the lighting angles that might cause reflections off the fencing?

Apexer
357 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 16, 2011 21:14 |  #6

Great shots !!!

I caught the last fight - The victor should be fined for excessive humility. ( j/k )

Sorry...dont remember the names, not a rabid fan, but sure do appreciate the skills.

Mark
http://www.crollhausph​otography.com/ (external link)
7D
30D
Stuff

TitusvilleSurfer
784 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 17, 2011 00:04 |  #7

#11 was my favorite. You can read, "Oh my god this is going to hurt", all over his face. Then 12 and 13 confirm this theory.

50D | G11 | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 580exII

SnapLocally.com
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 17, 2011 08:09 |  #8

DC Fan wrote in post #11858338 (external link)
A technique question: is there a way to minimize the effect of sighting through the cage, or are you limited by the cage material and the lighting angles that might cause reflections off the fencing?

It depends on 1) the size of the cage, and 2) your physical distance from it.

Many of the big shows have a catwalk around the cage, and the photographers have to shoot outside of it. This would require a longer lens than if one had direct cageside access. Using a lens such as a 70-200 will cause the fencing to "disappear", but then the issue becomes auto focus vs manual, since the fencing and glare can make AF all but impossible.

www.SnapLocally.com (external link)

Aressem
Goldmember
4,368 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 17, 2011 16:20 |  #9

Wicked photos! :)

Ryan Mackay WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | GEAR LIST | Buy & Sell Feedback: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,712 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Feb 17, 2011 21:19 |  #10

Great shots! I watched on TV.

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

sponsored links

2,116 views & 0 likes for this thread
Strikeforce MMA
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.