Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Apr 2011 (Friday) 14:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

G12 with EyeFi card

adammazza
505 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 08, 2011 14:58 |  #1

Anyone using this combination? I just got a X2 Pro card and since the G12 has transfer settings it seems to ignore the card settings which are setup to only transfer photos which I've 'protected'.

Thanks

Adam

Canon 5Dm3, Fuji X100T, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X70
Canon 70-200mm L F/2.8 IS
Canon 24-105mm L F/4.0 IS
Sigma 35mm F/1.4, Sigma 85mm F/1.4
Fuji 16mm F/1.4, Fuji 35mm F/1.4, Fuji 56mm F/1.2, Fuji 16-55 F/2.8

sponsored links
cpm440vee
38 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 09, 2011 07:26 |  #2

I have the Explore X2 and it works fine. In the past I set it up to transfer only those photos that I have protected. I found it annoying to pick through each photo and protect so I changed it to transfer everything that I shoot. That mode works also.

You changed the settings in Eye-Fi Center, under the Transfer Mode screen? Not sure what else could be the problem.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

(5Dc) + (70-200 f/4 L IS | 24-105 | 85 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 40 2.8 | 28 1.8)
(XTi) + (EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 15-85 | EF-S 18-55 IS)

adammazza
THREAD ­ STARTER
505 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 09, 2011 10:14 |  #3

Thanks, I was using Selective Share and it seemed that photos would get transfered to the computer, but if I went back and protected them, nothing would get sent out online (flickr in this case). I've switched to Slective Transfer and this seems to work as intended. Once I protect a photo it get sent to my computer and Flickr.

Thanks

Adam

Canon 5Dm3, Fuji X100T, Fuji X-T1, Fuji X70
Canon 70-200mm L F/2.8 IS
Canon 24-105mm L F/4.0 IS
Sigma 35mm F/1.4, Sigma 85mm F/1.4
Fuji 16mm F/1.4, Fuji 35mm F/1.4, Fuji 56mm F/1.2, Fuji 16-55 F/2.8

Doug ­ F
146 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 02, 2011 12:43 |  #4

It would be great if Eye-Fi users could post to tell us the approximate useful range for these cards in the G12 and how using one of these cards affects the camera's battery life. I have seen posts where some say a range of 4 feet, some say 40 feet and some say 100 depending on their camera (these weren't specific to the G12). I know a lot is going to depend on the environment and router type (e.g. G vs. N) but some general insights would be helpful.

If anyone can comment on ad hoc connections used directly with a windows laptop in terms of speed, range and functionality, that would be great. The Eye-Fi site is not good at describing their product and my understanding is that the "direct connect" feature only works with Apples IOS and Android apps, therefore, you have to use ad hoc with a windows PCs (and that ad hoc cannot work with WPA2 security which is a bummer).

I see the Eye-Fi has released a beta firmware that will now attach the geodata to RAW files.

Thanks!

Leonard ­ Wong
206 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 04, 2011 00:13 |  #5

Well, the Eye-Fi card only supports B and G, and not N. It can also only operate at 2.4 Ghz.

I have a G12 with the Pro X2 card. I think the range is pretty good, but I'm not performing any empirical tests. With my wireless access point I can get 100% when next to the WAP, and 25% when 10 feet away. I have no idea what the range is on an iPhone or other types Android device, but I assume it would be substantially less at that range. The Ad Hoc networking features of connecting it to an iOS or Android device I think is more of a gimmick. I've been able to successfully get it to work, but its far too difficult for on the go wireless shooting. If really want to go down that route, get a device with a real Infrastructure mode WiFi (i.e. MiFi) and get your pictures to upload that way.

40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 30 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 70-200 F4 IS | 2x580EXII | YN CTR-301P | Lowepro Slingshot 200 | Kata R-103 | Manfrotto Monopod 679B
HV20 | WD-H43 | DM-20 | Manfrotto 390RC2
G12 | D10

naomi105813
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 06, 2011 02:59 |  #6

My friend wanted to buy one,do you have any good advice?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Everyday is a beautiful day.
http://www.amovos.info​/xiao.jpg (external link)

sponsored links

4,116 views & 0 likes for this thread
G12 with EyeFi card
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.