Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 12 Mar 2011 (Saturday) 19:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Space Shuttle Endeavour "Final Rollout"

avimagery
421 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 13, 2011 20:37 |  #16

I'm saddened that I'll never get to take some shots of the shuttles. Nice work.

Andrew-Vincent Imagery
www.andrew-vincent.com (external link)
IG: avimagery
Canon 7D Mk ii & 60D, EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Tamron AF70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF), AlienBee B1600, Misc other gear

sponsored links
Gary ­ McDuffie
Goldmember
3,022 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 13, 2011 23:52 |  #17

Nice shots, I'm envious. You should straighten the last one though. Wouldn't want to tip that thing over.

Gary
"I'm not much of an artist, but I like to document certain things that I see."
----------
5DII, 7D, some L, Manfroto one and three legged devices, shooting & learning bit by bit via POTN

gkarris
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 14, 2011 11:37 |  #18

love 'em!

walter ­ S
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 14, 2011 12:08 |  #19

Gary McDuffie wrote in post #12014938 (external link)
Nice shots, I'm envious. You should straighten the last one though. Wouldn't want to tip that thing over.

Thanks! How did I not notice that :confused:

di0de wrote in post #12014014 (external link)
I'm saddened that I'll never get to take some shots of the shuttles. Nice work.

Thank you!

gkarris wrote in post #12017407 (external link)
love 'em!

Thanks!

Canon 5D III Canon 7D Canon 40D Canon 30D Canon EFS 10-22 Canon 8-15 L Canon 24-105L IS Canon 70-200L F2.8 IS II Canon 500L Canon 1.4x

p27rpy
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 14, 2011 13:48 |  #20

Very cool shots. I'll be sad to see the shuttles go.

PhotosGuy wrote in post #12009173 (external link)
Good images, & that's an excellent use of HDR.

I agree. This is how hdr SHOULD be used.

Theo Civitello - Houston Based Automotive, Wedding & Life Photography (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Blog - Latest uploads and detailed Strobist info! (external link)

GPFocussed
583 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 14, 2011 16:19 as a reply to  @ post 12013661 |  #21

I love the all the shots. The behind the scene shot with the people in it really helps to show the scale of some of the machinery. Photo #2 with the beam of light shining upwards looks like it is lighting the underside of the moon, cool!

The shuttle program will definately be missed by many. Looks like you made good use of your camera on that visit. Again, great shots!

[URL="http://photograp​hy-on-the.net/forum/Gear List"][URL="http://pho​tography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=9541640&postcou​nt=2194"]Gear List

scpictaker
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 14, 2011 20:56 |  #22

I think its stupid to retire these things. Its a proven method that works. If anything, re-design them. Awesome shots as well.

My Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D MKIII l 7D MKII l 24-105L l 16-35 L II l Sigma 50 1.4 ART l 70-200 2.8 L II l 24-70L l EOS M l 2X III l Rok 14mm

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,482 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Mar 15, 2011 01:13 |  #23

Nice shots Walter. Not so sure about the results of the HDR....but that is just personal taste.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

RWK
207 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 15, 2011 15:10 as a reply to  @ Woolburr's post |  #24

Too bad they are being retired. They should be used until they have a proven replacement shuttle. Hopefully they are kept in running condition, if something happens and the Space Station needs a launch. They shouldn't be shipped to museums, until replacements are ready.

Rebel T4i 18-55 IS Kit Lens :cool:
Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

walter ­ S
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Mar 16, 2011 15:47 |  #25

Woolburr wrote in post #12022442 (external link)
Nice shots Walter. Not so sure about the results of the HDR....but that is just personal taste.

Thanks! Yeah, im not a big fan of HDR. But I thought this one looked pretty real, so I was fine with it.

RWK wrote in post #12025831 (external link)
Too bad they are being retired. They should be used until they have a proven replacement shuttle. Hopefully they are kept in running condition, if something happens and the Space Station needs a launch. They shouldn't be shipped to museums, until replacements are ready.

I agree that they should. It wouldn't be as bad seeing them go if we already had a proven replacement, but we don't.

Sadly, they wont be kept in running condition. Once Atlantis launches for the final time in June, the program is finished.

Canon 5D III Canon 7D Canon 40D Canon 30D Canon EFS 10-22 Canon 8-15 L Canon 24-105L IS Canon 70-200L F2.8 IS II Canon 500L Canon 1.4x

sponsored links

3,378 views & 0 likes for this thread
Space Shuttle Endeavour "Final Rollout"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.