Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 31 Jan 2010 (Sunday) 00:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone else buy the Spider Holster?

DigiNon
885 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 30, 2011 23:55 |  #46

I just received the holster and from my first impression I can say this is quality product. Top notch. Only gripe I have so far is that it was a bit difficult adjusting the belt to my waist size. Mostly because the whole strap is held in place with velcro. That is a great feature because it helps the belt from loosening up and eventually start to sag down lower. I will put it to the test this weekend and let you guys know my thoughts.

l Mario l AE-1P l EOS 5 l 5Dc l 5DII l 17-40L l 35L l 50 1.4 l 100L l 70-200L II l

sponsored links
dog ­ rocket
931 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 05, 2011 23:22 |  #47

Still trying to be patiently awaiting the arrival of mine. Was bummed to receive a "just shipped" notification 5 days after placing my order. Since I'm on the left coast that means 2 full weeks from order to my grubby hands. That day should be tomorrow... finally! :)

Randy...

npompei
563 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Apr 06, 2011 06:28 |  #48

I have used mine 2x now for weddings - could not be happier. This thing absolutely rocks! High quality, solid, sturdy, etc.

I can grab my 2nd body in no time. The exchange is super fast. You don't need to lock the camera in to place, as sometimes that takes a few more seconds to get it out. So most of the time I leave it in the unlocked position. Only when I am moving around a lot or something will I lock it in.

Totally worth the money, and could not think of a better more unobtrusive way to carry my 2nd body.

2 thumbs WAY up!

www.nickpompei.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5d3-gripped / Canon 5d / Canon EOS M / Phottix Mitros + (3) / Tamron 17-35 (2.8-4.0) / Tamron 28-75 (2.8) / Canon 35L / Canon 50 (1.4) / Sigma 85 (1.4) / Canon 70-200(2.8)IS

DigiNon
885 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 06, 2011 15:28 |  #49

Anyone have a good idea on how to clean the belt after a while? I tend to sweat a lot and I'm heading out soon for a shoot at the beach. I'm sure it will get the worst of me by the end of the shoot. lol

l Mario l AE-1P l EOS 5 l 5Dc l 5DII l 17-40L l 35L l 50 1.4 l 100L l 70-200L II l

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 17, 2011 07:17 |  #50

Ok .... so I'm about to order the dual system ....

How do the errmm slightly overweight people find wearing the belt i.e if worn slightly loose do your trousers stay put :)

Simon Revill
Wedding Photographer (external link)

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 17, 2011 08:18 |  #51
bannedPermanent ban

Simon you look as fit as ever from that avatar!

Regards
Paul L.

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 17, 2011 09:31 |  #52

MR do little wrote in post #12238549 (external link)
Simon you look as fit as ever from that avatar!

Its deceptive ! :oops:

Simon Revill

DigiNon
885 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 17, 2011 19:48 |  #53

I'm on the heavy side and I can tell you that you will want to adjust it nice and snug because after a few hours of wearing it, it will loosen up a bit and feel just right. My first time using this spider holster system I had it fit very snug to my waist, it wasn't a problem until I had bend/kneel down. It bothers my stomach a bit but like I said, after a few hours it loosen up and it fits just fine. Now the camera's weight brings the side of the holster down just a bit but it never droops down. As far as your pants falling down, as long as you have a belt on I don't see it becoming a problem. My last time using this system I was wearing jean shorts with no belt and didn't have a problem. My first time though, I was wearing basketball shorts and those definitely were falling down frequently lol.

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 18, 2011 01:38 |  #54

Thanks Mario

Simon Revill

DigiNon
885 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 18, 2011 13:24 |  #55

No problem Simon. You will definitely love it, that's for sure. Adding some ThinkTank belt bags to this is awesome as well. I love it.

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 18, 2011 13:26 |  #56

DigiNon wrote in post #12246379 (external link)
No problem Simon. You will definitely love it, that's for sure. Adding some ThinkTank belt bags to this is awesome as well. I love it.

Ordered Yesterday and have already had confirmation of shipping and tracking details :)

Simon Revill

DigiNon
885 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Apr 18, 2011 13:37 |  #57

One more thing, I don't know if you've read the section of their site about Maintenance (external link), but they suggest you use a dry lubricant to "maintain the longest life of both the Insert and your Pins". They suggest you buy this: White Lightining Clean Ride lubricant (external link). One or two drops on a q-tip and rub it on the insert, that's how I do it. I'm sure you will be using yours way more than me since you're a busy wedding photographer so this will be a good thing to keep in mind every other week of using this holster system.

spxxxx
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 18, 2011 13:41 |  #58

DigiNon wrote in post #12246474 (external link)
One more thing, I don't know if you've read the section of their site about Maintenance (external link), but they suggest you use a dry lubricant to "maintain the longest life of both the Insert and your Pins". They suggest you buy this: White Lightining Clean Ride lubricant (external link). One or two drops on a q-tip and rub it on the insert, that's how I do it. I'm sure you will be using yours way more than me since you're a busy wedding photographer so this will be a good thing to keep in mind every other week of using this holster system.

Thanks for that !!

Simon Revill

iwasinvertedx
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 18, 2011 18:28 |  #59

i've been wanting to pick up a pair of these, but they are very pricey.
i used to use two cotton carrier holsters, but they were took bulky.
I keep trying to convince myself to buy them, but i've been getting along just fine with straps for years.

Portfolio (external link)

rejay14
Goldmember
1,054 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 19, 2011 00:06 as a reply to  @ spxxxx's post |  #60

Visit your local Police Supply store. We wear two belts on duty: an inner belt in belt loops and an outer (gun, radio, mag etc belt) attached with "keepers`....these keepers snap around the outer and inner belts to form a cohesive unit. They should only be 2-3$ and you should use at least 4. »»»»»Keep me posted on the results please!!

1DX Mark II, 5D Mark IV, 40D,Rebel XT :lol:, 70-200L 2.8 IS II, 100-400L IS II,24-105 II L, 100mmL 2.8 IS, 16-35L 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8L II, Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art, Sekonic 758DR, Pixma 9500 II, Pixma 9000 II, Think Tank Airport Accelerator v2.0, Canon 600EX-RT x 5, Profoto B1 x 4 with too many modifiers http:// …www.PrestigePhotoPro.c​om (external link) Portfolio (external link)
Concert Photography (external link)

sponsored links

23,609 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone else buy the Spider Holster?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.