Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 10 Apr 2011 (Sunday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kids and their nice cameras...

skygod44
"in stockings and suspenders"
6,428 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008
Location: Southern Kyushu, Japan. Which means nowhere near Tokyo!

Apr 14, 2011 21:38 |  #76

SkateSoft wrote in post #12224715 (external link)
Haha. Thank you for the site compliment. Tried adding my custom domain tonight, but obviously it takes 24 hours to update the DNS.

You're welcome, Dylan.
Cheers for now,
Simon

"Whatever you do, enjoy yourself...otherwise, what's the point."
6D/7D and ALL Canon/Sigma gear SOLD!!!! Now: Olympus PEN EP-5 & OM-D EM-5 Mk2 and 8 lenses!

sponsored links
LikeABoss
50 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 15, 2011 22:44 as a reply to  @ skygod44's post |  #77

im 14 too, but this kid is one of those stuck up rich kids. i work for every one of my lenses and have worked very hard to get my t2i.

Canon T2i | Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon 18-55mm | Nikkor 50mm f/1.4

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 16, 2011 10:03 |  #78

LikeABoss wrote in post #12231712 (external link)
im 14 too, but this kid is one of those stuck up rich kids. i work for every one of my lenses and have worked very hard to get my t2i.

I am glad you have worked for your camera and lenses, you will appreciate yours so much more than a kid that gets things handed to them. Don't let this kid get to you, just ignore him (which I know he is probably a pain in the rear and that is easier said than done). Blow his pictures out of the water and show him that you can take a better photo than him using any camera. And when he is running his mouth, kill him with kindness and be the better person.

I am so glad you have parents that make you work for your belongings, you will a better person and citizen when you become an adult.

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 16, 2011 10:21 |  #79

skygod44 wrote in post #12205930 (external link)
And as some have already posted, may I suggest "When I was 14, I....." <-- fill in your answer.

When I was 14 I got my first custom made surfboard (thanks dad :D ) ,,,,I had been into surfing since I was about 12 but only owned heaps of sh!te..

At 16 I borrowed my mates father's (a pro photographer) beat up Pentax Spotmatic and 200mm lens and started shooting surfing photos on K64.. At 18 I was first published in a surfing magazine.. The rest is history.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

djentley
386 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 16, 2011 10:51 |  #80

yogestee wrote in post #12233618 (external link)
When I was 14 I got my first custom made surfboard (thanks dad :D ) ,,,,I had been into surfing since I was about 12 but only owned heaps of sh!te..

At 16 I borrowed my mates father's (a pro photographer) beat up Pentax Spotmatic and 200mm lens and started shooting surfing photos on K64.. At 18 I was first published in a surfing magazine.. The rest is history.

When did you start hanging around male genit... yeah, what it says on your title?

My 500px. (external link) I like action (external link) and volcanoes. (external link) Dragons (external link) and temples (external link) are fine, too!
I don't think the Earth revolves around me. It revolves around the Sun, which shines out of my ass.

skygod44
6,428 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 17, 2011 08:15 |  #81

yogestee wrote in post #12233618 (external link)

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
How did it go!?!??!?!!?!!
Any links to pics yet?!?!!!!?
:D

6D/7D and ALL Canon/Sigma gear SOLD!!!! Now: Olympus PEN EP-5 & OM-D EM-5 Mk2 and 8 lenses!

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 17, 2011 08:17 |  #82

skygod44 wrote in post #12238545 (external link)
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
How did it go!?!??!?!!?!!
Any links to pics yet?!?!!!!?
:D

I posted a couple of pics in the OLDER photographer's thread..

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

skygod44
6,428 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 17, 2011 08:18 |  #83

yogestee wrote in post #12238547 (external link)
I posted a couple of pics in the OLDER photographer's thread..

I think we're chasing each other across-threads!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
I'll leave this one, and stay in the OLDER thread to hear more!!!!!!
:-)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 18, 2011 06:34 |  #84

Well, gosh, when I was 14 -- actually things become a bit blurry...

When I was 12, in 1963, the Beatles showed up in the US -- I was in Junior High School and it was pretty exciting! My mom had introduced me to folk music, like Peter Paul and Mary, and then here came the Beatles!

And then on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas -- I remember walking into my shop class and then into the back room and listening to the live reports as our society changed...and then walking out onto the school grounds and seeing adults standing weeping...

