Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 13 Apr 2011 (Wednesday) 23:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where/How do you store your lens(es) at home?

philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,253 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 14, 2011 06:30 |  #16

^^^^^^^^
hahaha...
Luv it.

At least I'm not quite that bad.

Regards, Phil
2019 South Australian Country Press Assoc Sports Photo of the Year - Runner Up
2018 South Australian Country Press Assoc Sports Photo of the Year
2018 CAMS (now Motorsport Australia) Gold Accredited Photographer
Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office"

sponsored links
george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 14, 2011 07:20 |  #17

LOL....I'm more like the disorganized folks here ! Right now there is various equipment here in the kitchen, some in the living room, some in the camera room downstairs, and there is a bag in the backseat of the truck sitting in the garage. Plus I think there is stuff in the trailer, And there is a bunch of lighting gear over at a friends studio. One camera and lens is with a friend who is shooting an assignment this weekend.
Once in a great while, I actually get organized and it all goes back into the camera room in a more or less orderly manner. Then the cycle starts all over.
I like being able to grab and go when need be.....and so, sometimes my glorious mess makes it hard to grab what I need ! That's why it's good to have backups ! :rolleyes:;)

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

oweng
106 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 14, 2011 07:24 |  #18

I must be related to you as that's what my office looks like most of the time :)

xhack wrote in post #12219371 (external link)
I'm like philwillmedia - only worse. Can you tell I'm a widower who lives on his own? I have a living room chair that is my "photography station". OK, occasionally I do put stuff away, but it's nice to just grab what I need, when I need it.

I am ashamed . . .
QUOTED IMAGE

http://500px.com/oweng (external link)

atlrus
531 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 14, 2011 07:27 |  #19

I stored all my camera, lens and gear with my guns and rifle in the safe =)

Hehe, I was thinking of doing the same, but it's a real pain if you want to grab a quick shot, so I just keep all of it in a big camera bag.

I don't know about the fire safe you got, but most I've seen don't have any padding. A big pistol safe may be better.

Gear: Sold :cry:

les_au
739 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Apr 14, 2011 07:48 |  #20

camera, lenses and 2 flashes are normally stored in a a lowepro compuday back pack that i am outgrowing, tripod on the bedroom floor or in the cupboard. lightstands like wise, either on the bedroom floor or in the cupboard. i need a bag for my fleabay umbrellas and light stands i think

gear list

Joe.Kelley
322 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 14, 2011 08:52 |  #21

They are stored in my Humidor inside of a Rock Tumbler I call it my HuRT locker

Fuji X100s | Sony RX100 II | 5D MKIII (SOLD)| 35L (SOLD) | 70-200 L IS MKII (SOLD)| GoPro Hero3 Black
2 Einsteins | CyberSync System | Vagabond Mini

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 14, 2011 09:29 |  #22

I've always got at least one body, a flash and the 70-200 / 17-40 in a Canon backpack ready to go. I keep all the other lenses out on an open table so I can pick and choose at will.

It's not a pretty arrangement, but no bag that I'd ever want to carry can handle all the junk I have, so I just work selectively.

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 14, 2011 09:29 |  #23

If you are putting it into a fire safe, you need to make sure it is rated for digital media. Most fireproof safes are fireproof for paper only and that is because it is airtight and there isn't enough oxygen to sustain the fire and it can't burn the paper. Media and electronics will still melt and deform and be damaged at much lower temperatures than paper will burn.

I also agree that some kind of off-site backup is essential. Even if it is just a portable HDD that you back up to regularly and keep at work or something. Personally, I use Mozy, which just came out with a mobile App for iPhone/Android that lets you access your backed up files (i.e. ALL of your pictures) directly from the App, which is really awesome.

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

atlrus
531 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 14, 2011 09:39 |  #24

They are stored in my Humidor inside of a Rock Tumbler I call it my HuRT locker

Isn't that a bit to moist for the camera?

Gear: Sold :cry:

Joe.Kelley
322 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 14, 2011 09:46 |  #25

atlrus wrote in post #12220244 (external link)
Isn't that a bit to moist for the camera?

no the tumbling action of the rock tumbler wicks away the moisture

Fuji X100s | Sony RX100 II | 5D MKIII (SOLD)| 35L (SOLD) | 70-200 L IS MKII (SOLD)| GoPro Hero3 Black
2 Einsteins | CyberSync System | Vagabond Mini

dadgummit
977 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 14, 2011 09:50 |  #26

I have a pelican 1654 arriving Monday according to UPS. Right now I am using a Tamrac Expedition 5 which holds most of my gear and is pretty well padded.

My Humble Gear List
I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth in this field.Rick Steves

FeXL
493 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 14, 2011 10:05 as a reply to  @ dadgummit's post |  #27

Right beside the shotgun...

rsheele
37 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 14, 2011 10:16 as a reply to  @ FeXL's post |  #28

I left PLENTY of room for expansion. :)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i181.photobucke​t.com …3/rsheele1/unti​tled-1.jpg (external link)

7D, 350D, 24-70 f2.8 L, 70-300 f4-5.6, 50 f1.8

nepali
982 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 14, 2011 11:43 |  #29

Camera bag in the closet (on the top shelf). :)

[Current Gears: Fuji X-T4, Fuji 35 f/2, GoPro HERO8, YN-560 III]
[Feedbacks: #1, #2]

hairyjames
425 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 14, 2011 13:04 |  #30

I store my camera gear in the same place I store my other things I shoot . . . in the gun safe that's guarded by two indoor dogs!

The indoor dogs tell me if someone is coming . . . and the dogs are thus guarded a BIG .45 revolver at the least! LOL

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

sponsored links

14,236 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where/How do you store your lens(es) at home?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.