Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Mar 2011 (Thursday) 13:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Why is there always Geek Talk at 2am! #0.6x5 (Enter at your own risk!)

this thread is locked
KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,355 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 16, 2011 23:44 |  #5986

krepta wrote in post #12035630 (external link)
Kenji, you Shure have a lot of headphones! ;)

Kekeke, I couldn't help myself. :lol:

Lol, but only one set of Shures...and then theres all the headphones i've bought and returned for being garbage ;) and owned over the years many many pairs of headphones....

Including Bose, Yes, I actually tried a set of the Bose out because everyone was like "OMG BEST HEADPHONES EVER KEKEKEKE" They're not, Not even close, I've heard $30-50 headphones with better range and accuracy than those pieces of trash >.>

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

sponsored links
krepta
I swear I'm Ken Rockwell!
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2011 23:45 |  #5987

monk3y wrote in post #12035595 (external link)
I actually have no problem with people speaking on the phone while driving... as long as people can do multitasking, I do this myself. but I hate it when people text and drive, that's what I don't do... specially with current phones, you surely will not be able to concentrate on the road if you are texting for sure...

I don't mind speaking on the phone. It's when they have to use one hand to hold the phone that is the problem, because it only leaves one hand on the wheel. And it's easy to claim you can multitask, but if you've ever observed a driver with one hand on the wheel and one hand on his phone, you know that multitasking means jack $h!t in that instance.

Btw, the law doesn't prevent people from using their phones for calls. You just have to use a hands-free headset or bluetooth headset (or integrated bluetooth in the car), or speakerphone, etc.

Alex | flickr (external link) | Gear & Feedback | Food! (external link)

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:45 |  #5988

vipergts831 wrote in post #12035620 (external link)
Really? Thats pretty cool steven! I love my mahogany desk. It just stands there with an imposing look. :D

hehe Mahogany is one of the Wood specie that is not endangered and therefore not heavily regulated as well, coz it was widely planted here back in the day...

yeah when painted good, Mahogany sure looks lnice

krepta wrote in post #12035630 (external link)
Kenji, you Shure have a lot of headphones! ;)

Kekeke, I couldn't help myself. :lol:

haha I Shure have heard of Shure... they are pretty expensive as well. but their mics are pretty good.

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

vipergts831
THREAD ­ STARTER
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Mar 16, 2011 23:46 |  #5989

PaperPanda wrote in post #12035528 (external link)
Ya, saw this about 30 mins ago. Asylum was my game of the year, I hope City will top it.

Red Dead Redemption was easily my game of the year. Not a knock on batman but red dead was awesome!

If you havent given this a ride then go get it!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE: http://www.co-optimus.com/images/upload/image/events/paxeast/red-dead-dragging.jpg

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

krepta
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2011 23:47 |  #5990

KenjiS wrote in post #12035643 (external link)
Lol, but only one set of Shures...and then theres all the headphones i've bought and returned for being garbage ;) and owned over the years many many pairs of headphones....

Including Bose, Yes, I actually tried a set of the Bose out because everyone was like "OMG BEST HEADPHONES EVER KEKEKEKE" They're not, Not even close, I've heard $30-50 headphones with better range and accuracy than those pieces of trash >.>

Bose talks big, doesn't always deliver big.

I prefer Sennheiser for headphones. Not top of the line, but they're in the middle pack and very reliable, good quality.

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:48 |  #5991

krepta wrote in post #12035645 (external link)
I don't mind speaking on the phone. It's when they have to use one hand to hold the phone that is the problem, because it only leaves one hand on the wheel. And it's easy to claim you can multitask, but if you've ever observed a driver with one hand on the wheel and one hand on his phone, you know that multitasking means jack $h!t in that instance.

Btw, the law doesn't prevent people from using their phones for calls. You just have to use a hands-free headset or bluetooth headset (or integrated bluetooth in the car), or speakerphone, etc.

hahaha... I do hold my phone sometimes, and I drive a stick shift :o:o

Btw, even without the phone, I always drive with my left hand on the wheel and my right hand resting on the stickshift, so I just don't shift often if I am talking on the phone.

oh yeah I know its dangerous hehe...if you have driven in the Philippines, dangerous is an understatement :lol::lol:

vipergts831
THREAD ­ STARTER
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:48 |  #5992

KenjiS wrote in post #12035624 (external link)
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD238s

which i had to remove the image of cuase it was huge

Sennheiser HD280s (like shown above)

Klipsch Image Ones

QUOTED IMAGE

a Razer Carcharias, Razer Megalodons(Which are already linked)

and a pair of Shure SE115m+ in-ears....

QUOTED IMAGE

Different headphones for different occasions thats all..

the 280s are for home listening (Well they were, They're good phones but they're very "neutral" in tone, since they're meant to be mixer phones...they lack "punch" to me)

the 238s are my old iphone headphones of choice, Good phones, good range and everything, Only reason im not still using them is the lack of controls on the cable and the cable is too flimsy and short for listening to stuff in my room off my amp or anything...

The SE115m+ are compact and pocketable and can go everywhere..but they're in ears which i dont tolerate so well..they've been in my drawer since i got..

