Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite!

this thread is locked
Soryn ­ S.
55 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 24, 2011 07:05 |  #7426

[URL="http://[URL]www.​flickr.com/photos/sori​n_schiop/5643729361/in​/photostream/lightbox/​"][URL="http://[URL]ww​w.flickr.com/photos/so​rin_schiop/5644383896/​in/photostream/lightbo​x/"][URL]http://www.fl​ickr.com/photos/sorin_​schiop/5643729361/in/p​hotostream/lightbox/

Canon 5D Mark III , EF 24-70 f/2.8L , EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II , 600EX-RT , ST-E3-RT

sponsored links
Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 24, 2011 07:42 as a reply to  @ Soryn S.'s post |  #7427

Canon 10-22 test shots. + 60D

My car is still broken, but should be fixed by Monday. Haven't been able to drive myself anywhere in several months, which has been super depressing. Funny how I put the priority of a new lens over fixing my car!!! That's super dedication right there. It sucks even more being in cool places without the proper lens to capture the moment, so it was the right choice.

Living in the suburbs sucks balls, but I did manage to get out on my bike yesterday and find some boring stuff halfway worth shooting. I'm getting really snobby about subjects these days. Once you've been spoiled, it's hard to go back. ;)

Being stuck has really showed me how much I need a new computer too. Believe it or not, I am still using a 2003 Pentium Laptop with 512 megs of ram, and Photoshop 5.1. Painfully slow, especially since my work computer is a screamer. I work as a video game designer and fast machines are mandatory for that work. :cool:

At least these are not shots of my cat or dog, right? :lol:

This lens is a very difficult lens to use as a walkaround zoom. Most of my shots turn out looking like wide point and shoot tourist photos. LoL. I am going to keep the Sigma 17-70 on for that, and pull this puppy out for shots that need it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Canon 10-22 Lens Test #1 (external link) by Johan_7 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Canon 10-22 Lens Test #2 (external link) by Johan_7 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Canon 10-22 Lens Test #3 (external link) by Johan_7 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Canon 10-22 Lens Test #4 (external link) by Johan_7 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Canon 10-22 Lens Test #5 (external link) by Johan_7 (external link), on Flickr

My 500PX (external link)

jmschwartz
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 24, 2011 07:46 as a reply to  @ Canon_Lover's post |  #7428

I really like your self-proclaimed, "boring stuff halfway worth shooting." We can learn something every time we snap the shutter, so to speak. Thanks again.

Rgds,
Jim

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 24, 2011 07:47 |  #7429

Soryn S. wrote in post #12282346 (external link)
[URL="http://[URL]www.​flickr.com/photos/sori​n_schiop/5643729361/in​/photostream/lightbox/​"][URL="http://[URL]ww​w.flickr.com/photos/so​rin_schiop/5644383896/​in/photostream/lightbo​x/"][URL]http://www.fl​ickr.com/photos/sorin_​schiop/5643729361/in/p​hotostream/lightbox/

Good work Soryn! Honestly, your pictures are far better than a lot of people who are new to DSLRs. You have a good sense of photography, keep it up!

I think this photo is your best. Plus, do you know how to post pictures into you forum posts? We can show you how if you don't know.

[URL="http://[URL]www.​flickr.com/photos/sori​n_schiop/5643729361/"]​[URL]http://www.flickr​.com/photos/sorin_schi​op/5643729361/

My 500PX (external link)

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Apr 24, 2011 07:55 |  #7430

jmschwartz wrote in post #12282439 (external link)
I really like your self-proclaimed, "boring stuff halfway worth shooting." We can learn something every time we snap the shutter, so to speak. Thanks again.

Rgds,
Jim

About 95% of my photos are test shots that will never be seen by anyone but myself. Even without good subjects, you are right, they can all help learning.

My 500PX (external link)

jdironman32
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 24, 2011 08:18 as a reply to  @ post 12275051 |  #7431

How did you got the waterfall shot nice?

ranger50
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Apr 24, 2011 08:21 as a reply to  @ jdironman32's post |  #7432

Happy Easter everyone.;):D

EOS 60D/ 70-200L/ Sunpak PF30X/ Sunpak 6600PG platinum Plus ball head Tripod 59.95 / Pelican S.S. Large Military Camera case
It's better to have it and not need it, Than to need it, and not have it.;)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 24, 2011 08:49 |  #7433

Woah, had a huge shooting day yesterday, event shots, studio shots, sports shots, two bodies, 4 lens and 3 flashes! I learned a lot and gain a lot of experience. I had to print the official team picture on the spot, that was a challenge!

Best part of that? I did all my processing as soon as I got home yesterday, so I'm free today! :D

Happy Easter everyone :)

Hi, I'm David.

