Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Feb 2011 (Sunday) 15:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

* * * * CANON 40D Yay or Nay??

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 27, 2011 17:07 |  #16

capturephotography wrote in post #11924576 (external link)
Canon Loyalty Program?? never heard of it before, Is there a website i could check out? Im from the Uk btw so is this Loyalty program available to the UK also?

cheers

No, it isn't: http://www.talkphotogr​aphy.co.uk …/showthread.php​?p=2915546 (external link)

David

David

sponsored links
capturephotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 28, 2011 10:35 |  #17

wellllll..............​. I am Now the proud owner of the canon 50D. in excellent condition. last night he advertised in for £550. i got him down to £500, then this morning i offered him £400 Cash and he took it. Bargain or what??!!?!? :P i think soo... lol

yay, im well happy now guys!! so next question, should i keep the Canon 400D or sell it? :)

kcbrown
Cream of the Crop
5,384 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Feb 28, 2011 10:49 |  #18

capturephotography wrote in post #11929320 (external link)
wellllll..............​. I am Now the proud owner of the canon 50D. in excellent condition. last night he advertised in for £550. i got him down to £500, then this morning i offered him £400 Cash and he took it. Bargain or what??!!?!? :P i think soo... lol

yay, im well happy now guys!! so next question, should i keep the Canon 400D or sell it? :)

At this point, I'd probably keep it, unless there's a lens you really want that selling the 400D would pay for (hard to imagine, actually, since the 400D isn't worth all that much anymore). It's always nice to have a backup camera, especially if you're using your camera for paid jobs, and your 400D can also act as the camera you take with you on excursions where you'd be worried about possibly damaging your 50D.

"There are some things that money can't buy, but they aren't Ls and aren't worth having" -- Shooter-boy
Canon: 2 x 7D, Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 OS, 55-250 IS, Sigma 8-16, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4, other assorted primes, and a 430EX.
Nikon: D750, D600, 24-85 VR, 50 f/1.8G, 85 f/1.8G, Tamron 24-70 VC, Tamron 70-300 VC.

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 28, 2011 11:00 |  #19

capturephotography wrote in post #11924483 (external link)
So i was looking to upgrade from my Canon 400D to something like a 50D 550D 5D mkII or even the 7D but all depends on how much i want to spend or when i want to upgrade.

by this stage you're probably wondering were the Canon 40D comes into play as i have it in the title. lol well where i work they have a studio and for a few years they have been using a canon 350D with a stupid kit lens to shoot so called ''professional photographs up until last week when i finally told my boss straight that he needs to let the moths out of his wallet and spend some money on a proper atleast semi pro camera and lens if he wanted chrisp sharp images in his photographs. ( i no longer shoot in the studio as ive taking over the role of suppling him with frames i make at home) the photographer now is his son and to say the least he would occasionally ask me how to change the settings on the Dslr as he hasnt a clue. ( now I have to give him creadit as his work in the studio isnt all bad and he can really pitch sales which help everyone at work meet targets and in return we get bonus' so everyone wins.

o ok so the 40D part well yes this is the upgrade camera that he bought for £475 and it came along with the 17-85mm IS lens.

i wasnt too sure when i first seen it but after playing around with it i was maybe thinking of getting one for myself.

so should i get the 40D and save some money and be able to get it faster or should i hold out with the 400D and save for atleast the 50D?

yes so.... please help. o and my 400D, whats you guys view on this model? i got it for £200 a few years back and its made me between £2,500-£3,000 on small jobs

Sorry, I was trying to read your post and find what for you are going to use 40D. It was hard to find it for me. Sorry, I didn't find it.

I know one photographer with one 30D and one Tammy 18-55 2.8 (if I'm correct with lens numbers).
She takes pictures which are getting sold on pictures stock sites. She produces amazing HDRs which are good for 8x10 and bigger prints. Some of them are taken for commercial use. She runs paid studio sections for portraits.

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

lifejacket
144 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 28, 2011 11:14 |  #20

YAY!

lifejacket
144 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Feb 28, 2011 11:15 |  #21

Congrat on ur purchased YAY!

butugly
621 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 28, 2011 11:33 |  #22

Well done that man,good luck with the new toy,and at a good price.
you might as well sell the 400D now as it will sit in your bag gathering dust and losing money.

capturephotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
219 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 28, 2011 12:23 |  #23

lol cheers butugly!!. ill have loads of fun with it and i actually might sell the 400D as i prob wont use it that much now that i have the 50D

cheers.

Keebert
613 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 28, 2011 12:34 |  #24

Congrats! Now that you have your 50D, unless you need the 400D for something (back-up, places where you would not take your 50D etc) then I would sell it as quickly as you can since the longer you keep it, the less it will be worth. Then use to money to buy glass!

Body prices only go down

IMAGE: http://www.canonpricewatch.com/graph/02665-Canon-EOS-50D-price-graph.png

Lens prices only go up!
IMAGE: http://www.canonpricewatch.com/graph/00055-Canon-EF-70-200mm-f4L-USM-price-graph.png

5D3, 50/1.4, 40/2.8, 24-105L, 100L, 70-200L II, 400/5.6L, 600EX-RT, Zuiko 28/2.8, flickr (external link)

eb314
314 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 03, 2011 12:17 |  #25

capturephotography wrote in post #11929320 (external link)

Nice! Too bad about the lack of the loyalty program in the UK, although you still got a good deal on your 50. Enjoy!

sponsored links

3,193 views & 0 likes for this thread
* * * * CANON 40D Yay or Nay??
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.