Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 14 Apr 2011 (Thursday) 13:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Easter Pic Ideas?

doublehmom
983 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 16, 2011 16:19 |  #16

Stacey, Those are really great shots. Where did you buy your seamless paper?

kjsimz1103
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 16, 2011 23:59 |  #17

As for ideas indoors. I think a shallower depth of field will really help you here. Also possibly move in for more of a tighter shot. Get those eggs and basket enough out of focus where theyre not as distracting. And for your lighting. The lighting in the indoor ones is good. However studio lighting will ultimately give you different results. Window light can be beautiful. Just needs to be harnessed. Also I see you said you saw other natural light pictures with the same camera look great. They may have looked great but they were probably under different conditions than you were dealing with here. You can have the best camera in the world but you need awesome lighting to really make it shine. Good luck with your shots!

elipkin
375 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 17, 2011 06:35 |  #18

I just posted it separately, then saw this thread and could not resist

IMAGE: http://photo.lipkin.net/img/s3/v23/p817102144-5.jpg

Eugene
Gallery (external link)
Model Mayhem (external link)

Stacey8221
THREAD ­ STARTER
828 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 17, 2011 23:00 |  #19

doublehmom wrote in post #12235306 (external link)
Stacey, Those are really great shots. Where did you buy your seamless paper?

Thank you! I got this paticular roll at a local photography/camera store but next time I buy it I will be ordering from B&H :)

kjsimz1103 wrote in post #12237398 (external link)
As for ideas indoors. I think a shallower depth of field will really help you here. Also possibly move in for more of a tighter shot. Get those eggs and basket enough out of focus where theyre not as distracting. And for your lighting. The lighting in the indoor ones is good. However studio lighting will ultimately give you different results. Window light can be beautiful. Just needs to be harnessed. Also I see you said you saw other natural light pictures with the same camera look great. They may have looked great but they were probably under different conditions than you were dealing with here. You can have the best camera in the world but you need awesome lighting to really make it shine. Good luck with your shots!

Thanks for all the tips! Very true that lighting makes a HUGE difference!

elipkin wrote in post #12238344 (external link)
I just posted it separately, then saw this thread and could not resist
QUOTED IMAGE

Super cute!

5Dmkii, 50D* 50mm1.4* 24-70L* 480EX* 100-300

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,206 views & 0 likes for this thread
Easter Pic Ideas?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.