Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Mar 2011 (Sunday) 03:27
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Would you consider trading a 7D + 24L for a fujifilm X100?"
Absolutely! Go pre-order it now or suffer waiting for months due to the growing backorder!
18.6%
NO. FREAKING. WAY! The 7D IS A BEAST! You are out of your mind!
81.4%

59 voters, 59 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Trading 7D + 24L for the Fujifilm X100. Thoughts?

Spaniard
424 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 14, 2011 06:33 |  #31

PaulB wrote in post #12015920 (external link)
I think that Fuji have already said that they will not be able to fill all the preorders they have from their initial production so I don't think that will happen very soon.

Wait for it to drop. Money is power. :)

Derrick
Burn Money Project : Canon 5DMKII//24L MKII//50L//Speedlite 580 EXII.

PaulB
Goldmember
1,543 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Mar 14, 2011 07:05 |  #32

Spaniard wrote in post #12016022 (external link)
Wait for it to drop. Money is power. :)

Not much help waiting for a cheaper price on a camera you want to be using now and can't even buy at full price because Fuji don't have enough manufacturing capacity..............

The OP has many other options as there are a host of interchangable lens compacts with largish sensors on the market already and why use a 24/1.4L (not the most compact or lightest lens) as the only lens on a 7D you are travelling with anyway?

Marloon
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,323 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 14, 2011 09:36 |  #33

PaulB wrote in post #12016115 (external link)
Not much help waiting for a cheaper price on a camera you want to be using now and can't even buy at full price because Fuji don't have enough manufacturing capacity..............

The OP has many other options as there are a host of interchangable lens compacts with largish sensors on the market already and why use a 24/1.4L (not the most compact or lightest lens) as the only lens on a 7D you are travelling with anyway?

My girlfriend loves the 24L. She hates the Sigma 30 (don't blame her... I think I've spoiled her with L lenses). She appreciates the build quality, sharpness, IQ, bokeh quality of the 1.4, and the near 35mm perspective. It's definitely one of the lightest lenses we own.

I'm MARLON

Former Canon Platinum CPS member

5DII • 24L • 35L • 50L • 85L • 135L • 200LIS

Wordpress Blog (external link)Youtube Channel (external link)Twitter (external link)Gear List (external link)

HKGuns
Goldmember
1,469 posts
Joined May 2008

Mar 14, 2011 09:56 |  #34

Marloon wrote in post #12015191 (external link)
LOL! My girlfriend and I are fair with one another. Afterall, she was the one who gave me my 5DII.

Glad you took that in the way it was intended!

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 14, 2011 14:26 as a reply to  @ HKGuns's post |  #35

Get her a micro four thirds camera.

Calvin
Converted to Sony A7 and love it | Gear & Feedback

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,153 views & 0 likes for this thread
Trading 7D + 24L for the Fujifilm X100. Thoughts?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.