Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Mar 2011 (Friday) 11:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DO NOT SHOP AT FEISOL.NET

Gurkkk
284 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 18, 2011 11:20 |  #1

I'll make this clear before I get into the whole story: Feisols are AMAZING tripods. My complaint is about feisol.net, which is just another US dealer. When I first took my business to them, I thought they were some kind of official US "hub" for Feisol but then I found out they're just another Feisol dealer. They just have the name Feisol so it sounds like they distribute Feisols to other dealers in US. My mistake.

Some of you might have seen my previous posts about this. I apologize if I misdirected anyone in the previous thread. I gave them a shining review but I was too quick to judge. I'll summarize.

I bought a tripod from them. One with the RAL (anti rotational legs) system for extra money (not a little extra either. it was a good chunk of change.)

The tripod arrived. One of the legs had a green dot sticker on it. I got suspicious. Sure enough, this leg was rotating, unlike the others. The dot sticker thing was obviously a mark to remind the seller. Guess what. They shipped it in that condition anyway...

I emailed them about this. They called me and they admitted about the green sticker. It was indeed a mark to indicate that leg was not functioning properly. They said it wasn't meant to ship but someone did anyway. They offered me free return and exchange the tripod. I was impressed. But I was too quick to judge.

Second one came in. This time it had 2 rotating legs and one non-rotating. I was furious. Feisol.net obviously doesn't check their stock or they keep shipping returned tripods. This time I emailed them and wanted my full refund. I didn't want an exchange...

They told me I'll have to eat shipping costs if I wanted to return and not exchange. A few back an forth emails and nothing changed. They are making me pay for return shipping for a fault on their part. I said f*ck it. I'm done with this and returned the tripod...

They got the tripod back on Tuesday. No refund till today. I just got the refund on Paypal. Guess what? They made me eat the Paypal fees too. As of now I'm $40 out just cause I bought a tripod from Feisol.net. I'm not one to count pennies but when I'm out of 40 dollars when I have no fault at all, I get pissed.

I really hope everyone who are thinking about a Feisol tripod reads this email. Please don't take this the wrong way. Feisols are AMAZING tripods. Just avoid FEISOL.NET. They are just another dealer and they obviously have no clue about quality check and business ethics.

My business goes to Reallybigcameras from now on.

sponsored links
Vladimer
634 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 18, 2011 11:38 |  #2

Sounds like a few folks have had issues with this dealer from whats been posted lately around here.

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 18, 2011 11:55 |  #3

Wow I have had nothing but great luck with them must have new management but thanks for the warning

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 18, 2011 15:31 as a reply to  @ Tanglefoot47's post |  #4

If an option - approach your credit card company to have them collect on the outstanding fees. I have had issue with Paypal refunds a few times and CC company has covered it 100% (though a little paperwork required).

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 18, 2011 15:49 |  #5

glad to see I got mine from Kerry at reallybigcameras now, I thought these guys were Feisol direct but obviously not and for sure I wont ever buy a thing from them

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

fibrepunk
461 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 18, 2011 15:59 |  #6

When paypal issues a refund, don't think they take any fee.... So they ate your $40 to cover their shipping cost?

My Gears l HeatWare (external link)
- For Sale: Broken cameras for CLP

Gurkkk
THREAD ­ STARTER
284 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 18, 2011 16:00 |  #7

tekkie wrote in post #12045589 (external link)
glad to see I got mine from Kerry at reallybigcameras now, I thought these guys were Feisol direct but obviously not and for sure I wont ever buy a thing from them

Exactly why I shopped there. I thought they were Feisol direct. I was fooled by the feisol.net url i guess.

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 18, 2011 16:03 |  #8

Gurkkk wrote in post #12045652 (external link)
Exactly why I shopped there. I thought they were Feisol direct. I was fooled by the feisol.net url i guess.

yeah it sucks but at least your only out 40 bucks and not the cost of the tripod, the aggregation is more of a problem than the 40 bucks i am sure !

thanks for warning us though

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

Gurkkk
THREAD ­ STARTER
284 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 18, 2011 16:09 |  #9

Not a problem. And yes, aggregation more of a problem than 40 bucks. I mean I loved the tripod otherwise. Perfect height, stability, weight, folded size.. Too bad I didn't get to use it much.

Oh well I'll probably end up getting another one from Kerry soon.

Larry20d
287 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 18, 2011 22:01 as a reply to  @ Gurkkk's post |  #10

Bought mine from reallybigcameras. Was very pleased with the service and communication.

5D Mark III, Canon 80D,16-35L, 24-105L, 70-300L IS, 100-400L IS, Nifty 50 1.4, Canon 135L, Canon 85 1.8, Canon EFS 18-135, Canon 55-250, Sigma 150 Macro, EFS-18-135, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Extension Tubes, Canon G10

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 18, 2011 22:39 |  #11

fibrepunk wrote in post #12045650 (external link)
When paypal issues a refund, don't think they take any fee.... So they ate your $40 to cover their shipping cost?

Paypal automatically took the fee when the seller accepted the payment. When the seller clicked to refund the amount, it just sent back the balance he had. It's not like a seller gets to choose when to pay Paypal the fees.

Edit: They probably did take back all their shipping fees

gordon
Gear and Feedback

Gurkkk
THREAD ­ STARTER
284 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 18, 2011 22:49 |  #12

Nope. Their explanation was, since the very initial (first broken tripod purchase) was 60 days ago, paypal took the refund option away. They just hit $500 and send so paypal took the fee out of me. I would've gladly eaten both shipping and paypal fees if I was at fault or simply was unhappy with the product. But this wasn't the case as you know.

sponsored links

12,982 views & 0 likes for this thread
DO NOT SHOP AT FEISOL.NET
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.