Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Apr 2011 (Saturday) 00:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Its already 2am: Where's Omar's Passport Color Checker?(Wear Shades before you Enter)

this thread is locked
monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:26 |  #256

pixiepearls wrote in post #12188961 (external link)
I woke up at 4am with a migrain, and then again at 6am, still had it. STILL HAVE IT!! Took BC powder at the 4am wake up and 4 baby asprin around 8am. BOOO. HEADACHES SUCK.

my... I never understood headache to be honest... as I have never had it as far as I can remember :lol: maybe dizziness sometimes but never really headache... I feel bad for you Pixie :(

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

sponsored links
20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 09, 2011 09:29 |  #257

jdizzle wrote in post #12188916 (external link)
Duh!:) That's a given. I figure he's too busy with his own life that he simply can't run the forum 24/7. :p

This is true. Unlike some of the people here (who shall remain unnamed—you know who you are), Pekka has a real life. He accomplishes things.

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:32 |  #258

coastline somewhere in Southern Cebu :D

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Southerncebu-6129 (external link) by bee_tee_double_you (external link), on Flickr

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:36 |  #259

20droger wrote in post #12188995 (external link)
This is true. Unlike some of the people here (who shall remain unnamed—you know who you are), Pekka has a real life. He accomplishes things.

I agree.. :D currently my life revolves around the store so I am there about 10hours a day... if I spam just 5/hour that would be equivalent to 50 posts already. its not like this is the only thing I am doing...its just I have too much time to be in here :lol:
and when I am at home I usually just stay home instead of drinking out or going to bars...pretty much a home/store person :D

I go out on weekends to shoot or go on a short trip somewhere..but other than that I have nothing else to do. so better to get in here and talk to you guys and learn more about the world.

see Roger? I know its me :lol: but I have my reasons why I am here :lol:
or Simply put it... because I can afford to be here most of the time coz practically I own my own time :D

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:41 |  #260

Julian... :lol:

The new Neon Chair I bought... hahahaha I would have preferred Black...but this is more comfortable (its the only stock as well).

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

neon chair-8338 (external link) by bee_tee_double_you (external link), on Flickr

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
44,097 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Apr 09, 2011 09:45 |  #261

monk3y wrote in post #12188967 (external link)
wow!! really Omar? yeah its something that some of us should watch so we could appreciate our life more... as you can see Manila is very very chaotic haha

no wonder you stopped posting here... I have not fully watched the clipped yet..I haven't even seen him drive the Jeepney yet :rolleyes: slow connection is killing me haayyy

ohhh yeah... hahaha I forgot..I work either 6 days a week or 7:cry:

Yes i haven't visited the dominican republic in 13 years. Before that i used to go yearly for two months. Life is almost the same as in manila and in the country side outside of manila. Its a day by day kind of living. Very difficult and very tough. My parents grew up in similar conditions as rohelios old neighbor. You will see that when he goes to pick her up to take her to the hospital. Then they came here to the US and made a better life for themselves. Paying for my sisters and I's education was their biggest sacrifice. Only now, 6 years, after i graduated is my father finally relaxing in his life. He has worked two jobs, or from 9am-1am, for as long as i can remember. He might not live in Rohelios conditions but he works just as much.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

vipergts831
44,097 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:47 |  #262

monk3y wrote in post #12189044 (external link)
Julian... :lol:

The new Neon Chair I bought... hahahaha I would have preferred Black...but this is more comfortable (its the only stock as well).
IMAGE NOT FOUND

neon chair-8338 (external link) by bee_tee_double_you (external link), on Flickr

Much better pick up Steven!

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:49 |  #263

vipergts831 wrote in post #12189053 (external link)
Yes i haven't visited the dominican republic in 13 years. Before that i used to go yearly for two months. Life is almost the same as in manila and in the country side outside of manila. Its a day by day kind of living. Very difficult and very tough. My parents grew up in similar conditions as rohelios old neighbor. You will see that when he goes to pick her up to take her to the hospital. Then they came here to the US and made a better life for themselves. Paying for my sisters and I's education was their biggest sacrifice. Only now, 6 years, after i graduated is my father finally relaxing in his life. He has worked two jobs, or from 9am-1am, for as long as i can remember. He might not live in Rohelios conditions but he works just as much.

