Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 27 Sep 2010 (Monday) 22:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

F-stop Loka looks like a winner

Fstop-Ian
329 posts
Joined May 2009

Apr 14, 2011 05:54 |  #166

PilotBrad wrote in post #12215905 (external link)
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I am going to order a Loka... no a Tilopa BC.... no wait a Loka... but now I am having a hard time deciding on either the Black or Grey Mist color.

This is obviously a hiking bag and it will get get used in some muddy/dirty conditions and I am curious to know how the Grey Mist has held up in actual use; has it shown signs of staining or becoming dirty over time?

Funny time to catch this thread, I was just out on a mountain tour, during the last hour hike out my friends 'other brand' bag shoulder strap broke, about 100m from the car his other strap broke (it was an old).

By chance I had a box with a Loka and Tilopa prototype and one original (3years old) Tilopa, all in Grey mist. I let him choose one to replace his bag and was really surprised to see how clean the bags still were. He chose the very old Tilopa which I have put a lot of miles on.

This is not F-Stop propaganda this was about an hour ago, provided I just finished an 8hour ski tour that was hell and I may not have been seeing clearly :)

If you have support related questions regarding F-Stop Gear, please email an@fstopgear.com (external link) or visit www.fstopgear.com (external link)

sponsored links
Jericobot
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 14, 2011 06:02 |  #167

Shopping for the darker colored loka now, it looks so sweet

α7ii + (batis 25 f2 / zeiss 55 f1,8 / macro 90 f2,8)
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

Big ­ Bull
130 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 15, 2011 10:57 as a reply to  @ Jericobot's post |  #168

Ian, I bought my Loka with sm and lg icu in January, but am still waiting for the med icu. Any idea when they will be available? By the way, the Loka rocks!

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 15, 2011 12:27 |  #169

Ian he's a lucky friend!
Your equipment interests me; however, I live on the other side of the Border. Sometimes hard to see the good gear in action to see if I have a need.
Best
DaveL
Toronto

Dave

Big ­ Bull
130 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 24, 2011 13:51 |  #170

Big Bull wrote in post #12227728 (external link)
Ian, I bought my Loka with sm and lg icu in January, but am still waiting for the med icu. Any idea when they will be available? By the way, the Loka rocks!

Sounds like the new ICU shipment has arrived and are shipping now!
F-stop Loka rocks!

Bollan
635 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 26, 2011 20:37 |  #171

So happy to finally see them back in stock!!! Just placed an order for a black Loka with 3 ICU. Really look forward to put it to good use on my mountain treks.

My Gear
My Equestrian Gallery (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

jbkalla
Goldmember
2,831 posts
Joined Feb 2006

May 14, 2011 22:30 |  #172

FYI: Just in case somebody also has a Kata HB-207, the rain cover fits the Loka just fine!

Finally got my medium ICU and it's the perfect size! Can fit the 5D + 16-35L & 70-200mm f/4L plus flash and other stuff in the medium ICU and the saved space from the large gives me enough extra room on top for more actual backpacking stuff. I found the small ICU to be too small to be really useful unless you're just bringing basic camera stuff and need the extra room for camping stuff.

John
flickr (external link) | G+ (external link) | Panoramio (external link) | InterfaceLIFT (external link)
Fujifilm X-T2
| 10-24 f4 R OIS | 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR | XF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR | 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR | 56mm f/1.2 R | 27mm f/2.8 Pancake |  Retina iMac & MBP

LoneWolfUSMC
24 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 22, 2011 22:54 as a reply to  @ post 11865775 |  #173

I know this is reviving a bit of an old post, but thanks for the info. I just placed an order for a Loka and Medium ICU tonight. I have to fly cross-country for a shoot next month and my current method of carry just isn't hacking it.

DLim98
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jun 2008

May 23, 2011 11:30 |  #174

After reading through this thread I'm pretty sure I'll also be getting a Loka, but to use as my main bag. I'm pursuing humanitarian photography so this should work great!

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 23, 2011 17:28 |  #175

Just test fitted my new Medium ICU. I'm going to play around with the orientation of things and see if I can fit more in it. Packing new packs is always like Tetris!

Click the photo for notes on my Flickr.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/5752175459_f93243a9a4_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/s_olszewski/5​752175459/  (external link)
Test Fitting the Medium ICU (external link) by Stan Olszewski (external link), on Flickr

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

LoneWolfUSMC
24 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 24, 2011 23:38 |  #176

Mine shows up tomorrow. Can't wait!

worrptangl
404 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 25, 2011 20:31 |  #177

This question is for the people who own the Grey Mist bags. How does the color hold up to dirt, stains etc?

EDIT: I saw it was asked a few months ago but I'm still curious since more time has passed.

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 26, 2011 01:15 |  #178

jbkalla wrote in post #12411221 (external link)
FYI: Just in case somebody also has a Kata HB-207, the rain cover fits the Loka just fine!

Finally got my medium ICU and it's the perfect size! Can fit the 5D + 16-35L & 70-200mm f/4L plus flash and other stuff in the medium ICU and the saved space from the large gives me enough extra room on top for more actual backpacking stuff. I found the small ICU to be too small to be really useful unless you're just bringing basic camera stuff and need the extra room for camping stuff.

I can fit a gripped 7D, 16-35, and 70-200 2.8 and 430 flash in the small ICU. My medium adds a second body and 50mm.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

JohnJ80
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,442 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 26, 2011 21:35 |  #179

worrptangl wrote in post #13000688 (external link)
This question is for the people who own the Grey Mist bags. How does the color hold up to dirt, stains etc?

EDIT: I saw it was asked a few months ago but I'm still curious since more time has passed.

Fine. I don't really pay attention and I don't baby it, but it looks like it holds up pretty well. Nothing noted that I can see.

J.

Obsessive Gear List
"It isn't what you don't know that gets you in trouble; it's what you know for sure that isn't so." - Mark Twain

LePhotog
254 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 26, 2011 21:44 |  #180

you guys suck. this was the bag i really want. but its a lot of money for a high schooler to throw down for a backpack....... you guys just suck =(

Canon EOS 50D|17-40 f/4L|70-200 f/4L|50 f/1.8 II
Flickr (external link) | Full Gear List/Feedback
"Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have somone click the shutter."- Ansel Adams

sponsored links

170,602 views & 1 like for this thread
F-stop Loka looks like a winner
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.