Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 08 Mar 2011 (Tuesday) 11:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Great Stealth Bag Idea!

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,147 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 26, 2011 10:23 as a reply to  @ post 12293498 |  #181

When I ordered mine, I emailed Gravity Trading (GT) what the difference was between the messenger bags in Amazon and their website. The gist of the message was IF the description does NOT say "Rapid" then it will NOT have the MAIN zippered compartment. Their website did not have the Rapid name, so I ordered from Amazon through GT and it had the zippered main compartment.

Of course, this was BEFORE they came out with the GT branded bag (which has the zippered main compartment as previous posts indicates) and raised the prices! :shock:

So order from GT seller (Rapid or GT brand is ok) but from Amazon (no guarantees from their own website). ;)

| Canon EOS Systems |

sponsored links
DavidAndrew
37 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Apr 26, 2011 14:33 as a reply to  @ Blurr Cube's post |  #182

I just received my Rapid version of this bag. I don't have an insert yet so I haven't sized everything but I do want to say I'm impressed with the material, color, zippers, lining, etc of this bag. Great value.

I ordered direct from Gravity Trading's website - there are two versions - search for "classic heavyweight messenger" and order the one with "mb" in the part name for the zipper version. The other one, a couple $ less, doesn't have "mb" and I'm guessing it's the non-zippered, non-lining version. There's also now a GT version as mentioned. Took 7 days for ground delivery to FL.

David
Portfolio / Blog  (external link) | Flickr  (external link) | 500px  (external link) | Instagram  (external link)

robscomputer
429 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 26, 2011 17:03 as a reply to  @ DavidAndrew's post |  #183

If you're looking for something different, here's a bag with a zipper opening, and lots of mounting points to add additional options.

http://countycomm.com/​midrange.htm (external link)

Amateur photographer

CCarter
81 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 26, 2011 19:27 |  #184

Awesome idea! Ordering one of these later this week:)

Canon 40D | Canon 24-105 L | Canon 100-400 L

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,300 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 28, 2011 08:05 |  #185

this rapid bag and insert is exactly what i've been looking for! thanks OP and to everyone else too.

“Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.”
- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

a_fuzzy_panda
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 29, 2011 22:08 as a reply to  @ mondayshift's post |  #186

Great combo! I did get the bpp paddy but it looks like everybody is out of the R31 in black. I went ahead and got this bag instead, Rick Steves autoboahn messenger bag (external link). It's a bit bigger than than the R31. I still intend to get a black R31 since it's a nicer form factor for walking around, but I think the Rick Steves bag I got is nicer for traveling (airplane carry-on) since it has a dedicated laptop pocket.

flickr (external link) | tumblrfolio (external link)

d44
204 posts
Joined Jun 2007

May 01, 2011 21:22 |  #187

this is where I just ordered last week. Even with the expensive shipping, ordering direct from GT and ordering the padding from the other place (free shipping) was cheaper than from Amazon.

Going to order 2 more bags tonight.

Walt
http://wlundahl.zenfol​io.com (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,121 posts
Gallery: 619 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

May 02, 2011 06:09 |  #188

Does anyone know where to get the BBP camera paddy apart from directly from BBP or through their amazon page?

The reason I ask is they want to charge me $44 shipping to the UK on a $23 item

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

riotshield
425 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 02, 2011 12:56 as a reply to  @ xpfloyd's post |  #189

Another idea for an insert is the Tenba messenger insert. I bought a Tenba messenger bag but returned it because it seemed too big, but I liked the insert. I found that B&H sells the insert for $20 shipped, and got a green Domke F-802 satchel similar to the OP (sadly, I paid about 2x). Works great and I can walk around semi-discreetly.

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
2,331 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 12, 2011 22:11 |  #190

I was looking for a stealth bag for lugging my gear around and for when doing street photography. I'm glad I found this thread. I didn't want a bag that looked like a camera bag. This fits the bill. Really didn't want to pay $130-$150 for what was essentially a simple bag and an insert. Just bought the bag and insert today for $67 shipped. I don't mind saving 50%. Best of all, I can just take the insert out and use it as a regular bag if I needed.

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

diannedawn
32 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 12, 2011 23:43 as a reply to  @ dharrisphotog's post |  #191

I got the paddy direct... don't know how some people got free shipping, 'cuz it sure wasn't free for me :(
I'm also kind of disappointed that no one has the bag in black anymore. I'm really not a fan of "olive".
Waiting really wasn't an option, (road trip to a daughter's graduation coming up fast)
so I ordered a messenger bag from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com …ZA7K/ref=ox_ya_​os_product (external link)
I had a feeling it would be too narrow and it was...
But I'll just keep as a laptop bag, rather than hassle with returning it.

So, here I was bagless when I looked at Target and saw a Embark messenger bag for $15!
It's just thin nylon, but the paddy fits perfectly. It is medium gray with an orangeish yellow trim, that is much the same color as the paddy. It has a padded laptop section in the back.

It was cheap... at least I'll have something while I'm waiting for the black gravity trade bag to get back in stock...and who knows? maybe I'll decide it's good enough. :)

trossite
129 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 13, 2011 11:33 |  #192

Anyone recomend a camera insert that would hold a Canon T2i w/ grip and attached Tamron 70-300?
From back of body to lens front is about 8.5"

Canon T2i, Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS, Tamron 70-300mm Di VC USD, Canon 35mm f/2

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

May 13, 2011 11:37 |  #193

trossite wrote in post #12402979 (external link)
Anyone recomend a camera insert that would hold a Canon T2i w/ grip and attached Tamron 70-300?
From back of body to lens front is about 8.5"

Yeah.... this same set.

I have my gripped t2i with Canon 70-300 attached. It sits slighlty higher than the paddy but with bag zipped it is no issue at all. Is the tamron a little shorter lens than the Canon version? I think it is.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
6,111 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

May 14, 2011 14:48 as a reply to  @ BoneJj's post |  #194

Can somone give accurate inside demension of the bag ...lenght, height and width

Want to check all options as to maximizing insert

My Gear flickr (external link)

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,300 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 14, 2011 15:54 |  #195

Bianchi wrote in post #12409228 (external link)
Can somone give accurate inside demension of the bag ...lenght, height and width

Want to check all options as to maximizing insert

the GT bag is about 14 1/2" WIDE. 10" high and 5" deep.

this bag works great, but now that i have it i'm thinking about selling my GT/paddy stealth bag aka THE ADAM STEALTH.:D it just wont fit my Gripped 60D w/ 17-55mm 2.8 it will with the lens off but most of the time i just want to grab the camera with the lens out of the bag.:(

“Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.”
- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

313,224 views & 0 likes for this thread
Great Stealth Bag Idea!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.