Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Feb 2008 (Friday) 16:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite!

this thread is locked
midget
511 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 21, 2011 13:19 |  #8956

can anyone help me with a problem? I'm not sure if this is regular behavior, but my 1d2n only get about 27 jpegs in L before the camera hits the buffer wall. As per canon, it should really be able to hit 48. any reason for this disparity? this is the second 1d2n from KEH that i've gone through with this issue. advice?

40d + 50mm f1.8 MK I + my feet.

sponsored links
baowow
303 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 21, 2011 13:34 |  #8957

midget wrote in post #12063154 (external link)
can anyone help me with a problem? I'm not sure if this is regular behavior, but my 1d2n only get about 27 jpegs in L before the camera hits the buffer wall. As per canon, it should really be able to hit 48. any reason for this disparity? this is the second 1d2n from KEH that i've gone through with this issue. advice?

Check if your in camera noise reduction is on. If it is, it can limit your buffer a bit. Your CF card may also not be writing fast enough.

I need to stay out of the buy/sell forum. It's burning a hole in the wallet...

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 21, 2011 13:53 |  #8958

Go into your menu under the shooting menu. Look at your jpeg settings. The higher the quality you have set, the fewer number available in burst. Dial it to different quality settings, then look thru the viewfinder and see what the difference available to you in burst is.
Page 46 of your manual.
There is nothing wrong with your camera regarding this.

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

NorCalNomad
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Mar 21, 2011 14:26 |  #8959

george m w wrote in post #12061288 (external link)
No, you just register the equipment by using the serial numbers.

sweeeettt

...screw listing gear,it just sets up preconceived notions...but if you must link (external link)

NorCalNomad.com (external link)
Industrial Design Portfolio (external link)
$15 Targus Monopod Review

midget
511 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 21, 2011 21:09 |  #8960

also, is there any way for me to change ISOs in full stops, 100,200,400,800,1600,h​?

40d + 50mm f1.8 MK I + my feet.

Brennan.M
Goldmember
2,599 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2011 15:18 |  #8961

Is this camera right for me? I don't print anything really big, I need a backup body, I would like something with weather sealing so I can take it out in the elements more than my 5Dc, I do shoot low light some but most of the time I am going for the grainy look anyways, need something with better AF occasionally, something I can use at weddings and stuff. I don't have the cash right now but I am saving for one and can hopefully have one within the next 2 months or so. I am looking at a BGN MKIIN from KEH since it will be exposed to the elements anyways and I really could care less how it looks, just as long as it performs well. You can check out my Flickr link in my sig to see some examples of my style and the kind of stuff I do.

www.qualityimagesupply​.com (external link)
Leica M3 | Mamiya 7 | Fuji X-Pro1

rcfury
916 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 22, 2011 16:13 |  #8962

Has anyone had any issues with either the extreme 1V's or the extreme pro compact flash cards with this camera. Do they work with the camera? The extreme 3's CF cards are getting harder and harder to find as SD cards seem to dominate the market.

~Nathan
Gear: Canon 1Dm2, 10D, Canon 17-40L, 70-200 2.8L EF-50 1.4, and the Canon 550EX flash
-----
♦ Check out my FLICKR  (external link) (external link)

amyandmark3
Goldmember
1,796 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 22, 2011 16:14 |  #8963

Brennan, I've seen lots of your postings over the past couple of years plus checked out your flickr. Your style seems more suited to a full frame camera, but I'm sure you'd make a 1D2(n) sing pretty well. If looking for the weather sealing, I'm guessing you're only considering the 1D series, so this is a great choice for the price range. To get a better body (in my opinion), you'd need to drop an extra $1k on a 1D3 or 1Ds2. So, in summary, yes this would be a good compliment to your 5Dc, especially with your skill.

Mark

Brennan.M
Goldmember
2,599 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2011 16:18 |  #8964

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have $2k to drop on a body (or anything else for that matter lmfao) right now so a 1D3 or 1Ds2 is out of the question. They would have to drop another $500 or so for me to even consider it. I need a reliable backup because the plan this year is to second shoot a few weddings and get my feet wet with that and I need to send my 5D off for the shutter fix and I can't go without a camera. I think a 1D2N would be nice to start with and maybe I can move on to something else later. I also find myself ducking for cover when it starts to even drizzle outside for fear my 5D will get water in it. I am an outdoor shooter, I need weather sealing haha.

amyandmark3
Goldmember
1,796 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 22, 2011 16:23 |  #8965

Ya, my opinion is that this is a great camera. The main shortcomings are age related, similar to the 5D, so really not "problems" so much as not the latest and greatest. You will do well with a 1D2n. Hopefully others will chime in, but I'm sure the support for this camera will be pretty universal in this thread, haha! :)

Mark

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Mar 22, 2011 16:27 |  #8966

also, is there any way for me to change ISOs in full stops, 100,200,400,800,1600,h​?

Midget, ....no....not that I know of.

I would like something with weather sealing so I can take it out in the elements more than my 5Dc, I do shoot low light some but most of the time I am going for the grainy look anyways, need something with better AF occasionally, something I can use at weddings and stuff.

Brennan,
Consider a 1DS. It has what some folks say is a grainy look at higher ISO, like 400 and above. I call it a "film-like" quality. Personally, I love it. They are generally under $1K now.

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

Brennan.M
Goldmember
2,599 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 22, 2011 16:27 |  #8967

Yeah, I can deal with age haha. Most of my stuff is old anyways. I can always upgrade when I get more money. First after the 1D2N would be to upgrade my 5D after I get more business so I have plenty of time.

jsdad
37 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Mar 22, 2011 18:40 |  #8968

Brennan.M wrote in post #12071015 (external link)
Is this camera right for me? I don't print anything really big, I need a backup body, I would like something with weather sealing so I can take it out in the elements more than my 5Dc, I do shoot low light some but most of the time I am going for the grainy look anyways, need something with better AF occasionally, something I can use at weddings and stuff. I don't have the cash right now but I am saving for one and can hopefully have one within the next 2 months or so. I am looking at a BGN MKIIN from KEH since it will be exposed to the elements anyways and I really could care less how it looks, just as long as it performs well. You can check out my Flickr link in my sig to see some examples of my style and the kind of stuff I do.

Your web site looks very nice. I think the MKII will compliment your 5D very well. You will have all the bases covered with these two bodies. What the 5D lacks with slower AF and weather seals, the MKII makes up for in spades. Great body for weddings, with good file sizes for most printing needs (just can't crop as much as the 5D) and rated ISO's are similar looking. I also use the 1Ds, and as mentioned, it's got a lovely "edgy/toothy" sharp look to the files, that no other camera has, but it's slower, and has the smaller LCD screen, which is not a problem for me as the way I use it. The MKIIn uses the same screen as the 5D so you know what to expect. With the faster speed of the MKIIn, I'd stick to that for weddings along with your 5D. Only draw back is different batteries and menu sets with the two systems. That drove me crazy, so I stuck with the one series all the way.

Brennan.M
Goldmember
2,599 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 23, 2011 01:49 |  #8969

I wouldn't mind going 1D series all the way hahahaha. My bank account would though lol. I hardly crop anyways so I am not too worried about file size.

surfervato
103 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 23, 2011 02:27 |  #8970

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5296/5552000235_d38979f3df_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/56750840@N03/5​552000235/  (external link)

- - - - - - - -
www.watchyostep.com (external link)
- - - - - - - -

sponsored links

1,354,830 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.