that's nice... a lot of Filipinos migrate to other countries as well coz income here is just not enough. I can only imagine with how expensive everything is in NYC... your father must have worked very hard to support you both :D

now why haven't you visited the Dominican Republic again? go and enjoy... it must be fun to earn dollars and go back there and spend like a few cents on something that would normally costs tens of dollars in NYC :lol:

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:53 |  #264

vipergts831 wrote in post #12189061 (external link)
Much better pick up Steven!

yeah Thanks Omar. I picked one up coz GF is complaining about uncomfortable seating position..and she's working here about 6-8 hours a day. so had to buy at least one chair for us to share :lol:

not much but a huge improvement over our plastic monobloc chair :lol:

vipergts831
44,097 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:58 |  #265

monk3y wrote in post #12189072 (external link)
that's nice... a lot of Filipinos migrate to other countries as well coz income here is just not enough. I can only imagine with how expensive everything is in NYC... your father must have worked very hard to support you both :D

now why haven't you visited the Dominican Republic again? go and enjoy... it must be fun to earn dollars and go back there and spend like a few cents on something that would normally costs tens of dollars in NYC :lol:

Yeah life in NYC is tough. Very expensive. Main reason why Julian moved south and gets more for his earnings. A lot of people have done that as well. My father still continues to work two jobs now but its different. He doesn't have to but he cant stay home :lol: He loves to work. Its very gratifying. Even when he would be home he couldn't stand still :lol:

I havent gone back because i got tired of going so much :lol: I told myself every year i will go somewhere ive never been. Only in a few years from now will i return to the Dominican Republic :)

vipergts831
44,097 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 09, 2011 09:59 |  #266

monk3y wrote in post #12189086 (external link)
yeah Thanks Omar. I picked one up coz GF is complaining about uncomfortable seating position..and she's working here about 6-8 hours a day. so had to buy at least one chair for us to share :lol:

not much but a huge improvement over our plastic monobloc chair :lol:

Yes it looks like its very comfortable. Its def worth the investment considering she is using it for work. :D

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 10:02 |  #267

vipergts831 wrote in post #12189102 (external link)
Yeah life in NYC is tough. Very expensive. Main reason why Julian moved south and gets more for his earnings. A lot of people have done that as well. My father still continues to work two jobs now but its different. He doesn't have to but he cant stay home :lol: He loves to work. Its very gratifying. Even when he would be home he couldn't stand still :lol:

I havent gone back because i got tired of going so much :lol: I told myself every year i will go somewhere ive never been. Only in a few years from now will i return to the Dominican Republic :)

yeah if only I could afford to travel...that would be 2 countries every year..by the time I reach 55years old I'll have 50 countries already... but sad to say I can't :(

I love to travel...my mind always wanders around hahaha I am always interested in anything about travel. I just had to slap my face with reality again and stay put. so I just travel here in POTN hahahaha

midnight_rider
"Thrown under the bus."
5,413 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 09, 2011 10:05 as a reply to  @ monk3y's post |  #268

monk3y wrote in post #12189009 (external link)
coastline somewhere in Southern Cebu :D
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Southerncebu-6129 (external link) by bee_tee_double_you (external link), on Flickr

With some rough texture or with an old paper style behind this it woudl be awesome,

Nice shot.

I never, Not once claimed to read your post...

midnight_rider
"Thrown under the bus."
5,413 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 09, 2011 10:06 as a reply to  @ midnight_rider's post |  #269

My name is Kirk and I am a new apple addict.
It has been one week since my last purchase.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

I never, Not once claimed to read your post...

monk3y
THREAD ­ STARTER
Totally Saturated
46,201 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Apr 09, 2011 10:09 |  #270

midnight_rider wrote in post #12189134 (external link)
With some rough texture or with an old paper style behind this it woudl be awesome,

Nice shot.

Thanks Kirk... I dunno guys I have not really picked up anything that I want printed hahaha...

midnight_rider wrote in post #12189138 (external link)
My name is Kirk and I am a new apple addict.
It has been one week since my last purchase.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
| Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

whew!!! I like your setup :D and yeah You are a certified apple addict. hahaha

sponsored links

340,289 views & 0 likes for this thread
Its already 2am: Where's Omar's Passport Color Checker?(Wear Shades before you Enter)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.