Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Feb 2011 (Monday) 15:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Eli shipped with broken spare fuse

petedam
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 15:40 |  #1

Has any of you Canadians had this problem? I called B & H and they told me to call Elinchrom...I called Ellinchrom and they told me that I had to pay for the spare parts to be shipped because I am in Canada. Is that fare that I have to pay for it? I didn't buy broken item!

Some of you may say...it would not be much but that's not the point!

Thanks for your input.

Just my 2 Cents
Pete
A couple of bodies, a few lenses, a few lights, and a few modifiers.....Here to learn! :)

sponsored links
PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Feb 21, 2011 15:48 |  #2

Why didn't you just ask for an RMA so that you can have it exchanged because it's broken. I always order online so I just go online to fill out an RMA form for an exchange. I've never had problems with exchanges the few times I've had to do that. But then, I don't live in Canada, either, so I'm not sure if they have a different policy for international orders.

...Leo

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 15:52 |  #3

^^I immediately contacted B&H and they told me that they would get back to me on it and never did and I contacted them again and they told me to call ELi. I thought because it's just spare fuses they can just send replacement so that it saves everyone time and money. But I guess not!!!:o

Just my 2 Cents
Pete
A couple of bodies, a few lenses, a few lights, and a few modifiers.....Here to learn! :)

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Feb 21, 2011 16:23 |  #4

petedam wrote in post #11886724 (external link)
^^I immediately contacted B&H and they told me that they would get back to me on it and never did and I contacted them again and they told me to call ELi. I thought because it's just spare fuses they can just send replacement so that it saves everyone time and money. But I guess not!!!:o

What did you get, if you don't mind my asking? Strobes, heads and packs usually come with spare fuses. Everyone of mine did.

...Leo

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 16:37 |  #5

I got 600 RX.

Just my 2 Cents
Pete

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Feb 21, 2011 18:08 |  #6

My two RX 600 strobes each came with two spare fuses (main power fuse and modeling light fuse) in little clear plastic pouches wrapped around the strobe handle. Didn't yours come with spares, too?

...Leo

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 18:12 |  #7

Yeah thats what I got that's broken! :)

Just my 2 Cents
Pete

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Feb 21, 2011 19:05 |  #8

petedam wrote in post #11887570 (external link)
Yeah thats what I got that's broken! :)

Ah, I see. But your strobe should still work, though, right, since there should also be fuses installed already in it?

...Leo

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 19:22 |  #9

yup...it still works! Been using it for a couple of months now and STILL waiting for them to replace the SPARE but B and H doesn't seem to be willing to do anything about it at the moment. Am I crazy for trying to get them to replace that? After all I paid for (including the spares) unbroken item!

Just my 2 Cents
Pete

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,853 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Feb 21, 2011 19:57 |  #10

petedam wrote in post #11888031 (external link)
yup...it still works! Been using it for a couple of months now and STILL waiting for them to replace the SPARE but B and H doesn't seem to be willing to do anything about it at the moment. Am I crazy for trying to get them to replace that? After all I paid for (including the spares) unbroken item!

OK, now I'm confused. You've had the strobe for a month now? When did you tell B&H about the broken fuses? I was initially under the impression that you just got the strobes today or yesterday.

If you reported the broken fuses as soon as you got them, then I agree that B&H should have sent you replacement fuses right away, assuming they have them to give you. I just checked their site and it doesn't look like they carry fuses. That may explain why they asked you to contact Elinchrom directly.

Have you tried contacting the Canadian distributor for Elinchrom? I believe that's Vistek Ltd.

...Leo

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 20:06 |  #11

PacAce wrote in post #11888273 (external link)
OK, now I'm confused. You've had the strobe for a month now? When did you tell B&H about the broken fuses? I was initially under the impression that you just got the strobes today or yesterday.

If you reported the broken fuses as soon as you got them, then I agree that B&H should have sent you replacement fuses right away, assuming they have them to give you. I just checked their site and it doesn't look like they carry fuses. That may explain why they asked you to contact Elinchrom directly.

Have you tried contacting the Canadian distributor for Elinchrom? I believe that's Vistek Ltd.

Ok...I got it waaaaayyyy back in September! Long weekend in September. Called B and H right after the long weekend, since i got it in Friday. They told me that they don't carry the fuse and they'll contact Elinchrom and get back to me....and I left it at that. Contacted them a couple of months later they told me the same thing that they'll get back to me which they didn't. Finally last week I called them again and this time they told me to contact Eli myself. When I did ELi told me that I'd have to pay shipping because I am not an American, they only ship free to US customers. I am not getting anywhere with B and H it's frustrating. Like I said before its probably wouldn't be much for shipping but I don't think that I should be paying for it. I think B and H should take care of that.

You are right Vistek is the local distributor for ELi but I am not sure if they are going to do anything for me since I didn't buy from them...

Just my 2 Cents
Pete

spacetime
Goldmember
1,276 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 21, 2011 20:25 |  #12

You'd RMA a product for a $1 part that's easily replaceable? You are entitled to receive the items you purchased in working condition but all this trouble for fuses seems a bit absurd. And good luck ever getting Elinchrom to send you replacement parts for free.

petedam
THREAD ­ STARTER
728 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 21, 2011 20:33 |  #13

emitecaps wrote in post #11888454 (external link)
You'd RMA a product for a $1 part that's easily replaceable? You are entitled to receive the items you purchased in working condition but all this trouble for fuses seems a bit absurd. And good luck ever getting Elinchrom to send you replacement parts for free.

I honestly dont know how much the spare fuses are but like I said I didn't buy a damage product, at least that's how I look at it. It might seem absurd to you but has B and H ever give you anything for free? Bottom line is B and H should take care of it I don't care if it's 50 cents. Thats just me.

Just my 2 Cents
Pete

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 22, 2011 11:31 |  #14

petedam wrote in post #11888512 (external link)
I honestly dont know how much the spare fuses are but like I said I didn't buy a damage product, at least that's how I look at it.

They should replace but some retailers would make you return the entire kit instead. Should you decide to just buy one it's not that big a deal to get fuses. I would check with a local electronics supply since you can probably pick up half a dozen for a buck or two.

Fuses are pretty standard but they do come in slow blow which is a thick metal strip inside or fast acting which looks like a very fine wire. You just need to know which type of delay you need along with the Amp rating and the type of fuse. If someone local shipped them to you it would probably cost less then a buck for postage.

http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Fuse_(electrica​l (external link))

YARDBURNER
116 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 22, 2011 11:58 as a reply to  @ isoMorphic's post |  #15

Radio Shack.
4 fuses for $3.00

Spares would be the first thing
I would buy upon receiving the unit.

sponsored links

1,599 views & 0 likes for this thread
Eli shipped with broken spare fuse
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.