Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 21 Feb 2011 (Monday) 17:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

One lens to rule them all...

snj1013
286 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 23, 2011 16:40 |  #31

AltF4 wrote in post #11887208 (external link)
Hi, I'm not entirely new to these forums but I only just signed up today.

I'm but a poor student who's interested but not very good at "this photography thing" ;)
I have a 30D with my kit 18-55 and a 50/1.4 prime, and a 15-85 on its way to me from B&H's warehouse right now. For months I'd been contemplating buying a sigma 18-200 (hey, it's cheap!) but the 15-85, despite its price, won me over. I bought the 15-85 to use as an all-around lens to use on my backpacking trip in Europe this summer (5-6 weeks) as well as a 2-week vacay on the East Coast (of the US) immediately after that and was wondering about peoples' opinions on that one vacation lens that you guys love to use.

PS I read this other thread, on Europe travel lenses, and am now considering renting a 10-22mm as well. But for 8 weeks, it won't be cheap. Still considering it very strongly though...

Why don't you purchase a used Canon 10-22mm or Sigma 10-20mm? Resell the lens after your trip. You'd most likely save money this way.

60D / Canon 24-105 F/4L IS /

Pasukun
Goldmember
1,388 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 23, 2011 16:52 |  #32

There is one lens to survive all, but not one lens to rule them all.

If it did exist.. interchangeable cameras will come to an end.

"the things we touch have no permanence.. as there is nothing we can hold onto in this world.. only by letting it go can we truly possess what is real.."

My Gears

Terran
151 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 23, 2011 17:43 |  #33

Sell your kit and prime, pick up a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and keep your 15-85. You now have a great combo with coverage from 11-85mm. The Tokina is sharp as a tack.

| 7D | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | 17-55 f/2.8 | 24 f/1.4L II | 60 f/2.8 Macro | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | EF 2X II | 430EX II

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,424 views & 0 likes for this thread
One lens to rule them all...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.