Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 07 Mar 2011 (Monday) 19:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

clear bags or envelopes

woodsters
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 07, 2011 19:32 |  #1

Looking for a US supplier of clear bags or envelopes to put photos in for clients. I looked at clearbags.com, but they wanted an outrageous amount of shipping (like $20) just for $9 worth of bags. There has to be someone else out there that is more reasonable, at least on the shipping. I'd hate to just go to Staples and buy some manila envelopes to put them in...lol

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.com (external link)

sponsored links
Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,311 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 08, 2011 06:03 |  #2

Scroll down and you may find a useful link in the bottom-left of this screen (Similar Threads).

Website (external link) |

bohdank
Cream of the Crop
14,060 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 08, 2011 06:31 |  #3

Avery Economy weight sheet protectors at Office Depot/Staples, or something similar.

Bohdan - I may be, and probably am, completely wrong.
Gear List

Montreal Concert, Event and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Flickr (external link)

woodsters
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 08, 2011 07:41 |  #4

thanks, but I don't wanna put them in sheet protectors with holes on the side for a binder....

B-ham ­ Gary
164 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 08, 2011 11:27 as a reply to  @ woodsters's post |  #5

I just went through the same thing and found that clearbags.com has a sister site meant for small orders, clearenvelopes.com (external link). They have the same products, but a $4.95 flat rate USPS shipping option.

Bags seem good, but the inside dimensions seem just a touch undersized, so keep that in mind when choosing.

Good luck,

Gary

GaryReynoldsImages.com (external link)

Black ­ Mesa ­ Images
339 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 08, 2011 15:03 as a reply to  @ B-ham Gary's post |  #6

Try uline.com. Don't know if they have what you are looking for, but it's worth a check.

Instagram (external link)
Black Mesa Images on Facebook (external link)
Black Mesa Images Blog and Photography (external link)
Twitter (external link)

woodsters
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Mar 12, 2011 00:53 |  #7

Thanks guys..

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 12, 2011 17:26 |  #8

+1 on Uline!

Christopher Cross | Apixelintime.com | Nightographer.com (coming soon)
Altering reality one pixel at a time.
A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

skyliner33v
68 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 12, 2011 17:46 |  #9

Adorama sells clearbags.com brand. About $9.00 in shipping for me.

Modakai
20 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 12, 2011 19:24 |  #10

Like a few others have said, give Uline a try.

golfecho
(I will regret that)
2,098 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 04, 2011 07:11 |  #11

apixelintime wrote in post #12008291 (external link)
+1 on Uline!

Question on the Uline products . . . If you want to place a single 11X14 mounted picture in each bag, do you need to order the larger size, or will the 11X14 bags allow the print, mount and backer board to all slip in without "forcing" them in?

Facebook (external link) or Website (external link)

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 06, 2011 08:24 |  #12

golfecho wrote in post #12534053 (external link)
Question on the Uline products . . . If you want to place a single 11X14 mounted picture in each bag, do you need to order the larger size, or will the 11X14 bags allow the print, mount and backer board to all slip in without "forcing" them in?

I don't know the answer for this, but you may try to have them send you some samples.

A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

golfecho
(I will regret that)
2,098 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 06, 2011 09:58 |  #13

apixelintime wrote in post #12544588 (external link)
I don't know the answer for this, but you may try to have them send you some samples.

I went retro and actually called them. They said their bag sizes had no buffer, so if I wanted to insert a 11X14 mount board with backer board, it would be best to have the 12X15 size bags.

I ordered a case (500) of the 18X24 bags . . . I'll let you know how they turn out . . .

Facebook (external link) or Website (external link)

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 06, 2011 10:20 |  #14

golfecho wrote in post #12545059 (external link)
I went retro and actually called them. They said their bag sizes had no buffer, so if I wanted to insert a 11X14 mount board with backer board, it would be best to have the 12X15 size bags.

I ordered a case (500) of the 18X24 bags . . . I'll let you know how they turn out . . .

Fortunately they are local for me so it is easy to pick up the things I need.

sponsored links

2,614 views & 0 likes for this thread
clear bags or envelopes
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.