So, then, yeah, life went on! Music, the Rock and Roll Revolution took hold. And hey, the early days of skateboarding, and I participated! A rough piece of wood with roller skate wheels, you could hammer down those hills, and in only weeks you could recover from your injuries!

And then, the teenage years and, yeah, there was truth to the saying that "if you remember the '60s then you weren't living them"...

Of course those of us who did live them and lived in the States remember another pretty grim reality of what we faced as we passed 18, but then...

What were we saying about being 14? It got kinda lost in the shuffle...

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Spacemunkie
Goldmember
1,543 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 18, 2011 06:49 |  #85

When I was 14 I used to get "writer's" cramp. A lot.

Scott/Spacemunkie:My photos (external link)

SkipD
Cream of the Crop
20,475 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Apr 18, 2011 08:08 |  #86

tonylong wrote in post #12244099 (external link)
Well, gosh, when I was 14 -- actually things become a bit blurry...

When I was 12, in 1963, the Beatles showed up in the US -- I was in Junior High School and it was pretty exciting! My mom had introduced me to folk music, like Peter Paul and Mary, and then here came the Beatles!

And then on November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas -- I remember walking into my shop class and then into the back room and listening to the live reports as our society changed...and then walking out onto the school grounds and seeing adults standing weeping...

So, then, yeah, life went on! Music, the Rock and Roll Revolution took hold. And hey, the early days of skateboarding, and I participated! A rough piece of wood with roller skate wheels, you could hammer down those hills, and in only weeks you could recover from your injuries!

And then, the teenage years and, yeah, there was truth to the saying that "if you remember the '60s then you weren't living them"...

Of course those of us who did live them and lived in the States remember another pretty grim reality of what we faced as we passed 18, but then...

What were we saying about being 14? It got kinda lost in the shuffle...

Those were "fun" times. November 22 is my Dad's birthday (he'll be 90 this year) and on his birthday in 1963 I was 16 and a senior in high school. He was in Iran then and we were in Columbus GA. He came home the next summer and we moved to Ft. Lewis WA. Since I was then only 17 and could not find a real job there, I joined the Army myself and ultimately went to Europe for a few years.

Skip Douglas
A few cameras and over 50 years behind them .....
..... but still learning all the time.

skygod44
6,428 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 18, 2011 08:16 |  #87

SkipD wrote in post #12244432 (external link)
Those were "fun" times. November 22 is my Dad's birthday (he'll be 90 this year) and on his birthday in 1963 I was 17 and a senior in high school. He was in Iran then and we were in Columbus GA. He came home the next summer and we moved to Ft. Lewis WA. Since I was 17 and could not find a real job there, I joined the Army myself and ultimately went to Europe for a few years.

Really? November 22nd is my mother's birthday!!!!
She's often said that it was staggering for her when JFK was assassinated on her birthday...
:-(

SkipD
Cream of the Crop
20,475 posts
Joined Dec 2002

Apr 18, 2011 08:40 |  #88

skygod44 wrote in post #12244466 (external link)
Really? November 22nd is my mother's birthday!!!!
She's often said that it was staggering for her when JFK was assassinated on her birthday...

Oddly enough, I have never heard my Dad make mention of it and since he was out of the country in late 1963, I didn't put two and two together for several more years.

There are some things Dad doesn't talk about much such as being one of the first US Army officers to find the camp at Dachau, Germany, in 1945. Maybe this fits the same mold.

Skip Douglas
A few cameras and over 50 years behind them .....
..... but still learning all the time.

skygod44
6,428 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 18, 2011 08:58 |  #89

SkipD wrote in post #12244560 (external link)
Oddly enough, I have never heard my Dad make mention of it and since he was out of the country in late 1963, I didn't put two and two together for several more years.

There are some things Dad doesn't talk about much such as being one of the first US Army officers to find the camp at Dachau, Germany, in 1945. Maybe this fits the same mold.

Hmm...I went to Dachau with my parents when I popped over to stay when Dad was in the RAF and posted near Dusseldorf. No, Dachau wasn't a pleasant place, even then, in 1988.
And the photos all over the camp make it pretty clear it was Hell on earth in 1945....
Again, a reason why we should "never forget", even if those who went to places such as Dachau would very much like to forget.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 18, 2011 16:30 |  #90

SkipD wrote in post #12244560 (external link)

If you've seen The Band of Brothers, there toward the end when they find the camp, you can certainly understand why one would be reticent to talk about some things...

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links

10,765 views & 0 likes for this thread
Kids and their nice cameras...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.