Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Feb 2011 (Monday) 21:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D at Costco...

stevemacko
301 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 21, 2011 21:35 |  #1

I'm almost there... Almost ready to pull the trigger.

I've been watching the Costco website, and they have had the 60D with the 18-135 for a few bucks cheaper than most places... until tonight. No more 60D on the Costco website.

Any ideas why?

A whole box of point and shoots, EOS 30D, EF 20-35 f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8, Super Tak 135, 70-200 f/4 L

sponsored links
nonick
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 22:33 |  #2

Guess they are sold out? You can try the local Costco. Some of them may still have it.

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

stevemacko
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 21, 2011 22:45 |  #3

I've been to all of our local Costco stores, and none have had it in the store... There are pallets of Nikon D90's, however... :-(

A whole box of point and shoots, EOS 30D, EF 20-35 f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8, Super Tak 135, 70-200 f/4 L

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 22, 2011 08:24 |  #4

Lesson learned?

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

YARDBURNER
116 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 22, 2011 10:24 as a reply to  @ Addicted2EOS's post |  #5

Sam's has 'em for $1199.00

Dave ­ Weldon
467 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 24, 2011 09:14 as a reply to  @ YARDBURNER's post |  #6

Howdy,

Back in May '10 I was looking at buying a T2i from my local Costco. Poof, no more in stock. They looked at their upcoming delivery schedule and saw that none were allocated to their store. I called the main headquarters and actually got transferred to the person who orders them from Canon. She confirmed that none were allocated to my store but then agreed to have 6 units dirverted to it! I alerted the local store manager and he confirmed that 6 were now due to show-up in a week or so. I checked back every few days to confirm the delivery schedule. I showed-up at the store before they even had time to cut open the case and got mine ($882 out the door w/18-55mm kit was an ok price at the time) :). It was many more weeks before they got another delivery. I usually buy from B&H or Adorama but I just wasn't in the mood to buy that camera online :oops:.

stevemacko
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 24, 2011 22:59 |  #7

Hey- That's good to know. Thanks for the information!

Steve

Dave Weldon wrote in post #11904833 (external link)
Howdy,

Back in May '10 I was looking at buying a T2i from my local Costco. Poof, no more in stock. They looked at their upcoming delivery schedule and saw that none were allocated to their store. I called the main headquarters and actually got transferred to the person who orders them from Canon. She confirmed that none were allocated to my store but then agreed to have 6 units dirverted to it! I alerted the local store manager and he confirmed that 6 were now due to show-up in a week or so. I checked back every few days to confirm the delivery schedule. I showed-up at the store before they even had time to cut open the case and got mine ($882 out the door w/18-55mm kit was an ok price at the time) :). It was many more weeks before they got another delivery. I usually buy from B&H or Adorama but I just wasn't in the mood to buy that camera online :oops:.

soulevolved
223 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 25, 2011 02:13 |  #8

To give a little insight, if its not online, its definitely not going to be at your local costco. Corporate buyers are the ones who control which product goes where and whether a certain product can get enough what little profit Costco, per product, and of course the marketing percentage that Costco sells mid to high end cameras to is very little. Mostly the camera's that Costco carry in the DSLR range from Canon is the Rebel series mainly. To be honest I actually haven't seen a xxD come through any of SKU's in warehouse in the inventory system. I can check tomorrow in the LA & Bay Area Region see if any stores are near your area if you give me a near location.

stevemacko wrote in post #11888873 (external link)
I'm almost there... Almost ready to pull the trigger.

I've been watching the Costco website, and they have had the 60D with the 18-135 for a few bucks cheaper than most places... until tonight. No more 60D on the Costco website.

Any ideas why?

My Gear | my flick (external link) | Evolved Photography (external link) | My Feedback | Searched Feedback

k9trainer
381 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Feb 25, 2011 14:36 |  #9

I bought a 5D at Costco back in the day, so it is possible they may someday sell the 5DII

Canon 5D Mark IV & BG-E20
17-40L & 70-200 IS2.8 Mark II L
Canon1.4x ll & 2X II Extender
Canon 15mm Fisheye
Previously owned Canon 5DI, 5DII, BG-E6, Canon 70-2002.8IS L, 24-105IS L, Flash 580EX II

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 25, 2011 14:47 as a reply to  @ k9trainer's post |  #10

Costco = When we have it, we have it and when we don't, we don't.

It's actually a very smart tool they use to get folks into the store more frequently. They make tons of cash off impulse buyers.

You go for a case of water but come home with 100lbs of chicken, four tires, a pizza, 50 AA batteries, two BluRay movies and four passes to Sea World. Then you realize you forgot the water so you go back and...

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

denvillerailfan
109 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Feb 25, 2011 15:07 as a reply to  @ FlyingPhotog's post |  #11

I remember drooling over the 7D sitting on the shelf back when. Also remember the CF cards.
...then I remembered the chicken and water :(

moeronn
Goldmember
2,516 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 25, 2011 15:14 |  #12

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #11913509 (external link)

It's actually a very smart tool they use to get folks into the store more frequently. They make tons of cash off impulse buyers.

You go for a case of water but come home with 100lbs of chicken, four tires, a pizza, 50 AA batteries, two BluRay movies and four passes to Sea World. Then you realize you forgot the water so you go back and...

:lol:

I feel proud if I can get out of there without spending $300 and fell victorious if I spend less than $50.

flickr (external link)

soulevolved
223 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 26, 2011 03:06 |  #13

The power of marketing...Thanks for the business. Keeps me on my day job..

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #11913509 (external link)

My Gear | my flick (external link) | Evolved Photography (external link) | My Feedback | Searched Feedback

absolutic
Goldmember
1,222 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 26, 2011 09:36 |  #14

not here, when we go to costco, even at lunchtime, for some reason, we always walk out with something. And not only do Costco stores and online have different items, different Costco stores have completely different inventory. Even clothes is different, I once bought a jacket at one Costco and needed to exchange the size at a different one and they had a completely different Jackets by the same brand. Even different yogurts are sold at different Costco stores. Camerawise it is the same, some stores will have items that others won't and online it would be different yet. Good thing about Costo is of course 90 days return no-questions-ask policy on Cameras, so you can truly explore your camera before deciding whether to keep it or not

my youtube https://www.youtube.co​m …b_confirmation=​1%5B%2Furl (external link)
Latest POTN feedback https://photography-on-the.net …=15934524&postc​ount=39869
https://photography-on-the.net …=16930253&postc​ount=43618

ajmill25
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 28, 2011 21:07 as a reply to  @ absolutic's post |  #15

Looks like it is back again. 60D and 18-135 for $1149 plus free 4GB SD. It's so tempting, if only I didn't have to pay sales tax....

60D, Sigma 18-50, Canon 55-250 IS, 430ex II

sponsored links

3,070 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D at Costco...
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.