BXPhoto
Goldmember
2,170 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 24, 2011 09:00 |  #7434

jmschwartz wrote in post #12282439 (external link)

Rgds,
Jim

Im the same way about models I book for TF work these days. Before I would shoot most any girl/guy who looked decent in their portfolios, but now I really look through them to truly make sure that I can benefit from them. I basicly pick them apart before I even write them back. Automobile work is the same thing, I ask for a mods/sponsor list before I consider TF work as well. Paid work, anything goes..... But if you want me to get off my couch, put my ipad down, quit posting on POTN and drag out tens of thousands of dollars in gear to shoot you for free, you better be worth it....

My name is Andrew and I like Canon's!!!
Gearlist and Feedback
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
BeXposed Photography on ModelMayhem (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 24, 2011 09:03 |  #7435

^^ I like that attitude ;).

Hi, I'm David.

Anona
64 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Apr 24, 2011 09:30 as a reply to  @ Canon_Lover's post |  #7436

Hey C-Lover...How lucky you are to have that new trick lens and....sun in Seattle! Good work. PS: If a 70-year-old can still have "puppy love", I have it for my 10-22!

Memory_Junction
317 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 24, 2011 09:45 |  #7437

[QUOTE=CyberManiaK;122​81756]Memory_Junctin . Haines Road, Yukon Territory is awesome !!

Thanks! I love the framing in your Palm Spring photo -a thin strip of colour contrasted with the monotone mountains.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain.
http://www.memory-junction.com/external link

Memory_Junction
317 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 24, 2011 10:07 |  #7438

Canon_Lover wrote in post #12282427 (external link)
My car is still broken, but should be fixed by Monday. Haven't been able to drive myself anywhere in several months, which has been super depressing. Funny how I put the priority of a new lens over fixing my car!!! That's super dedication right there. It sucks even more being in cool places without the proper lens to capture the moment, so it was the right choice.

Living in the suburbs sucks balls, but I did manage to get out on my bike yesterday and find some boring stuff halfway worth shooting. I'm getting really snobby about subjects these days. Once you've been spoiled, it's hard to go back. ;)

Being stuck has really showed me how much I need a new computer too. Believe it or not, I am still using a 2003 Pentium Laptop with 512 megs of ram, and Photoshop 5.1. Painfully slow, especially since my work computer is a screamer. I work as a video game designer and fast machines are mandatory for that work. :cool:

At least these are not shots of my cat or dog, right? :lol:

This lens is a very difficult lens to use as a walkaround zoom. Most of my shots turn out looking like wide point and shoot tourist photos. LoL. I am going to keep the Sigma 17-70 on for that, and pull this puppy out for shots that need it.

Love the first shot! Great use of point of view, and the contrasting colours. Not much is green up here yet. Haven't even seen a crocus bloom. Last year I was out on a photo club workshop. It was an utterly boring early winter day in Whitehorse. The woods were lifeless, mostly covered with snow, and we had flat, overcast lighting. Yet we all managed to come out of it with "keepers," and the slideshow we put together at the end was great. I would never have believed that all those cool pictures were there waiting. The lesson in it for me is that you may have to dig deeper, but great pictures can be found anywhere. Anytime.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain.
http://www.memory-junction.com/external link

BXPhoto
Goldmember
2,170 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 24, 2011 10:07 |  #7439

Rivest wrote in post #12282654 (external link)
^^ I like that attitude ;).

LOL ive actually been wanting to rant about that for weeks now.

My name is Andrew and I like Canon's!!!
Gearlist and Feedback
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
BeXposed Photography on ModelMayhem (external link)

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 24, 2011 10:16 |  #7440
bannedPermanent ban

So if the filpside 300, can carry a 12" laptop what will a flipside 400 AW carry in laptop? I haven't seen any 300 AW here in the shops so I can't vs it with the (400 AW) the 400 aw is about $146, thta's 950rmb in HK, I don't really want to take off the 60D girp if I can't fit a laptop in my new 400aw bag it don't matter but I will see when I buy it. The youtube.com is banned in China so I can see it.

Dr.D wrote in post #12278218 (external link)
Sorry this is the 300. I think the laptop is a 12in., but has a little wiggle room. I paid about $70USD so not sure what that converts to. It will hold a 60D gripped, but then you lose the room for the laptop. You could always take the grip off and put it in another part of the bag though.

From left top down-A 430EX and wall charger.
Middle down-light sphear and 18-135 mounted on the 60D
Right down-50mm and 75-300
I think this is similar to what you want to carry, so if you wanted to put the grip in the pouch under the camera and your small camcorder in the spot I have the light sphear this might work for you. Also the wife's P/S could go next to the camera since there is a little room by the grip. Id did find this though-http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=cJH3gr9NLeM (external link)

Sorry dlsfever I made a mistake. because it looks like a 400AW.

dlsfever wrote in post #12280354 (external link)
*Dr. D corrected himself and it is a Flipside 300 in the pictures. No wonder it looks exactly like mine. :)

Gear List

sponsored links

1,659,015 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.