Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 14 Feb 2011 (Monday) 17:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wacom or other tablets: worth it?

Hot ­ Cocoa
THREAD ­ STARTER
211 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 21, 2011 23:03 |  #31
bannedPermanent ban

I liked the one I got. but didnt like the touch, and its not worth the $50 extra. so Im returing it for the non touch version of the bamboo.

Pixel Peeper

sponsored links
Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 21, 2011 23:12 |  #32

I have the cheap as chips Bamboo and find it a boon with LR & PS.

I can only imagine that the higher models would be correspondingly nicer to use.

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

S.E.V.
/Include subdirectories, empty directories, and verify.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 21, 2011 23:57 |  #33

1. Yes, IMHO worth every penny.
2. Yes 90% more then the mouse. (only use the mouse for web browsing)
3. Wacom Brand
4. Wacom Pen, better fine tuning ability when used in photosop.

I personally have the Wacom Intuos 4 Large 8x12 and love it!!! so much more you can do with a tablet. I am also planning on picking up a smaller tablet from Wacom for the road for use with the laptop.

Sevan

ShotsInTime (external link) / Gear List /Flickr (external link) / Canon Family Portrait (external link)
- Don't Argue With A Stupid Person, They Will Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

THE ­ TROOPER
737 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 22, 2011 03:17 |  #34

wow My Daughter just bought me a wacom bamboo pen. Its bog standard but I am so pleased that she managed to get out of her bedroon and down to the shops ;)

Its so hard to use there must be a learning curve to these things. I really want to get used to it so I can make selections for my photo montage's but so far i can't get to grips with it.

5DII GRIPPED - 17-40L
http://www.dreamworldi​mages.co.uk/ (external link)

S.E.V.
/Include subdirectories, empty directories, and verify.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 23, 2011 01:46 |  #35

THE TROOPER wrote in post #11890293 (external link)
wow My Daughter just bought me a wacom bamboo pen. Its bog standard but I am so pleased that she managed to get out of her bedroon and down to the shops ;)

Its so hard to use there must be a learning curve to these things. I really want to get used to it so I can make selections for my photo montage's but so far i can't get to grips with it.

Usually a few weeks of constant use and your set. But you have to use it for everything, even try web surfing. Just sit there and open folder on your PC and what not, but the big tablets are easier to work on cause the are much more equal to the screen size, by that I mean the feel you get in the work area. Good luck.

ShotsInTime (external link) / Gear List /Flickr (external link) / Canon Family Portrait (external link)
- Don't Argue With A Stupid Person, They Will Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

jackies35
796 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 23, 2011 22:42 |  #36

Sep9000 wrote in post #11864834 (external link)
I only find tablets helpful with drawing. Unless you're doing an insane amount of work on a picture that I cant really think of then I dont see why it would be useful.

Hey, you got a good point here. I spend so much money on my camera and photoshop and now a WACOM!! AARRGGHH!!:mad:

Well, I guess it's less pressure on the hand than using a mouse in photoshop. Someone stated that using a mouse is like using a rock to work in photoshop. oh well, I will let my boss get one for me!

Just a Christian passing by Event Photography.......
www.pictureme2.com (external link) & www.twitter.com/pictur​eme2 (external link)

Nikon D7000 18-105 mm f3.5/50 mm f/1.4
Rebel XT
/50mm f1.4/Sigma 17-70mm f2.8

jackies35
796 posts
Joined May 2006

Feb 23, 2011 23:14 |  #37

Peano wrote in post #11865044 (external link)
They'll work fine for someone who does cover images for magazines like Elle and Esquire. I know at least two retouchers who work at that level and use a Bamboo.

Totally awesome! I am getting one asap!
Also you website is awesome!!!:eek:

Just a Christian passing by Event Photography.......
www.pictureme2.com (external link) & www.twitter.com/pictur​eme2 (external link)

Nikon D7000 18-105 mm f3.5/50 mm f/1.4
Rebel XT
/50mm f1.4/Sigma 17-70mm f2.8

JackFlash19
372 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2008

Feb 24, 2011 01:20 |  #38

I've got an Intuous 4 small and I freakin love it. My editing skills and creativity have expanded by leaps and bounds by being able to have a pen in my hand. Go for it.

40d | 10-22mm | 28-135mm | 50mm 1.8II | 430exII | 7500tm tripod | filters, bags, books and a very long wishlist.
White Hot Media (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

8,190 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wacom or other tablets: worth it?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.