Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 20:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Rebel T3!

slickooz
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 22, 2011 20:53 |  #1

Why isn't much info here about the T3? I was looking into getting a Dslr but can't find much on it. I went to Bestbuy today and they told me that the T3 is the upgraded version of the XS and now it has HD movie at 720p.

I'm trying to get a Dslr for my detailing business and for family events. I found it new on ebay for 540.

I also found a used XS asking for 400 on craiglist but said price was negotiable.

So having a hard time picking a camera.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Facebook: Gary Feng Photography (external link)

sponsored links
doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 22, 2011 21:37 |  #2

I played with a T3 at Wal-Mart tonight and loved it. It is a very nice camera and don't think you can go wrong with it. I believe it was 599. or 699. I noticed Wal-Mart online has the XS and kit lens plus 55-250, extra battery, card and camera bag for 699.

rkho
86 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 22, 2011 21:52 |  #3

I'm guessing you'll be new to DSLR photography so I suppose the right questions to ask are: What is your budget? Also, what features are must-haves for your future camera purchase?

MrLA
727 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 22, 2011 22:19 |  #4

i was fiddling around with T3i at Fry's yesterday. Not bad but glad i got a 50D several weeks ago. T3i has less peronalized options than 50D in its menu; and after handling and shooting with 50D body several times i rather prefer it than any of the Rebels. T3i is a good camera, should be better than an XSi that i last had.

Body: Canon 5Dc, (Coming soon <<<6Dc, maybe I shall wait for 6Diic with TouchScreen!).
Other Favorite Camera:
Flash: YN560
Lenses: change all the time!

ranger50
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Mar 22, 2011 22:22 as a reply to  @ MrLA's post |  #5

There is a T3i sticky thread. Probably has some info there.:)

EOS 60D/ 70-200L/ Sunpak PF30X/ Sunpak 6600PG platinum Plus ball head Tripod 59.95 / Pelican S.S. Large Military Camera case
It's better to have it and not need it, Than to need it, and not have it.;)

projectmayhem713
584 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Mar 22, 2011 22:28 |  #6

MrLA wrote in post #12073729 (external link)
i was fiddling around with T3i at Fry's yesterday. Not bad but glad i got a 50D several weeks ago. T3i has less peronalized options than 50D in its menu; and after handling and shooting with 50D body several times i rather prefer it than any of the Rebels. T3i is a good camera, should be better than an XSi that i last had.

ranger50 wrote in post #12073750 (external link)
There is a T3i sticky thread. Probably has some info there.:)

i think the OP was asking about t3. different than t3i (external link). just wanted to clarify before we give misinformation.

5D2 - 24-70 f2.8L - 50 1.4 - S100
My Blogsite (external link)

slickooz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 22, 2011 22:58 |  #7

Thanks everyone for feedback.

After reading I think I might be checking out the T1i. My friend said its a good starter camera. My budget is around 400-600 if new. But if I can find a used one I rather get it.

I'm going be using it mostly for taking picture of cars after I'm done detailing them.

Going have a website soon and wanted to have some nice pictures to show people my work. I also like that it has 1080p video.

I'm just afraid that the camera came out 2 years ago and worried that it is outdated? I'm very new to this hobby and I have always been using point and shoot. But now I want to step it up and take better pics.

Going be reading a lot and checking what will work best for me. Any other recommendation?

Stanjk3
484 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2010

Mar 22, 2011 23:09 as a reply to  @ slickooz's post |  #8

The T1i does 1080p video at only 20fps, the T2i does 1080p at 24/25 or 30fps. The feature that sold me, being my first SLR, was that the T2i can do live view in all modes, but the T1i only does it in manual modes.

http://www.cameralabs.​com …D_Rebel_T2i/ver​dict.shtml (external link)

Here's a comparison of the T3 (12MP) vs T3i (18MP)
http://snapsort.com/co​mpare/Canon-T3-vs-Canon-T3i (external link)

My Flickr page (external link) 5D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm f4 L, 580 EXII;
Powershot S95 | Rebel T2i(550D), 18-55mm IS, 55-250mm IS, Canon 50mm f1.4, Sigma 17-50 f2.8, Metz 50 AF-1

nikesupremedunk
Goldmember
1,131 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 22, 2011 23:51 |  #9

i would buy the t2i over the t3 or even the t3i.

| Andrew | 5D Mark II | EOS-M | Canon 17-40mm f 4 L | Canon 35mm f 1.4 L | Canon 100mm f 2.8 L Macro | Canon 70-200mm f 4 L IS | Canon EF-M 22mm f 2.0 | Speedlite 430EX II|

watt100
Cream of the Crop
14,021 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 23, 2011 06:29 |  #10

slickooz wrote in post #12073140 (external link)
Why isn't much info here about the T3? I was looking into getting a Dslr but can't find much on it. I went to Bestbuy today and they told me that the T3 is the upgraded version of the XS and now it has HD movie at 720p.

I'm trying to get a Dslr for my detailing business and for family events. I found it new on ebay for 540.

I also found a used XS asking for 400 on craiglist but said price was negotiable.

Take a pass on that older discontinued XS, especially at $500!
Look at a refurbished 500D or 550D, e.g.
http://www.adorama.com​/ICADRT1IKR.html (external link)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 23, 2011 17:06 |  #11

For what you want to shoot (cars after detailing), the XS would be more than sufficient. The T1i is still a great camera and probably a better choice because you will want to branch into shooting other things as well, and the prices on T1i's are really good.

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

slickooz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 23, 2011 17:30 |  #12

I been reading and now have my eyes on T2i. Found the canon loyalty program and it around 540 shipped. Going read a little more to decide what to get.

Thanks guys!

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 23, 2011 17:33 |  #13

GET IT Slickooz! You will not be sorry!

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 25, 2011 16:42 |  #14

I went back to Wal-Mart today to buy a T3 and they didn't have one. They have a demo and they don't know when they will get them in for stock. I am kinda bummed.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Mar 25, 2011 16:54 |  #15

slickooz wrote in post #12073140 (external link)

If you would actually consider a used XS at $400, you really need to do more research. Heck, I've picked up used XSi's here in the $250-$275 range--and they're worth more than an XS.

My Gearlist

sponsored links

5,898 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Rebel T3!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.