Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 11 Apr 2011 (Monday) 12:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The "ultimate" wedding guest

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 11, 2011 20:37 |  #16

I had one like that last year. Here are a few quick edits (I obviously didnt use these)

He told me he would stay out of the way, and asked if it would be alright to stay in the corners for the ceremony. Sure, I thought (we were thinking about different corners)

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5611942068_2d78ab2321_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5611359223_fc2f7e0437_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5611359439_2b000ac5f1_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5265/5611941902_aa356b4a02_z.jpg

Sorry, dont mean to hijack the thread. I feel your pain (I am sure we all have at least one wedding like this.

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

sponsored links
shutterpat
Cream of the Crop
10,508 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 11, 2011 20:46 |  #17

Sorry Bryan i feel your frustration... if i may suggest, move this pic to the forum "show me your photographers" in hopes that this mofo sees himself how much of a doucebag he is for ruining your pics.

Follow me --> https://www.instagram.​com/shutterpat/ (external link)

inthegarden
THREAD ­ STARTER
248 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Apr 11, 2011 20:58 |  #18

No worries, Bryan. I actually thought about asking others for their similar shots. Don't you just drop your jaw at the audacity?!!

"A poorly made picture that moves us is worth hundreds of empty masterpieces of technique. And when good photos are made well, that's even better." David Vestal

picturecrazy
soft-hearted weenie-boy
8,564 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Apr 11, 2011 21:32 |  #19

Haha lovely. I love these kinds of people. I had one guy shooting with nothing but a fisheye. He had to stand 4 ft away from the couple the whole ceremony to prevent them from disappearing in fisheye infinity. Drove me nuts. If they get really bad, I actually sometimes stand infront of them, take a shot, and then purposely walk backwards and smack right into them. If that doesn't send them a clue that they're in the way, then NOTHING will.

-Lloyd
The BOUDOIR - Edmonton Intimate Boudoir Photography (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Studio Family Baby Child Maternity Wedding Photographers (external link)
Night and Day Photography - Edmonton Headshot Photographers (external link)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) |Instagram (external link) | Gear

inthegarden
THREAD ­ STARTER
248 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Apr 11, 2011 21:43 |  #20

When I've worked with pro videographers - we always work to stay out of each other's way. I'm thinking about warning future couples to ask their friends to stay back - maybe even use this photo as an example . . .

"A poorly made picture that moves us is worth hundreds of empty masterpieces of technique. And when good photos are made well, that's even better." David Vestal

DingAnSich
154 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 11, 2011 22:28 |  #21

lOl.. what a loser.

www.dingansic.com (external link)

DingAnSich
154 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 11, 2011 22:32 |  #22

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #12203395 (external link)
I had one like that last year. Here are a few quick edits (I obviously didnt use these)

He told me he would stay out of the way, and asked if it would be alright to stay in the corners for the ceremony. Sure, I thought (we were thinking about different corners)

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Sorry, dont mean to hijack the thread. I feel your pain (I am sure we all have at least one wedding like this.

what did the couple say when they saw the images?

www.dingansic.com (external link)

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 11, 2011 23:34 |  #23

DingAnSich wrote in post #12204112 (external link)

I was actually shooting for a studio, and they delivered the photos. My second and I were good enough that we were able to get good shots, but nothing wide. We stuck to tight shots.

The thing that bothered me the most is he stood RIGHT in front of the grooms mom, literary inches in front of her, blocking her for the entire ceremony. He must have leaned back and said "dont worry, you can watch the video of your son getting married in a few months."

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

caught14
194 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 12, 2011 09:23 as a reply to  @ Red Tie Photography's post |  #24

Wow. Way to keep the ceremony classy fellas. Fortunately I have yet to encounter someone like this.

Colling Photography (external link)
Cameras & Lenses - Canon 5DMkII x 3 | 30D | 24
L | 35L | 45 TS | 50L | 85IIL | 135L | 16-35IIL | 24-105L | 70-200L
www.collingphotogaller​y.com (external link)

Peacefield
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 12, 2011 12:11 |  #25

DingAnSich wrote in post #12204112 (external link)

I guess that's what I'm curious about. Does the couple think, geez, what a jerk cousin Joey is or do they think we as photographers should have waved him out of there?

Robert Wayne Photography (external link)

5D3, 5D2, 50D, 350D * 16-35 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 100-400 IS, 100 L Macro, 35 1.4, 85 1.2 II, 135 2.0, Tokina 10-17 fish * 580 EX II (3) Stratos triggers * Other Stuff plus a Pelican 1624 to haul it all

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 12, 2011 12:13 |  #26

lol, thats hilarious

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

Shockey
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 12, 2011 12:13 |  #27

They hire you to capture the day. That is what you did.

scobols
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 12, 2011 12:21 |  #28

datawiz2012 wrote in post #12201968 (external link)
Not only was he being a jerk, he had the audacity to be one while wearing a Nikon around his neck.

Seems like every time I have this problem the offender is wearing a Nikon around his neck.

www.scottbolster.com (external link)
facebook (external link)

Accessoire
Goldmember
1,119 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 12, 2011 12:33 |  #29

Peacefield wrote in post #12207331 (external link)
I guess that's what I'm curious about. Does the couple thing, geez, what a jerk cousin Joey is or do they think we as photographers should have waved him out of there?

thats what I was wondering too
I think Id leave several shots in the cue of him with his face glaring at you
and see what the bride/groom has to say
all you could do is shrug and say, "hey, he was everywhere like a ninja!"

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,882 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 13, 2011 06:36 as a reply to  @ Accessoire's post |  #30

Really too bad for the bride and groom when people act like this. Dont think there is much you can do other than politely point out to the person that you were hired to photograph the event and ask them to step out of the scene. You have to be blunt because obviously they dont give a rats arse about anything else other than what they are trying to do.

My suggestion for everyone is to Right click, print and save a couple of these shots and show them to your future clients at the consultation. Show them things that can really screw up the wedding photography. Just shows your concerned about getting your clients the best looks you can get, plus it puts that bride on notice to tell uncle harry to sit down and leave the photography to the experts-- in advance.

True story-- had a relative that was shooting a camera and triggering my flash for the group shots. The 2nd time it happened, Mama bear told the relative- " you do that one more time and im going to shove that camera up you Arse". I think most brides and Mothers of the brides solve this problem for you in advance especially if you show them shots like the ones posted here. I have not had anyone this blatent yet, but if i did, i would solve the problem with a little blunt suggestions as to where he should be positioned for the photographs when a professional is in the house.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

8,848 views & 0 likes for this thread
The "ultimate" wedding guest
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.