Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 08 Jan 2010 (Friday) 22:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Einstein - Pre Orders !!!

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 17, 2011 11:21 |  #721

Oh wow, I ordered my Einstein only 10 days ago and they said it will be getting shipped tomorrow. They said they've been getting about 50 Einsteins a day produced and have been catching up on backorders. Stoked!

-Jerel
Instagram (external link)
Fuerte Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

sponsored links
PLLphotography
with the TF
5,206 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 17, 2011 11:23 |  #722

I ordered mine end of February and they said it would be late March before it might ship. Haven't gotten an email stating otherwise :-(

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 17, 2011 11:38 |  #723

Well I did ship back a busted AB1600 and decided to just return it and order an Einstein. I asked the CS person if this was why it was getting shipped to me earlier than expected and she said that they were just catching up on backorders now. Might wanna give them a ring and check on your order.

-Jerel
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 17, 2011 11:52 |  #724

jffuerte wrote in post #12038001 (external link)
Well I did ship back a busted AB1600 and decided to just return it and order an Einstein. I asked the CS person if this was why it was getting shipped to me earlier than expected and she said that they were just catching up on backorders now. Might wanna give them a ring and check on your order.

also in keeping with this. Sometimes it takes about a day for them to finally send out the email concerning the tracking of the package. mine shipped early in the morning but I didn't the email until the next morning that it shipped. So by the time you get the email it's shipped it might be halfway to you, lol.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 17, 2011 12:03 |  #725

How long ago did you order Bone? Just curious to see if they are really at about a 2 week turnaround time or if my returned AB1600 had anything to do with it.

-Jerel
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 18, 2011 15:59 |  #726

Got a friend that ordered around the same time as myself so it looks like theyre currently at about a 10 day turnaround time. Much better than the typical response of 4-6 weeks!

-Jerel
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,206 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 18, 2011 20:30 |  #727

I called them up and asked about when mine might ship. they still said 1 to 2 weeks. later that evening I got an email saying it's shipped lol. supposed to be here Monday.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 18, 2011 21:50 |  #728

PWard wrote in post #12047094 (external link)
I called them up and asked about when mine might ship. they still said 1 to 2 weeks. later that evening I got an email saying it's shipped lol. supposed to be here Monday.

lollers, yeah they must have been getting some big orders in. I got my modifiers today but some how my order got jacked and I ended up with the 30x60 giant soft box, I wanted the 47" Octa... So I don't know what's up with that but now I have to send this massive ass box back and who knows how much it's going to cost to ship this beast! What a PITA!

Hell, I've ordered so much stuff from them it's ridiculous.... I've already got like a grand just to them... lmao.

BTW, yeah, the 30x60 is friken huge!!! I mean yeah it's 30" x 60" but you just don't realize how much damn modifier that thing really is until you see the box it comes in and it folder out.... DAMN! Way too big for my needs...

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

DavePA
28 posts
Joined May 2010

Mar 19, 2011 08:38 |  #729

Ordered mine on February 28th and will arrive March 21st

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 19, 2011 16:20 |  #730

I ordered two Einsteins about March 8th and they will arrive Tuesday the 22nd.
I got the shipping notice Friday.

Now its time to sell the last two AB800s and Cyber Syncs.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

ears
552 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 20, 2011 01:33 |  #731

Just ordered 2 Einsteins and a boatload of accessories. It's time to move up from speed lights to the big boys. Hope they ship soon, I am ready to start creating!

5d MkIII / 6D SOLD:cry:/ 50mm 1.2L II / 24-70 2.8L Mark II Sold:cry: / Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS Mark II SOLD!:(

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,206 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 20, 2011 09:06 |  #732

ears wrote in post #12054177 (external link)
Just ordered 2 Einsteins and a boatload of accessories. It's time to move up from speed lights to the big boys. Hope they ship soon, I am ready to start creating!

probably 3 weeks wait or so...

I was with a few people here who ordered at the end of February, and we all got emails that we should get our units Monday.

tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information
3,775 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 20, 2011 10:35 |  #733

BoneJj wrote in post #12047550 (external link)
...some how my order got jacked and I ended up with the 30x60 giant soft box, I wanted the 47" Octa... but now I have to send this massive ass box back and who knows how much it's going to cost to ship this beast! What a PITA!

I'm not sure how to interpret the word "jacked" but, if it was PCB that made the error and sent the wrong modifier, they will email you a UPS return label, prepaid.

Dave F.

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,206 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 21, 2011 12:47 |  #734

my Einstein showed up at work this afternoon....so naturally I took it home with me during my lunch hour and played around with it....there's good and bad points to living 3 miles from work :lol:

this is my first strobe as I'm used to speedlites.

the menu is pretty straightforward...neve​r bothered to read the enclosed directions, but managed to set everything up pretty quickly.

that modeling lamp gets HOT.

now to figure out what modifier I want to get....with my speedlites, I have a 60" umbrella, and some 40" umbrella softboxes.

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 21, 2011 15:17 |  #735

PWard wrote in post #12062968 (external link)
my Einstein showed up at work this afternoon....so naturally I took it home with me during my lunch hour and played around with it....there's good and bad points to living 3 miles from work :lol:

this is my first strobe as I'm used to speedlites.

the menu is pretty straightforward...neve​r bothered to read the enclosed directions, but managed to set everything up pretty quickly.

that modeling lamp gets HOT.

now to figure out what modifier I want to get....with my speedlites, I have a 60" umbrella, and some 40" umbrella softboxes.

I would say just work with what you have right now, you have once you figure out what you don't like about them then get advice on what would help you to not have those issues and go from there.

sponsored links

71,518 views & 0 likes for this thread
Einstein - Pre Orders !!!
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.