Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 26 Mar 2010 (Friday) 17:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= T2i / 550D users UNITE! (2) =-

this thread is locked
londonandlawson
511 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 29, 2011 14:06 |  #1681
bannedPermanent ban

One is 4 and the other 2

My 550 EX Speedlite is for sale, pm me!
My heatware
http://heatware.com/ev​al.php?id=21421 (external link)
http://myworld.ebay.co​m/mclldavidson (external link)

sponsored links
eaglssong
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 14:30 |  #1682

jccj58 wrote in post #12117818 (external link)
Yeah there really cool. The place is called Round Island. It's either a county or state park. It's free also which is really cool. Lots of paths to wander and shoot. I saw this guy on the way out, and had to get a shot of him. It's been a good day...even @ 1600 ;)

John

John, is this it?

Round Island Riverside Park
2201 Highway A1A
Vero Beach FL.
(772) 492-2412

I wonder how long it would take to get up there from here. Might have to think overnighter.

:) Anne

slickooz
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Mar 29, 2011 14:32 as a reply to  @ post 12117244 |  #1683

AnnieBananie wrote in post #12117183 (external link)
I always have the dickens of a time trying to shoot one of these little guys. They just won't hold still. LOL

Today, I just got lucky I guess.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by eaglssong in
./showthread.php?p=121​17183&i=i8233807
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

WOW AMAZING shot!!!!!!!!!

I just got the T2i, what is the easiest way to tell how many times the camera has been used?

Facebook: Gary Feng Photography (external link)

eaglssong
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 14:39 |  #1684

slickooz wrote in post #12118064 (external link)
WOW AMAZING shot!!!!!!!!!

I just got the T2i, what is the easiest way to tell how many times the camera has been used?

I don't think we can tell, but I may be wrong.

Congrats on that new camera. Now get out and shoot something!!

gepixelt
856 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 29, 2011 14:48 |  #1685

decision made - I'll get that 70-300mm Tammy-Monster tomorrow :-)

Hi. My name is Dirk and you can find me on flickr (external link).
Canon 5DC | too many lenses -.-

eaglssong
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 14:49 |  #1686

gepixelt wrote in post #12118198 (external link)

YAY. Let us know how you like it.

gepixelt
856 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 29, 2011 14:56 |  #1687

AnnieBananie wrote in post #12118207 (external link)
YAY. Let us know how you like it.

yeah ... my son already planned a trip to the zoo on sunday. I hope the weather stays nice .. which is kinda uneasy here in germany :D

Hi. My name is Dirk and you can find me on flickr (external link).
Canon 5DC | too many lenses -.-

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 29, 2011 15:20 |  #1688

Rafa: Thanks for your bag shots, I love seeing everyone's bag and how they set it up :)

Wolfy: Those picture your bring us back were well worth the wait. They are awesome! Love the waterfall and the Zoo shots! Very well done sir :D

Oh and everyone, keep the bag sharing alive, I'm still looking for which one to buy ;)

Hi, I'm David.

woodzy
181 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Mar 29, 2011 16:43 |  #1689

gepixelt wrote in post #12118198 (external link)

If you are not happy, I'll eat my shoe...

If there is a will -- I want to be in it
Gear List

marubozo
Goldmember
1,471 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010

Mar 29, 2011 16:56 |  #1690

Yes. Keep sharing bags. I got the canon backpack for Christmas and I've already outgrown it. I didn't think big and plan ahead. :D

flickr (external link)

RafaPolit
Goldmember
1,668 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 29, 2011 17:04 |  #1691

Hollywoodgt wrote in post #12116780 (external link)
I cant believe this I searched high and low for a deal on the Canon F2.8 70-200mm L IS II and noting so I buy one.....ok price. Now I find one locally for $300.00 less. Thinking of making him an offer and selling it on E-bay. If I can get a great price, most people would have to put that on a credit card, so his window of people are smaller. Weird thing is he said he bought it as a employee with manual and everything but no box?

Don't go for this!!! People are absolutely anal about buying with boxes, you'll need to knock off those $300 or more if you ever want to resell it. Also, the newer batches (the ones WITHOUT a date code) will actually be worth more in the long run.

You don't know if you can keep the guarantee, and there is even a chance there is a problem with the lens and, more remotely, that you get scammed.

If you already have the new mII, I'd recommend you stick with it. $300 on $2500 is not worth the complications and possibilities IMHO.

Rafa.

