Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 11 Apr 2011 (Monday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is it wrong to ask questions and than decide not to buy?

itf
72 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Apr 23, 2011 22:08 |  #46

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12210310 (external link)
You may not like bargaining, but you may have no choice but to accept an offer. A lot of times, all you'll get are offers. I'm resigned to consider all offers--but once they start asking for 5-10% off the asking price, that enters low-ball territory. There is an etiquette to bargaining, that's for sure.

I got an offer of 900 dollars on a brand new unopened 14-24mm when my listing price was 1500. That REALLY pissed me off.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2011 22:20 |  #47

itf wrote in post #12280802 (external link)
I got an offer of 900 dollars on a brand new unopened 14-24mm when my listing price was 1500. That REALLY pissed me off.

REASONABLE offers :D

I'd be pissed off too. Those ones I ignore. You can't even work with an offer like that. Those types tend to be the worst to work with in the long run. If they say, hey, $1350, at least you can try to go somewhere with that.

My Gearlist

Stump
772 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 24, 2011 09:29 |  #48

Rigby470 wrote in post #12203741 (external link)
Perhaps it was because your initial question had nothing to do about price, but whether it was v2 or not. Seems to me that if the price was a factor, that would have been your first question.

JMO.

maverick678 wrote in post #12204190 (external link)
I'd be annoyed too if I were the seller.

I agree with these two. Generally, if I'm interested in buying an item and its overpriced I will just make an offer.

If my offer isn't accepted then I don't badger them about their price as I don't expect someone to change it for me unless that's what they want to do.

6D - 50 1.8 - 50 1.4 - 70-200F4L

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,012 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is it wrong to ask questions and than decide not to buy?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.