Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite!

this thread is locked
Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 22, 2011 10:01 |  #7351

I like the dirtyness. >:D

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i7.photobucket.​com …nVixen89/dirtyc​ountry.jpg (external link)

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

sponsored links
Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 22, 2011 10:12 |  #7352

Nice shot Vixen, but carefulon that added vignette, it becomes intrusive ;)

Hi, I'm David.

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 22, 2011 10:16 |  #7353
bannedPermanent ban

All you need to do is put a MG on top of the car and call it a small Humvee:D

Vixen89 wrote in post #12271951 (external link)
I like the dirtyness. >:D

QUOTED IMAGE

Glueeater wrote in post #12271901 (external link)
Haha, I suppose? It's an HDR technique. I shot three pictures at three exposures in manual mode, you have to at least give me that much?

I never use HDR in any of my pictures, but yes I like your picture.;)

Gear List

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 22, 2011 10:17 |  #7354

Rivest wrote in post #12272004 (external link)
Nice shot Vixen, but carefulon that added vignette, it becomes intrusive ;)

Yeah I know, only once in awhile will I even bother with vignette to be honest. I trained my mind to not think to even bother vignetting unless the lens hood caused it. T_T

...what to do about the sunspot. D<

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i7.photobucket.​com …RockinVixen89/6​157_fb.jpg (external link)

CanonEOS wrote in post #12272030 (external link)
All you need to do is put a MG on top of the car and call it a small Humvee:D

I never use HDR in any of my pictures, but yes I like your picture.;)

Humvee!! LOL

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

Dr.D
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 22, 2011 10:19 |  #7355

CanonEOS wrote in post #12271078 (external link)
Nice pictures, I wish I lived there.;)

I have seen the lowepro fastpack 350 in the shop today, what put me off buying one is, you can only add one 70-200mm and thats on the camera, and put just two more lenses in the padded compartments thats it, I also think there is allot of waste of space on the side where the dslr camera sits in the bag, and there is nothing to stop it moving in the bag, also when you want to change the lens over you have to put it down somewhere, one of the main problem was the tripod, there is no side straps to hold one, and it's only at bottom of the bag, that will be a real pain (on your backside) when you walk or when you want to sit somewhere Yes you can add a 16" laptop but some camera bags now have this feature also. But why would need to log around a bigger laptop on a walkabout adding more weight to your gear!.

I think the Lowepro flipside 400 AW, IMO as more space for future lenses or another dslr body and a small video camera, you never need to put it on the ground to change over lenses, and no theft can enter the bag to you camera because it's at the back of you, also the tripod sits at the back or on the sided of the bag, and yes you can add a small laptop.for less weight. it's always better to have more padded compartments than not have it.

I have the 400 and think it's great. My one gripe about it is the tripod mount being on the back. To slide the pack in front of you and open it from the back like it was intended just doesn't work if you have a tripod mounted, you end up putting it on the ground and with the pod being on the back the it ends up tipping over if you set it down. Also the way the tripod mount was designed holds the feet of the pod in a pouch that hangs below the pack so if you put the pack down the pod pops out of the pouch and have to keep putting it back in.

6D . Gripped 60D . Gripped XSI . Opteka 6.5 . Canon 10-22 . Canon 18-135 . Canon 50 1.8 MKII . Canon 24-105 f4 L . Canon 70-200 2.8 IS MKII L . Canon 70-300 IS USM . Sigma 150-600 . Canon 100mm Macro . Canon 2X III . 430 EXII . Manfroto 190XPROB . Manfrotto 055XPROB . Black Rapid Sport . Outback 200
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1195651

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 22, 2011 10:22 |  #7356

Dr.D wrote in post #12272045 (external link)
I have the 400 and think it's great. My one gripe about it is the tripod mount being on the back. To slide the pack in front of you and open it from the back like it was intended just doesn't work if you have a tripod mounted, you end up putting it on the ground and with the pod being on the back the it ends up tipping over if you set it down. Also the way the tripod mount was designed holds the feet of the pod in a pouch that hangs below the pack so if you put the pack down the pod pops out of the pouch and have to keep putting it back in.

