Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 01 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 08:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Russian wedding photos..

Andrushka
"all warm and fuzzy"
3,735 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 05, 2011 01:36 |  #16
bannedPermanently

highway0691 wrote in post #11959240 (external link)
Must remember to never drink vodka whilst photographing a wedding.

haha exactly...

http://www.paradigmpho​tographyoc.com (external link)

sponsored links
PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 05, 2011 10:22 |  #17

highway0691 wrote in post #11959240 (external link)
Must remember to never drink vodka whilst photographing a wedding.

Or while editing. :)

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

alainvd
200 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 05, 2011 11:20 |  #18

Funny thing is that some people still ask me to make some funny shots like #2 :/

5D² - 7D - 17-55 2.8 IS - 90 Macro - 35L - 85LII - 135L
Photographe de mariage en Belgique (external link)

Gomar
532 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 05, 2011 12:14 |  #19

Keep in mind that mostly the peoples of the former USSR are 20-25 years behind the west culturally. Had you gone there in the 1990's, perhaps even today, you would've seen 70's hairstyles, dress, etc. Women even today have fros, men have long side burns, etc. I saw an article in the Village Voice that the best place in NYC to see 70's and 80's nostalgia is to head down to Brighton Beach. Middle aged men with open shirts wearing gold chains, women in waist long boots and mini skirts, etc.
Oh, and dont forget the horrid 70's and 80's music they play in cafes.

Svetlana
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 05, 2011 22:04 |  #20

Gomar wrote in post #11961242 (external link)
Keep in mind that mostly the peoples of the former USSR are 20-25 years behind the west culturally. Had you gone there in the 1990's, perhaps even today, you would've seen 70's hairstyles, dress, etc. Women even today have fros, men have long side burns, etc. I saw an article in the Village Voice that the best place in NYC to see 70's and 80's nostalgia is to head down to Brighton Beach. Middle aged men with open shirts wearing gold chains, women in waist long boots and mini skirts, etc.
Oh, and dont forget the horrid 70's and 80's music they play in cafes.

I'm from Russia (I do live in Canada now as we moved here with my family) and I can definitely tell you you have no idea what you're talking about. Fashion-wise Russia is way ahead of USA right now, they have the most current trends. Most women are all about the most popular styles and colors. Women in Russia dress so nice, they are not afraid to wear heels and look beautiful, and they don't wear runners with skirts to work just because they can change when into more comfortable shoes when they get to the office. Heck they will put makeup on when they're taking out the garbage!

To be honest, making a judgment as you did is a huge disrespect to the Russian members of this forum imo.

Canon 7D, 5Dmk2, 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS, Canon 50 1.2L, 35 1.4L, 85 1.8, Canon 16-35L, Canon 100 2.8L IS Macro, Speedlight 580EX II x 2, 430 EX, enthusiasm.:D http://svetlanayanova.​com/ (external link)

Join me on Facebook (external link)! :)

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 05, 2011 23:20 |  #21

Svetlana wrote in post #11963959 (external link)
I'm from Russia (I do live in Canada now as we moved here with my family) and I can definitely tell you you have no idea what you're talking about. Fashion-wise Russia is way ahead of USA right now, they have the most current trends. Most women are all about the most popular styles and colors. Women in Russia dress so nice, they are not afraid to wear heels and look beautiful, and they don't wear runners with skirts to work just because they can change when into more comfortable shoes when they get to the office. Heck they will put makeup on when they're taking out the garbage!

To be honest, making a judgment as you did is a huge disrespect to the Russian members of this forum imo.

I can always tell when someone posts pictures from a Russian wedding over the in the "Share" section because the brides always seem really fashion forward. Almost *too* fashion forward which is sometimes seen as a little tacky by US standards. What I really think it is, though, is us being behind them rather than them being stuck in the 80s. For instance, those dresses where the top looks like a corset was popular in the former USSR LONG before it make its way here from what I've seen. It's kind of the glamorous trashy look that was popular in the 80s and is coming back with a modern twist.

So I guess in some ways they are a bit 80s, but it's the "new" 80s. And everywhere you look the 80s are coming back... from skinny jeans to guys wearing eye make-up. So for anyone to say the 80s are tacky is to not be very in touch with the trends going on in fashion right now.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

Gomar
532 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 17, 2011 19:04 |  #22

Svetlana wrote in post #11948866 (external link)
How about this as a Russian wedding photography:
http://www.liliyagorla​nova.com/ (external link)
http://happydayphoto.c​om/

These have flash, so I aint looking at them.

http://www.olegshel.ru​/?portfolio=wedding

http://www.olegshel.ru​/?portfolio=wedding (external link)
this one is really really good!

sponsored links

5,346 views & 0 likes for this thread
Russian wedding photos..
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.