Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 19:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Screwed... Aren't I???

akeefer
THREAD ­ STARTER
392 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 23, 2011 20:59 |  #76

Wow, check this thread out:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1029751

"I have found my potential buyers" Or better said, my potential victims! Man, that sucks, hopefully no one deals with this guy!!

Lover of fine Single Malt Whisky, Apple Products, and Photography

sponsored links
MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 21:31 |  #77

akeefer wrote in post #12280484 (external link)
Wow, check this thread out:
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1029751

"I have found my potential buyers" Or better said, my potential victims! Man, that sucks, hopefully no one deals with this guy!!

saw that myself. Beyond sketchy.

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 21:37 |  #78

DreDaze wrote in post #12279701 (external link)
eh...now i wonder about the o.p. since he's been active on here since this was resurrected, but no more info...it'd be good to have it all out so i can know who i can or can't buy lenses from...

akeefer wrote in post #12280471 (external link)
Whoa whoa whoa guys!!! Give me a break! I've sold all my Canon stuff and went to Nikon so I haven't been on here recently but I HAVE NOT HEARD A SINGLE WORD FROM THE SELLER SINCE THAT LAST ONE ABOUT PAYPAL SCREWING UP. HE STILL HAS MY $620 AND I HAVE NO LENS.

It's really annoying and I'm going to make sure he never shows his face on this forum again. I just hope he found a good way to use my money he stole from me. Hopefully someday he can repay me.

Still scammed,
Aaron

I was about to comment on this--I saw your sig about going Nikon--which to me was a pretty good indicator that the 15-85 was never received, so you switched parties, and gave up here (not too many non-canon users here after all :D).

Unfortunately, it'll be hard to prove fraud and get the guy banned. You can provide documentation of the payment to the mods, but they'd have to be proactive about requesting a tracking number from the "seller". I just don't see that happening. Regarding the buy/sell sections, it's mostly "won't touch that with a 10-foot pole" around here. Caveat emptor--it's the wild west baby!

Unfortunately, you don't have anything beyond the guys name and paypal email. If you had his address, at least you could do something about it.

My Gearlist

HoosierJoe
Goldmember
2,575 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 23, 2011 22:33 |  #79

I got screwed once on ebay with a lens. The lens was damaged and I had to send it for repair. Won't go into the whole story but I was out the repair cost. It didn't make me give up on canon or ebay. Just more careful.

That seller is still on potn and still selling.

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12280642 (external link)
I was about to comment on this--I saw your sig about going Nikon--which to me was a pretty good indicator that the 15-85 was never received, so you switched parties, and gave up here (not too many non-canon users here after all :D).

Unfortunately, it'll be hard to prove fraud and get the guy banned. You can provide documentation of the payment to the mods, but they'd have to be proactive about requesting a tracking number from the "seller". I just don't see that happening. Regarding the buy/sell sections, it's mostly "won't touch that with a 10-foot pole" around here. Caveat emptor--it's the wild west baby!

Unfortunately, you don't have anything beyond the guys name and paypal email. If you had his address, at least you could do something about it.

Ain't nothin but a thing.

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 22:39 |  #80

HoosierJoe wrote in post #12280947 (external link)
I got screwed once on ebay with a lens. The lens was damaged and I had to send it for repair. Won't go into the whole story but I was out the repair cost. It didn't make me give up on canon or ebay. Just more careful.

That seller is still on potn and still selling.

Why didn't you just send it back to the seller? You'd have gotten all of your money back with a dispute.

My Gearlist

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 23, 2011 23:01 |  #81

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12280617 (external link)
saw that myself. Beyond sketchy.

Look at his first ten posts or so, all responding to WTBs including the 5D2 and 1D3.

Flickr (external link)

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 23:20 |  #82

K6AZ wrote in post #12281056 (external link)
Look at his first ten posts or so, all responding to WTBs including the 5D2 and 1D3.

Is that supposed to be good or bad? :D Either way, a brand new member selling all of that high-end junk and ONLY accepting PP Gift is a massive massive red flag. The shopped sticky note makes it even worse.

My Gearlist

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 23, 2011 23:50 |  #83

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12281176 (external link)
Is that supposed to be good or bad? :D Either way, a brand new member selling all of that high-end junk and ONLY accepting PP Gift is a massive massive red flag. The shopped sticky note makes it even worse.

That was pretty lame. Some scammers are slicker than others but that guy isn't one of them. Hope that 'shopped sticky kept people from sending him money.

Flickr (external link)

akeefer
THREAD ­ STARTER
392 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 24, 2011 00:58 |  #84

I hope so too. On the switch to Nikon, not getting the lens just made me look at the options. I got a killer deal on a Nikon D7000 with printer combo and picked up a 35mm f/2 and a 16-85mm. Now also have the 70-300mm VR. It's pretty nice. Very similar to Canon but has it's plus and minuses.

Overall I'm happy. for now ;-)a

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,184 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Apr 24, 2011 01:04 |  #85

i pmed the potential scammer about this thread...hoping he'd come in here to clear it up...well he's quick about pming me back...2 in the last half hour...i'm not buying from anyone involved here though...not worth a headache...

hopefully everything get's resolved...although doesn't seem likely

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

akeefer
THREAD ­ STARTER
392 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 24, 2011 01:42 |  #86

Wow, so he responds to you? I sent him a PM today but he hasn't sent anything back. =(

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 24, 2011 02:14 |  #87

akeefer wrote in post #12281727 (external link)
Wow, so he responds to you? I sent him a PM today but he hasn't sent anything back. =(

Would you want to respond to the person you scammed?  :p He ain't got the stones!

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 24, 2011 02:27 |  #88

Out of morbid curiosity, I did some looking back, and oh dear gawd *facepalm*
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1016349

Urge to kill rising.

My Gearlist

mpix345
Goldmember
2,855 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 24, 2011 07:53 |  #89

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12281867 (external link)
Out of morbid curiosity, I did some looking back, and oh dear gawd *facepalm*
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1016349

Urge to kill rising.

For those who think it is not worthwhile to Google a username check this out from a month ago: http://www.pbnation.co​m …ead.php?t=35622​56&page=62 (external link)

Check out the PM I just got on POTN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popolopogous
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffByrne
[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by John Popolopogous
[I]Hello,
I am as paypal verified as I'll ever be. I refuse to give them access to my bank account, but I have attatched a credit card and verified my email. I'm selling gear for my friends and family and this happens to be one of them. The body has 1200 clicks on it and is pretty much pristine. There are no smears (I took the liberty of cleaning it yesterday), no scratches, no dents. Comes with the original box and manual. My friend is asking for $5500, which is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Thanks,
John P. on behalf of Rhuhbarb Kim

$5500 for a 1DMKii?! I'm sorry if I come off rude, but i'm not an idiot.

Excuse me? Are we talking about the same camera? Here is a different retail seller with a similar price. http://www.amazon.com/​Canon-EOS-1D-8.../dp/B0001G112O (external link)

Thanks,
John P.

Stump
772 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 24, 2011 08:19 |  #90

Wow, that shopped sticky note was awesome! I would be embarrassed to even try something that stupid on someone.

I've done a lot of deals here, and never had a problem. I hate that a scammer like this has to put us all on alert and make buying a selling that much more difficult for those of us who aren't out to screw someone over.

6D - 50 1.8 - 50 1.4 - 70-200F4L

sponsored links

8,546 views & 0 likes for this thread
Screwed... Aren't I???
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.