I have the 400 as well and I think it's a great bag, and well I never mounted a tripod to it because I have my own tripod bag for the guy, but yah that bag never comes off my back and if it does it's to swap and goes right back on me and it's sooooo comfortable.

JAnders
223 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 22, 2011 10:36 |  #7357

I got back around 11:00 last night from a very long business trip and settled down with a glass of whiskey and my 60D and just took pictures of my living room for fun! Not a very good picture but at least I was able to get the camera out of the bag and exercise the shutter!

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5643121811_73096de831_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/cjanders/564312​1811/  (external link)

adun99
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 22, 2011 11:05 |  #7358

share my picture

i just want share my picture sorry if the picture not good , i using 60D and 135 mm L . i newbie

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,242 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 22, 2011 11:08 |  #7359

adun99 wrote in post #12272393 (external link)
i just want share my picture sorry if the picture not good , i using 60D and 135 mm L . i newbie

Welcome !

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,242 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Apr 22, 2011 11:11 |  #7360

Vixen89 wrote in post #12272034 (external link)
...what to do about the sunspot. D<

in Lightroom, in some cases I can decrease a color like if its a purple flare - if it does not impact on the rest of the image negatively.

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 22, 2011 11:14 |  #7361

adun99 wrote in post #12272393 (external link)

I think it's a good picture, shows a lot of expression!!

Immaculens wrote in post #12272424 (external link)
in Lightroom, in some cases I can decrease a color like if its a purple flare - if it does not impact on the rest of the image negatively.

I'm still messing with it personally, but the client really likes the sunspot. It just bothers me greatly though! I left it alone for now, but if I ever get another spot like that I'm gonna try and delete it. xD

adun99
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 22, 2011 11:16 |  #7362

got someone in here using picture style ?

adun99
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 22, 2011 11:21 as a reply to  @ Vixen89's post |  #7363

thank you very much, I took the photograph at java jazz festival in Indonesia. but i cannot do editing that picture :sad:

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 22, 2011 11:37 |  #7364
bannedPermanent ban

Dr.D wrote in post #12272045 (external link)

Thanks for the info on the bag I wanted to have a safe camera bag from thefts getting in, can you put the tripod on the side of the bag I have seen two straps on top on both side of the bag? and where can you put the laptop?

Vixen89 wrote in post #12272072 (external link)
I have the 400 as well and I think it's a great bag, and well I never mounted a tripod to it because I have my own tripod bag for the guy, but yah that bag never comes off my back and if it does it's to swap and goes right back on me and it's sooooo comfortable.

Thats what I also wanted to know is it comfortable to use, because some bags are not and I don't want to buy a camera that Screams theft come and get me. I also think a tripod bag is good but you have to carry both.

Is it also easy to add the weather sheet on the bag and can you still open you bag with it on?

Gear List

3DZukini
Goldmember
1,297 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 22, 2011 12:28 |  #7365

Keyan wrote in post #12271047 (external link)
I have a lowpro fastpak 100 - not a ton of room, but it's great for taking a couple of short lenses (I have a case for my 50 so I can pack all 3 of them in there..) and walking around. Also has webbing for water bottles etc.

I plan on asking for the 350 for father's day - enough space to easily fit everything and my laptop for taking it on longer trips.

On that flash pic - why not just use the 60D's built in wireless flash commander feature?

On the flash pic I was just playing and testing it out, I got a receiver for it so I can put it inside car interiors or behind objects together with my AB800's for extra lighting... where I wouldn't normally have line of sight. I still need to pick up some gels and start playing around with some random extra light stuff but for now I'm more worried about getting ready to shoot my first wedding next weekend.... yikes :)

Call me Erich. :) 6D, 60D | 18-135 IS | 50 ƒ1.8 | 28-75 ƒ2.8 | 24-105 ƒ4L | 70-200 ƒ2.8L II | 11-16 ƒ2.8
Flickr (external link) ~ 500px (external link) ~ Taproll (external link) ~ effectivimage
 (external link)

sponsored links

1,700,742 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.