Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 21 Mar 2011 (Monday) 23:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Dance Rehearsal teaser ::Drama & Dark Elegance

Nino ­ Gallego
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 21, 2011 23:24 |  #1

Working with Moore Catholic High School during their rehearsal saturday afternoon. I created a short teaser for their show the following day. Something that would inspire people and the dancers for their hard work. enjoy and watch the show.

http://ninogallego.blo​gspot.com …cedancemoorecat​holic.html (external link)

-website (external link)-/-

sponsored links
gibsonla
Goldmember
1,009 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Mar 22, 2011 00:48 |  #2

Felt pretty epic considering what it was hahaha

What were you using for the movement shots? Glidecam?

Michael L. Solomon
DP/AC/Colorist
www.SolomonM.com (external link)

Nino ­ Gallego
THREAD ­ STARTER
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 22, 2011 19:39 |  #3

gibsonla wrote in post #12067437 (external link)
Felt pretty epic considering what it was hahaha

What were you using for the movement shots? Glidecam?

Yes a Glidecam, Thank you..

Photo99
539 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 22, 2011 22:10 |  #4

All I can say is wow...great job. Where did you find the music?

Photo99

Nino ­ Gallego
THREAD ­ STARTER
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 22, 2011 22:12 |  #5

Photo99 wrote in post #12073674 (external link)
All I can say is wow...great job. Where did you find the music?

Photo99

Thanks Photo99.. Audio was from the dance show itself.

Autonomous
720 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 25, 2011 17:10 as a reply to  @ Nino Gallego's post |  #6

well somehow i find it a little bit too long? because i feel like i'm being shown repeated scenes but it's nice overall. just my 2cents

18-55IS, 28-105USM, 50 f/1.8, 60 f/2.8,
finally 70-200L f/4!!:cool:
never thought in a million i'd get me a 7D.bw!

Nino ­ Gallego
THREAD ­ STARTER
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 25, 2011 19:44 |  #7

Autonomous wrote in post #12092782 (external link)
well somehow i find it a little bit too long? because i feel like i'm being shown repeated scenes but it's nice overall. just my 2cents

Really? That's a new one. Can you tell me how you would cut it? I am interested, also which scenes are repetitive?

MiLew67
63 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 25, 2011 22:20 |  #8

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, Dorothy...I mean Nino. As a former dancer, it's a magnificent work of art and flows beautifully with the music. And you just inspired me to do something similar for my daughter's dance studio. I've limited myself to just photographing their dance competitions and recitals, but with 3 DSLRs that can shoot video.... Guess I gotta go more into debt by investing in some rigs now. Did you use Vegas?

Mike L. 7D gripped, 60D gripped, T2i gripped, 24-70mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 (non-VC), Sigma 30mm 1.4, 580 EX II, 430EX II, Pro Runner 450 AW. And a partridge in a pear tree.

MiLew67
63 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 25, 2011 22:33 |  #9

My favorite parts are at 1:18 when the scarves begin to drop, and at 1:34-1:35 when the blonde dancer in darkness transitions into the brunette in light; the latter's movements you nailed with the music. Sweet!

Mike L. 7D gripped, 60D gripped, T2i gripped, 24-70mm 2.8L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 (non-VC), Sigma 30mm 1.4, 580 EX II, 430EX II, Pro Runner 450 AW. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Nino ­ Gallego
THREAD ­ STARTER
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 27, 2011 19:08 |  #10

MiLew67 wrote in post #12094301 (external link)
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, Dorothy...I mean Nino. As a former dancer, it's a magnificent work of art and flows beautifully with the music. And you just inspired me to do something similar for my daughter's dance studio. I've limited myself to just photographing their dance competitions and recitals, but with 3 DSLRs that can shoot video.... Guess I gotta go more into debt by investing in some rigs now. Did you use Vegas?

MiLew67 wrote in post #12094368 (external link)
My favorite parts are at 1:18 when the scarves begin to drop, and at 1:34-1:35 when the blonde dancer in darkness transitions into the brunette in light; the latter's movements you nailed with the music. Sweet!

Milew: Thank you for the flattering compliment. This is my first time filming a contemporary dance show. Sometimes its not about the gears, just a good vision/imagination of how you wanted to present the film is more than enough to start. You have every gear you need to put a good film. It was just a great opportunity that the group requested to put my skills into good use.

Your Fave parts are mines as well. Thank you again.

kiapolo
868 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 29, 2011 21:41 |  #11

Wow...very nice...

| kiapolo.com (external link) (blog) | Gear List | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) | 2012 Project 366 (external link) |

Nino ­ Gallego
THREAD ­ STARTER
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 30, 2011 17:58 |  #12

kiapolo wrote in post #12121058 (external link)
Wow...very nice...

Thank you..

sponsored links

2,143 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dance Rehearsal teaser ::Drama & Dark Elegance
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.