Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Mar 2011 (Friday) 23:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LEE 77mm adapter.

musso
662 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 11, 2011 23:06 |  #1

i have a 77mm lee adapter non wide angel. my question is at what focal length will i start getting Lens Vignetting. i will be using this on a 24-70. will see any Vignetting at 24mm? i have a 82mm wide angel adapter for my 16-35 II will get any Vignetting with that at 16mm?

thank you
Joe

sponsored links
jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 11, 2011 23:22 |  #2

you have the adapter, you have a camera, you have a 24-70 and you're asking us if it'll vignette at 24mm? same with a wide 82 and a 16-35II. :confused:

From their site though, it's either 20 or 24 IIRC... So your 16-35 needs the UWA you have but you have it and are set.

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

musso
THREAD ­ STARTER
662 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 12, 2011 00:22 |  #3

well i don't have the filter yet. if i had a filter i probably would not have asked.

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,324 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 12, 2011 02:07 |  #4

musso wrote in post #12005315 (external link)
well i don't have the filter yet. if i had a filter i probably would not have asked.

Do you have the holder yet? You shouldn't need a filter mounted to see at what point it'll vignette. You can remove the front slot(s) if needed to reduce the holder's profile.

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 12, 2011 06:25 |  #5

musso wrote in post #12005315 (external link)

Vignetting is caused by the holder, not the filter. Simply mount the holder to the lens (with all three slots in place) and shoot some frames at various apertures and various focal lengths. If you see vignetting, then simply remove a slot or two as suggested to reduce/eliminate the vignetting.

If you can't find a Lee 77 WA ring, here's a link to one that'll work (its made by Lee and marketed by Century Optics). Can't say for sure if its in stock...you'll need to check that on your own::

Century Optics/Lee 77 WA Ring (external link)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

Golden ­ Hunter
802 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 12, 2011 07:23 |  #6

argyle wrote in post #12005883 (external link)
Vignetting is caused by the holder, not the filter. Simply mount the holder to the lens (with all three slots in place) and shoot some frames at various apertures and various focal lengths. If you see vignetting, then simply remove a slot or two as suggested to reduce/eliminate the vignetting.

If you can't find a Lee 77 WA ring, here's a link to one that'll work (its made by Lee and marketed by Century Optics). Can't say for sure if its in stock...you'll need to check that on your own::

Century Optics/Lee 77 WA Ring (external link)

This is out of stock at Adorama as well. I have one on (back)order and as of yesterday, they figure another couple of weeks.
B+H is now showing the Lee 77mm WA adapter in stock, but their online ordering is off-line til tonight. http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …7mm&N=0&Initial​Search=yes (external link)

Brent
5D Mark2 // 16-35 f4L // 70-200 f4L // 17-40 f4L // Sigma 50 f1.4//
580EX2

musso
THREAD ­ STARTER
662 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 12, 2011 08:04 |  #7

thank you very much this is very helpful info. yes i have the holder and both adapters 77 and 82.

thank you
joe

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 13, 2011 01:43 |  #8

Golden Hunter wrote in post #12006005 (external link)
This is out of stock at Adorama as well. I have one on (back)order and as of yesterday, they figure another couple of weeks.

Email me for more accurate info on that!!

M.Quick
441 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 13, 2011 07:01 |  #9

musso wrote in post #12006112 (external link)
thank you very much this is very helpful info. yes i have the holder and both adapters 77 and 82.

thank you
joe

And, how did it turn out?
Is there any vignetting, if yes, at what focal lengths etc?

My "cheap" pro-setup;
Canon EOS 450D | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Canon EF 70-200L f2.8 IS USM | YN-468 v2
8GB SDHC Class10 | BG-E5 + 4xLP-E5 | RC-4 | Canon E1 | Lowepro Exchange Messenger bag

sponsored links

1,378 views & 0 likes for this thread
LEE 77mm adapter.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.