Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 08 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 11:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Great Stealth Bag Idea!

Myboostedgst
Goldmember
1,908 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2011 20:30 |  #121

DavidAndrew wrote in post #12186217 (external link)
Would a 15 inch MacBook Pro in a sleeve fit inside this bag but outside of the insert. Anyone do that? Thx

Use this picture for size reference...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

This book fits in the bag, but outside of the insert, perfect. Laying on its side, it is exactly the same height as the insert. I do not have a macbook and I do not know the exact dimensions, but if it is the same height and length as this book, it will fit perfect. You have maybe 3 inches of depth for the laptop as well.

Hope that helps.

Andrew | Midwest Automotive (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
DavidAndrew
37 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 08, 2011 21:10 as a reply to  @ Myboostedgst's post |  #122

Helps a little but are you saying that book is snug in that position? Laying on its binder that book's width looks several inches shorter than the width of the bag. The Macbook is about 14.5 inches wide by 10 inches tall.

David
Portfolio / Blog  (external link) | Flickr  (external link) | 500px  (external link) | Instagram  (external link)

pathfndr
29 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 08, 2011 21:16 |  #123

tagakweens wrote in post #12184789 (external link)
I just got my bag (it arrived today), I bought it from Amazon (through Gravity Trading" and it does have the main zipper, but as of current (now) "Gravity Trading (seller)" was not an option anymore....

not sure if you buy it from a different seller that it would have the zipper...

Myboostedgst wrote in post #12185460 (external link)
Replied to your PM. But as of now you can't buy it where I did.

You can buy it from Gravity Trading directly... (that's what I did..)

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 08, 2011 21:45 |  #124

feetdown wrote in post #12182817 (external link)
Okay...Could someone who actually Bought the Zippered Main compartment bag ...Please put up the link...If you did not purchase the bag please do not respond. I want to get the coreect bag....Thank You

you can go directly to the gravity trading website or even the original manufacturers website to get the bag. There are several links on pages 1,2 and 3 for all the above. Rapid dominance is the company, gravity trading may still offer the bag directly on their website but you can definitely get it directly from rapid dominance.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 08, 2011 22:24 |  #125

Jannie wrote in post #12157568 (external link)
I say a young woman get on a bus the other day with a Timbuck2 messenger bag. I googled them and they look perfect.

Depending on the size of the bag you pick, and the insert you put in it, they are. I have a couple different Timbuk2 bags, and a couple different inserts, and just re-arrange and re-configure as needed for where I'm going and what I'm taking. (I have a thread floating around about the process I used.)

But because I'm such a bag junkie, I think I'm going to have to order one of these nice khaki bags, too. Just in case I need it. :D

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

feetdown
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2011 22:24 |  #126

Is this the same bag......

http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …s_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

"just learning"
www.jsphotographydesig​n.com (external link)
5D MkIII, 70-200mm f/2.8L, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, EF 24-105mm f/4, EF 300mm f/4, 600 Ex-rt, 580EXII & a bunch of other stuff.

feetdown
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2011 22:25 |  #127

Or this one.....

http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …c_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

"just learning"
5D MkIII, 70-200mm f/2.8L, Canon 50mm f/1.2L, EF 24-105mm f/4, EF 300mm f/4, 600 Ex-rt, 580EXII & a bunch of other stuff.

feetdown
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 08, 2011 22:26 |  #128

too many look-a-likes....not enough information on either one

"just learning"

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 08, 2011 22:31 |  #129

I think this one, as it specifically says zippered inside pockets.

Sounds like there are 2 models, one with zippered pockets, and one without.

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 08, 2011 22:36 |  #130

that should be the one. I see the red emblem on the main lid there. that should be the rapid dominance bag. I would call them to confirm but it looks like it.

not the image on the rapid dominance page for the bag: http://www.rapiddomina​nce.com/Items.asp?Item​=R31 (external link)

It has the same red tag on the face. I'm surprised they haven't re-upped their quantity available on amazon. They sold out of them on amazon in a matter of a couple days because of us, lol.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,147 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 09, 2011 00:45 as a reply to  @ BoneJj's post |  #131

The manufacturer is shown as Gravity or GT not Rapid Dominance (?). Call or contact them to be sure.

| Canon EOS Systems |

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 10, 2011 12:35 |  #132

not sure if this is allowed, but I got mine last week, the bag and the insert, but changed my mind, so I posted it here:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1025780

vsantos
24 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 10, 2011 15:53 |  #133

I got the insert using the 15% coupon so now I'm trying to purchase the correct bag w/ the zipper. I looked on the gravity trading site and I'm having the same problems as others.

2 bags using the same exact product picture. Different prices though.
Bag 1 - $19.95. http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …c_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

Bag 2 - $17.95. http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …c_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

Anyone who has bought the right one, know the price they paid?

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 10, 2011 16:44 |  #134

vsantos wrote in post #12195498 (external link)
I got the insert using the 15% coupon so now I'm trying to purchase the correct bag w/ the zipper. I looked on the gravity trading site and I'm having the same problems as others.

2 bags using the same exact product picture. Different prices though.
Bag 1 - $19.95. http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …c_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

Bag 2 - $17.95. http://www.gravitytrad​ing.com …c_Messenger_Bag​_Olive.htm (external link)

Anyone who has bought the right one, know the price they paid?

it looks the same, I bought mine through amazon (when gravity trading was still an option as a seller) and I paid 27 total w/ shipping (20 + 7 shipping) and I got the one with the zipper... although it doesn't have the red tag on the right side of the cover...

vsantos
24 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 10, 2011 17:12 |  #135

I'll give them a call either tomorrow or Tuesday, if we still don't have clarification.

sponsored links

313,197 views & 0 likes for this thread
Great Stealth Bag Idea!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.