Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 29 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 12:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I bought an SX20 IS off craigslist yesterday for 150

londonandlawson
511 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Mar 29, 2011 12:16 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

I have to say, this is a nice little camera. I used to have an S3 IS and loved it. I amazed how advanced and nice these point n shoots are now. I just bought this to resell, what would be a good asking price for this? I was thinking i should be able to at least get 200-225

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

My 550 EX Speedlite is for sale, pm me!
My heatware
http://heatware.com/ev​al.php?id=21421 (external link)
http://myworld.ebay.co​m/mclldavidson (external link)

Delija
Goldmember
1,095 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 29, 2011 13:03 |  #2

londonandlawson wrote in post #12117090 (external link)
I amazed how advanced and nice these point n shoots are now.

Yep, they are little computers and the advances are at pretty much the same rate as computer technology.

When I shot manual focus film SLRs (for almost 50 years), I never gave any thought to "upgrading" a camera body. Now with auto focus, and super accurate exposure metering, etc., I realized when I took the plunge (recently) into the world of dSLR cameras (after three digital P&S cameras), that I had to put the bulk of the money into lenses knowing that the bodies would just keep getting better and cheaper.

In the 1998, a Canon D2000 professional dSLR with 2MP cost something like $25000.

I bought a Canon point and shoot Elf in 2004 or 2005 IIRC, and I know I paid over $300. The camera came with no built in memory (as today), and took a CF card (guess it was before the more logical sized SD cards). The CF card I got was 256MB...Huge then but tiny by today's standards and it cost $100 (plus tax). I recently found a 2GB Lexar CF card on close-out sale for $2 at a CVS drug store. 8 times the capacity of the 256MB card at 2% of the price.

Groves Law....;)

They'll keep getting better and cheaper. I can easily imagine the day in the not distant future when we will have digital cameras with perfectly clean and infinitely high ISO settings...Imagine a camera that can "see" in the dark as well as any human with normal night vision. Then further down the road, a camera that "sees" like an owl. The possibilities are endless and technology never stops improving.

Edit: Yes, I'd think that it wouldn't be hard to get $200 - $225 for the camera. Have you checked to see what they are going for on the classified ads here on POTN? https://photography-on-the.net …rch.php?searchi​d=25783882

Peace,
D.

Wow, what a nice picture! You must have a really great camera!

YARDBURNER
116 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 29, 2011 20:33 as a reply to  @ Delija's post |  #3

At that price I'd buy every one I'd see
of any Canon SX##. Great cameras.

Still looking for "the" deal on a DSLR though.

They are out there.

-Rob

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,435 views & 0 likes for this thread
I bought an SX20 IS off craigslist yesterday for 150
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.