My Klipsch Image Ones are basically the best sounding headphones i have, the only downside is i cant really use them with my PC or the SC-27 due to the iphone specific end, also the cable is short and not very sturdy for room listening purposes....

The next set of phones i really want are a pair for my SC-27 room listening and that...im thinking some good Grados or maybe a set of Sennheiser HD555s

In all the research i did the 280s were the best for Jazz music which is very close to the classics my father listens to. Huge music buff. When he put them on he loved them!

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

krepta
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2011 23:48 |  #5993

vipergts831 wrote in post #12035653 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Omar, is that you dragging Steven behind? :shock:

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,355 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 16, 2011 23:49 |  #5994

krepta wrote in post #12035660 (external link)
Bose talks big, doesn't always deliver big.

I prefer Sennheiser for headphones. Not top of the line, but they're in the middle pack and very reliable, good quality.

Indeed, Bose is 95% price, 5% quality...I've never heard anything from them that delivers anything near what they claim and you can often do the same for less or better for the same...

Speakers, I'm a die-hard Klipsch guy, I CRIED when Audiovox bought them out...I still want to cry actually :( But I also like Polk Audio and Definitive Technologies...

Headphones, most of my headphones have been Sennheisers, I've wanted a pair of HD555s for years and just still havnt gotten them ^^;;

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

vipergts831
THREAD ­ STARTER
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:49 |  #5995

monk3y wrote in post #12035637 (external link)
exactly... I just don't understand how people can just send their money without even verifying the person they are sending it to. no wonder a lot of people get scammed in the US. :lol:

I dunno but here in the Philippines I doubt that happens a lot, people here know all too well about scammers... I never even buy anything from anybody without me meeting them in person except when I buy in a real store faraway from me then I would wire transfer money to their account just like how I bought my computer parts.

Totally right Steven. If you dont do your due diligence on the seller then dont expect pity when something like this happens. :rolleyes:

krepta
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2011 23:49 |  #5996

monk3y wrote in post #12035665 (external link)
hahaha... I do hold my phone sometimes, and I drive a stick shift :o:o

Btw, even without the phone, I always drive with my left hand on the wheel and my right hand resting on the stickshift, so I just don't shift often if I am talking on the phone.

oh yeah I know its dangerous hehe...if you have driven in the Philippines, dangerous is an understatement :lol::lol:

Yeah, but when you're driving stick, even though one hand is on the wheel, you're obviously paying attention to driving and shifting gears. So it's not like one hand on the phone.

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:50 |  #5997

krepta wrote in post #12035668 (external link)

:lol::lol::lol:

krepta
8,482 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 16, 2011 23:51 |  #5998

KenjiS wrote in post #12035675 (external link)
Indeed, Bose is 95% price, 5% quality...I've never heard anything from them that delivers anything near what they claim and you can often do the same for less or better for the same...

Speakers, I'm a die-hard Klipsch guy, I CRIED when Audiovox bought them out...I still want to cry actually :( But I also like Polk Audio and Definitive Technologies...

Headphones, most of my headphones have been Sennheisers, I've wanted a pair of HD555s for years and just still havnt gotten them ^^;;

Klipsch was the top back in the day for speakers. I'm not sure where they rank now.

Did you know Bose came out with a TV? I saw an ad in my Newsweek magazine. Just like everything else they produce, it's probably going to be overpriced and not much better quality than the rest.

vipergts831
THREAD ­ STARTER
43,923 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 16, 2011 23:51 |  #5999

krepta wrote in post #12035668 (external link)

If steven ever got red dead then it would be ;)

Now thats a game im extremely good in. I would be the equivalent of julian (CS Source) in red dead :D

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 16, 2011 23:51 |  #6000

KenjiS wrote in post #12035624 (external link)
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD238s

which i had to remove the image of cuase it was huge

Sennheiser HD280s (like shown above)

Klipsch Image Ones

QUOTED IMAGE

a Razer Carcharias, Razer Megalodons(Which are already linked)

and a pair of Shure SE115m+ in-ears....

QUOTED IMAGE

Different headphones for different occasions thats all..

the 280s are for home listening (Well they were, They're good phones but they're very "neutral" in tone, since they're meant to be mixer phones...they lack "punch" to me)

the 238s are my old iphone headphones of choice, Good phones, good range and everything, Only reason im not still using them is the lack of controls on the cable and the cable is too flimsy and short for listening to stuff in my room off my amp or anything...

The SE115m+ are compact and pocketable and can go everywhere..but they're in ears which i dont tolerate so well..they've been in my drawer since i got..

My Klipsch Image Ones are basically the best sounding headphones i have, the only downside is i cant really use them with my PC or the SC-27 due to the iphone specific end, also the cable is short and not very sturdy for room listening purposes....

The next set of phones i really want are a pair for my SC-27 room listening and that...im thinking some good Grados or maybe a set of Sennheiser HD555s

^^Nice I have the 125s. :cool:

sponsored links

303,731 views & 0 likes for this thread
Why is there always Geek Talk at 2am! #0.6x5 (Enter at your own risk!)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.