Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 18 Feb 2011 (Friday) 21:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I love full moon & mountain peak shots

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,604 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 18, 2011 21:44 |  #1

I would like your thoughts on this landscape shot from last night.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

sponsored links
Lonestarlady61
696 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Location: Montana for over 13 years but I'm originally from Houston, Texas.

Feb 18, 2011 21:53 |  #2

tkbslc wrote in post #11871198 (external link)
I would like your thoughts on this landscape shot from last night.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

I love how well you captured the moon against the blue sky. The mountains aren't anything spectacular but not bad either. I too love the mountains. I live in Montana and we are surrounded by mountains.

Canon 60D since Dec. 2011, Canon 28-135mm lens, Canon 70-300mm USM lens and Nifty Fifty 50mm 1.8 lens. Just got in a new lens: Tamron 18-270mm ; )

Ed ­ Harp
606 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 19, 2011 08:45 |  #3

I like the potential in this shot. I'd like to see the moon on the left side and lower in the frame so that it fills the area of the frame that is the most empty. 20 years ago you'd have to either walk or drive a mile back to the left. Today you can just cut and paste the moon in another layer and place it where you want, and recrop. You can also change the contrast, color, and sharpness within limits. Now it's really amazing if it all comes together you can do little editing.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon 5D Classic, 30D, 50D, (all gripped) Ef 50mm f/1.4, EF-S 10-22mm, EF 17-40mm F/4 L, EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II, EF 300mm f/4 L IS, 1.4x ii TC, Canon 500D, Smith-Victor CF300 Carbon Fiber Tripod,BH5 ball head, Manfrotto Neotec Tripod, Manfrotto 322RC2 head

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 19, 2011 11:51 |  #4

nice edit, nice shot

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 19, 2011 12:01 as a reply to  @ suecassidy's post |  #5

I like the first, maybe a crop to the second prominent peak, lower to the moon, and perhaps B&W? Vertical crop.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Peano
Goldmember
1,778 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 19, 2011 12:11 |  #6

Very nice! I like it. This is an interesting shot for playing with composition ... by placing the
moon in different locations. There's no "right" answer, but this position felt more balanced to
me. I would shift the hue of the blue away from cyan and darken it a bit.

IMAGE: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9996/moon2z.jpg

---
Peano
RadiantPics.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,271 views & 0 likes for this thread
I love full moon & mountain peak shots
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.