Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 07 Apr 2011 (Thursday) 11:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The "Don't you hate it when---------?" Thread.

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,306 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 07, 2011 22:47 |  #31

Don't you hate it when... you're driving, you see the most gorgeous sunset, you have everything you need in the car ready to go, but... you have an appointment you can't miss so you can't stop. You have no choice but to look at it and let it go. :(

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,788 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Apr 07, 2011 23:03 |  #32

photoguy6405 wrote in post #12180752 (external link)
Don't you hate it when... you're driving, you see the most gorgeous sunset, you have everything you need in the car ready to go, but... you have an appointment you can't miss so you can't stop. You have no choice but to look at it and let it go. :(

...or when there is absolutely no place to stop on the side of a highway, when you see a spectacular scene or sunset

...of when there are unavoidable power lines and phone lines on poles, intruding into a spactacular landscape.

You have no choice but to look at it and let it go.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,491 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 07, 2011 23:10 |  #33

^^ You know...those might very well be the ones that drive me the most nuts.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

yogestee
THREAD ­ STARTER
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2011 00:37 as a reply to  @ Snydremark's post |  #34

Don't you hate it when you are sitting having a coffee in an outdoor cafe when a beautiful girl walks by and your camera is stuck in your bag?? You miss the shot!!

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 08, 2011 01:28 |  #35

Wilt wrote in post #12180850 (external link)
...or when there is absolutely no place to stop on the side of a highway, when you see a spectacular scene or sunset

...of when there are unavoidable power lines and phone lines on poles, intruding into a spactacular landscape.

You have no choice but to look at it and let it go.

Or worse yet, you are driving on a highway that should have a special lane for photographers to pull over and shoot, because of the plethora of great scenes, but they have totally neglected that in the design of the highway -- how lame is that:)!?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

yogestee
THREAD ­ STARTER
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 08, 2011 01:39 |  #36

tonylong wrote in post #12181464 (external link)
Or worse yet, you are driving on a highway that should have a special lane for photographers to pull over and shoot, because of the plethora of great scenes, but they have totally neglected that in the design of the highway -- how lame is that:)!?

Don't just build lanes just for photographers,, what about viewing platforms with cafe and cheap beer??

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 08, 2011 01:40 |  #37

yogestee wrote in post #12181512 (external link)
Don't just build lanes just for photographers,, what about viewing platforms with cafe and cheap beer??

Well, hey ,now we're talking:)!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

squires
40 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 08, 2011 08:30 |  #38

clark becker wrote in post #12177329 (external link)
How do you shoot 2500 shots a day? what is the percentage of keepers.

Burst mode + action = a lot of shots.

I hate it when I put my eye to the view finder and 20 people feel the need to walk in front of me.

When I drive 2 hours to a spot to view a sunset and when I get 10 minutes away, it starts to rain.

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,306 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 08, 2011 10:52 |  #39

tonylong wrote in post #12181520 (external link)
Well, hey ,now we're talking:)!

I like the direction this thread is taking the last few posts.  :p

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 08, 2011 11:08 |  #40

Chippy569 wrote in post #12178930 (external link)
well, in reality the fundamentals are all the same. It's just a difference in how one adjusts the important 3 (iso, aperture, shutter speed) and maybe focus. So if you understand how exposure works, you should be able to pick up just about any camera and get good results quickly...

After 30 years, I completely understand the technical aspects of photography, that isn't the issue. I could discuss the specs on just about any Canon body, and the controls are quite similar and could figure out where things are on most different Canon models. But don't hand me your Sony or Olympus and assume that since I'm a pro, I should know where the buttons are for YOUR white balance, or YOUR exposure compensation, how to force YOUR flash. That's what I meant by that. ; )

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Ugly ­ Joe
436 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 08, 2011 11:22 |  #41

squires wrote in post #12182552 (external link)
I hate it when I put my eye to the view finder and 20 people feel the need to walk in front of me.

What gets me is the one guy who decides he wants to re-earn his high school title of "Class Clown" right in the middle of your sunset shot at the beach...always to the feigned amusement of whatever girl happens to be with him at the time.

"Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
A good friend will help you move.
A true friend will help you move a body.
An old friend more than likely will pass on either because of a bad back.

hairy_moth
Goldmember
3,739 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 08, 2011 11:30 |  #42

Finger bunny ears.
(Everyone apparently thinks it is new, original and hilarious, no matter how many times they have seen it done)

7D | 300D | G1X | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 | EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro | EF 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L MkII -- flickr (external link)

arkphotos
455 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2011 11:49 |  #43

Don't you hate it when ... you realize you've been spending more time reading POTN than shooting.

1.6 crop & some lenses

hairy_moth
Goldmember
3,739 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 08, 2011 11:55 |  #44

Don't you hate it when some yahoo suggests that life is a set of either or situations? For example, you can read the net, or you can take pictures. There are other variables involved here! :)

7D | 300D | G1X | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 | EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro | EF 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L MkII -- flickr (external link)

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,306 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 08, 2011 12:09 |  #45

hairy_moth wrote in post #12183484 (external link)
Finger bunny ears.
(Everyone apparently thinks it is new, original and hilarious, no matter how many times they have seen it done)

One of a billion things that was mildly amusing the first time, then never again... yet people insist on still doing it.

sponsored links

7,319 views & 0 likes for this thread
The "Don't you hate it when---------?" Thread.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.