Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 20 Feb 2011 (Sunday) 22:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Fans Unite!

Jazzi
216 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 20, 2011 22:32 |  #1

There's a posting and subsequent thread started by a person who has had an unpleasant experience with Adorama. From my read of the thread it seems likely he ordered the wrong item, and when show the item number failed to correct the error before the order was confirmed. Of course, I could be wrong.

At the same time, I've been a big fan of Adorama. Their delivery has been amazingly fast, and never once have then sent me something other than what I ordered.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you've been happy with Adorama, let me hear it.

------
Canon 5dMk3
Canon 24-105L f4, Canon 135 f2.0L, Canon 100L IS 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon 70-200L, Canon 16-35L 2.8IS II, Canon 85 f1.8

sponsored links
themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 20, 2011 22:53 |  #2

I have had a lot of great purchases from Adorama. They will be getting business from me for years to come.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 21, 2011 01:47 as a reply to  @ themadman's post |  #3

Ordered from them a few times, absolutely no problem either.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 21, 2011 02:46 |  #4

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 21, 2011 02:50 |  #5

Jazzi wrote in post #11882330 (external link)
There's a posting and subsequent thread started by a person who has had an unpleasant experience with Adorama. From my read of the thread it seems likely he ordered the wrong item, and when show the item number failed to correct the error before the order was confirmed. Of course, I could be wrong.

At the same time, I've been a big fan of Adorama. Their delivery has been amazingly fast, and never once have then sent me something other than what I ordered.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you've been happy with Adorama, let me hear it.

This is just lame. I like Adorama, but this is too much. Reading this is cringe-worthy. Don't forget to start a "I <3 Adorama" facebook page.

My Gearlist

MikeI
Goldmember
2,074 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 21, 2011 04:03 |  #6

I've ordered dozen of things from them over the years. When something doesn't go right, they always go above and beyond to make it right. I've only had one or two issues with them, and both times they were resolved with one phone call. Because of that, they will continue to get my business. I always look there first.

Doubleshot Photography (external link) ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=3138451&postcou​nt=595"]My Gear ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://irel​and-photo.smugmug.com/"]Pe​rsonal Gallery

davidl
41 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 21, 2011 08:16 as a reply to  @ MikeI's post |  #7

Back in the '90s I bought mostly from B&H, but in recent years -- especially since buying my 1st digital body in early 2009 -- my business has decidedly shifted to Adorama. This is primarily for 3 reasons:
1. excellent service, availability and comparable or (occasionally) lower prices
2. free shipping on more items
3. their clear focus on and commitment to photography, exemplified for instance by their association with Bryan Peterson and his PPSOP

I don't always buy from Adorama, but I check them first. Last night I ordered a Gitzo GT2531 from Adorama. The price was the same at B&H, but Adorama got the order and I know in part item #3, above, plays a role. They've made clear a focus on photography, and I want to reward that.

Best,

David

5D Mk II | 5D Mk IV | 1n | G11 | 17-40 f4 L | 24-105 f4 IS L | 180mm f3.5 L macro | 70-200 f4 IS L | 70-200 f2.8 L | 300 f4 L | 400 f5.6 L | 100mm macro (non-USM) | 15mm f2.8 fisheye | 50mm f1.8 Mk I | 580 EX | 100-400L IS Mk II
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41709201@N04/ (external link)

jeev
Goldmember
1,549 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 21, 2011 08:41 |  #8

+1 Adorama and Helen

1d4|5D3|85LII|50L|200F2LIS|500 F4L IS|
2.8/21 ZE|2/35 ZE|2/100 MP ZE|T* 50mm f/1.7 C/Y|
16-35II|70-200II|

volfan1978
720 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 21, 2011 08:58 |  #9

I agree with everyone above. I buy most of my new stuff from Amazon, but Adorama runs a close second. Adorama's customer service is top notch.

juanpafer
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 21, 2011 09:05 |  #10

I have purchased many items and have never had any problems with Adorama. Always fast shipping, good service.
...oh... and having Helen in the forum is a BIG plus.

Juan

AskedForIt
48 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 21, 2011 09:50 |  #11

I am a many times over repeat Adorama customer. I place most of my larger orders via phone. On occasion, I have received a phone call regarding an online order. The sales department wanted to make sure I was ordering exactly what I wanted, and there was a time the Pix department noticed an issue with my order. They have earned my business, and I look forward to making the trip to the b&m site some day.

Furner
121 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 21, 2011 09:58 |  #12

Im not loyal, ill shop Adorama, B&H, Amazon, Calumet, or local, whoever has the best price.
But Adorama has never done me wrong. If they continue to have a good selection and continue to ship orders really fast, they will keep my business.

Canon 30D, 40D, 17-55mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 430EX, strobist stuff.https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=888751

mjryan67
167 posts
Joined May 2003

Feb 21, 2011 10:03 |  #13

Is there a way to contact Helen directly? I am about to do a large order for the new studio and B and H has been willing to do some quantity pricing but I dont know if Adorama would be willing to do something similar?

Thanks,

Michael

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 21, 2011 10:08 |  #14

Been dealing with Adorama for a while. Nothing but a positive experience.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,506 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 21, 2011 10:08 |  #15

mjryan67 wrote in post #11884514 (external link)
Is there a way to contact Helen directly? I am about to do a large order for the new studio and B and H has been willing to do some quantity pricing but I dont know if Adorama would be willing to do something similar?

Thanks,

Michael

HelenO@adorama.com (external link)

sponsored links

3,125 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama Fans Unite!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.