Rebel T2i | EF-S 17-55 IS | EF 70-200 f4L | EF-S 10-22 | 430EX II |
Picture Galleries at:
www.rafaelpolit.com (external link)

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 17:14 |  #1692

woodzy wrote in post #12119131 (external link)
If you are not happy, I'll eat my shoe...

Can we have this in writing please? Oh yeah, it already is :p

Hope you are hungry. Just kidding, you know he is going to love it.

_
My Gear is ---> Here

eaglssong
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 17:19 as a reply to  @ davidc502's post |  #1693

Hey Rafa,

You feeling any better?

RafaPolit
Goldmember
1,668 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 29, 2011 17:43 |  #1694

Hey guys, some great shots from everyone!

Marrian, yeah, I know all about living with warranties covered in other countries. Well... lets hope they get the new shipment early, but with production a bit slow on the Canon factories and prices going up everywhere, I think the best chance is to wait a bit.

Sean, nice interior HDR shot. Its very subtle and well done. Care to share which program did you use to do it. Also, is it really an HDR or what is called a 'fake HDR'? Cause all the people are really still.

Killerclown, I like the silhouetted dove. I did you try making it almost like an illustration and making it perfectly black and white (without gray tones)? It could look weird, but it could turn out interesting.

Dirkkristen, congrats on the f1.4! Let us know what you think about it. About your bag... I actually think that it is a bit more useful, space wise, than the one I got. I actually have not seen that line because I was looking for something I could access without setting on the ground or on a table, as during our last job, many of the locations where greasy factories or sterilized industrial kitchens, or the likes, so I needed something I could access 'on-the-go', specially for changing lenses. As I said, this feature actually works, but I think in the long run I may get some of the SlipLock pouches like the S&F Lens Exchange 200AW. Nice pack you have there. Lowepro has really impressed me. As Marubozo said, I looked at the Canon Backpack and was afraid to out-grow it fast. That said, I think Maru's f2.8 is more bulky than my own equipment.

DigitalTuned, nice shots of your dog. I do see a slight green tint in the nose, but nothing noticeable. I think they have a nice monotone look to them but for the bandanna, which is great.

Wolfy
, welcome back! Your new entries deserve a whole new post dedicated to talking about them. Some fantastic shots!! I'm going to take a while looking through your gallery and come back to post here.

Slickooz
, congrats on the imminent arrival! I recommend fooling around a bit to get the bug out of you in Auto or P, and then read the manual top to bottom :)

Annie
, some great pictures from you as usual, but that first dragon fly is just superb!! The complete blurred background and the perfectly sharp bug is incredible! I'll pass commenting on the bee ones! :) . Thanks Annie for the warm thoughts. After a full 14 hour sleep :( I think I'm a bit recovered.

MuddyFox, the duck picture is great! Too bad there is that little bit of the tail missing.

Jccj58, thanks for the link! I am going to keep a close eye on that nest, as long as the chicks don't decide to eat each other up. At that point, I bail out on the 'nest watch' :( . I can't bear that. Now, your picture of... what is it... a falcon? Is fantastic!!!

Best regards,
Rafa.

Rebel T2i | EF-S 17-55 IS | EF 70-200 f4L | EF-S 10-22 | 430EX II |
Picture Galleries at:
www.rafaelpolit.com (external link)

Createsean
994 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Mar 29, 2011 18:15 |  #1695

RafaPolit wrote in post #12119545 (external link)
Sean, nice interior HDR shot. Its very subtle and well done. Care to share which program did you use to do it. Also, is it really an HDR or what is called a 'fake HDR'? Cause all the people are really still.

True HDR - though because of the low light I only shot 1 stop over/under instead of my usual 1+2/3 stop. I'm using photomatix and have got myself a pre-set that I made which gets HDR as realistic as possible (I really don't like the obviously fake over saturated hdr style) which I make minor tweaks to for each shot and then adjust a little further in LR.

I tried out the HDR that's included with CS5 but found the pics came out flat and dull looking. I also tried HDR expose which looked amazing in the tutorials/videos I saw but I couldn't replicate the results so am sticking with photomatix.

I'm looking for harsh criticism of my photos - tell me how to improve, I will be grateful.
My Gear | My web development business Caffeine Creations (external link) | flickr (external link) |My Photo Blog (external link)

sponsored links

946,988 views & 0 likes for this thread
-= T2i / 550D users UNITE! (2) =-
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.