Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Mar 2011 (Wednesday) 21:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where is the negative feedback or Buyer Beware forum?

this thread is locked
scottieshea
53 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 09, 2011 21:46 |  #1

I see that there is a positive feedback forum in here, where's the forum to warn people of POTN users that have screwed people over with sales/trades/payments, etc?

sponsored links
SkedAddled
Goldmember
1,937 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 09, 2011 21:47 |  #2

Nope. I'm not gonna touch this one.

Craig5D MK IV|50D|S3iS|AF:Σ10-20|Canon 28-135 USM IS|MF:Tamron SP 28-80|Tamron SP 60-300|Soligor 75-260|Soligor 400|Soligor C/D 500|Zuiko 50 f/1.8|others
Of course I'm all right! Why? What have you heard?!?

MGW172
503 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Mar 09, 2011 21:49 as a reply to  @ SkedAddled's post |  #3

There isn't one. It's a decision by the Mods. Do a search and you will see this comes up every now and then.

7D | 20D | Canon 10-22 | Canon 15-85 | Canon 70-300 L | Canon 100-400 L

scottieshea
THREAD ­ STARTER
53 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 09, 2011 21:59 |  #4

So, when one of the members screws someone over, what protective measures are up to protect others from future failed transaction? It appears that I just lost $800 due to a transaction on here and we can't warn others about it? The mods won't hear it? That's as shady as the transaction. It sounds like I've had my last purchase-and use-of this lousy website then. Adding insult to injury of this all, I can't want people so they don't get screwed? What kind of sh*t-show is this website running? GET REAL MODS!

PicSniper
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 09, 2011 22:03 |  #5

scottieshea wrote in post #11991725 (external link)
So, when one of the members screws someone over, what protective measures are up to protect others from future failed transaction? It appears that I just lost $800 due to a transaction on here and we can't warn others about it? The mods won't hear it? That's as shady as the transaction. It sounds like I've had my last purchase-and use-of this lousy website then. Adding insult to injury of this all, I can't want people so they don't get screwed? What kind of sh*t-show is this website running? GET REAL MODS!

So, you got screwed and the mods are at fault? :rolleyes:

Hello, my name is Victor.
My Gear List

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 09, 2011 22:05 |  #6

i'm hoping you used something like paypal...file a complaint there and get your money back....

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 09, 2011 22:07 |  #7

It's not the Mod's fault, but I agree to be warned of bad deals is nice. But then someone else will come along and take that persons spot. Hope you didn't do a gift option.

mguffin
Goldmember
2,627 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 09, 2011 22:09 |  #8

This is why you don't use gift option...

Mike
Nikon D800 ~ Nikon D500
Sigma 35 f/1.4 DG ~ Nikkor 50 f/1.8G ~ Nikkor 85 f/1.8G ~ Nikkor 12-24 f/4 DX ~ Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 DX ~ Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR ~ Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 DC ~ Sigma 50-100 f/1.8 DC

QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Mar 09, 2011 22:18 |  #9

Why would you expect the MODS to be in any way responsible, this forum is the best place I have ever been a member of.
I'm really sorry for your loss but you are the one who did not watch what you were doing. As the saying goes "buyer beware.
There are many things you could have done before buying anything. Did you ask the seller for any credentials like feedback on here and any where else that they have a good reputation. Did you use paypal?
Totally wrong to expect the mods to scrutinize the members!

5D MarkII | 50D Canon 17-40mm|55-250 | 60mm Macro | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105L IS | 580EXII | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | Ultra Zap 800 |StarFlash 300 X2 | AB 400X 2 Flickr  (external link)

scottieshea
THREAD ­ STARTER
53 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 09, 2011 22:31 |  #10

QueenChatty wrote in post #11991839 (external link)
Why would you expect the MODS to be in any way responsible, this forum is the best place I have ever been a member of.
I'm really sorry for your loss but you are the one who did not watch what you were doing. As the saying goes "buyer beware.
There are many things you could have done before buying anything. Did you ask the seller for any credentials like feedback on here and any where else that they have a good reputation. Did you use paypal?
Totally wrong to expect the mods to scrutinize the members!

First off, you must be an *******.

Yes, I checked the credentials. That is why I was comfortable with going through this transaction.

If a website or moderator isn't allowing some sort of warning or buyer beware, aside from personal reservations, then in not allowing something of that sort is irresponsible. Sorry toots, not everyone is on the up and up in here it seems.

mpix345
Goldmember
2,853 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 09, 2011 22:40 as a reply to  @ QueenChatty's post |  #11

Where is the negative feedback or Buyer Beware forum? That would be at fredmiranda.com

The mods have made it quite clear here that you are on your own with these transactions.

I've had a couple go sort of sideways on me. Not full blown losses, but just things that I am not happy with and transaction partners who are not committed to a good deal. I am rethinking buying anything, unless the person really has a stellar rep. But even then, who really knows?

It's a shame. It seems there are many off-the-shelf options for feedback that would benefit such an active buying and selling community such as this. Of course I don't really know how easy or difficult it is to implement that sort of thing. May be much tougher than I can imagine.

Sorry you got screwed over scottieshea, maybe you can let us know on what item the screwing occurred.

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 09, 2011 22:48 |  #12

It appears that I just lost $800 due to a transaction on here and we can't warn others about it?

Take the person to small claims and if you win post a photo of the judgement for all to see.

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 09, 2011 22:56 |  #13

http://www.askjudgemat​his.com/ (external link)

musso
662 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 09, 2011 22:56 |  #14

we need a different feedback system. i have slowed down on my buying and selling here due to the feedback system. it is a shame you cant warn anyone about a person that is less than upstanding.

bexi20
568 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 09, 2011 22:59 |  #15

musso wrote in post #11992058 (external link)
we need a different feedback system. i have slowed down on my buying and selling here due to the feedback system. it is a shame you cant warn anyone about a person that is less than upstanding.

Yeah, I love to have a feedback system in place.

Canon 5D Mark II

sponsored links

1,734 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where is the negative feedback or Buyer Beware forum?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.