Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 25 Apr 2011 (Monday) 08:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom 3

boog69
187 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 25, 2011 08:02 |  #1

i finally decided to upgrade to lightroom 3. Now I'm getting "Unexpected error opening catalog" and says corrupt files and to choose another folder. I'm trying to update my ligtroom 2 catalog for use with lightromm 3(I assume that's for pictures) . Any way around this? Thanks and sorry if this has been covered before.

Canon 40D, Canon 20D, Panasonic FZ-30, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-300 IS, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 50 1.8 MK I, Canon 550 EX flash. Wishing for 135L:D !!!

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,481 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 25, 2011 08:57 |  #2

Explain a bit more please. The first time you launched LR3 it should have found the LR2 catalog and asked if you want to make it compatible with LR3. Did it do that?

Do you get the Error message imediately after launching LR3 from the Start menu? If you navigate to the .lrcat file in Explorer and double-click on it what happens?

You can try going in Explorer to My Pictures/Lightroom and moving the old catalog file to somewhere else. Then open LR3 and it should create a new catalog. You can then try importing the old catalog into the new one.

Elie / אלי

boog69
THREAD ­ STARTER
187 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 25, 2011 18:26 as a reply to  @ tzalman's post |  #3

Sorry it took a while to reply. Graveyard and ballgames. My keywords are now there but pics won't show up plus my presets aren't there either. I really appreciate your help.

Canon 40D, Canon 20D, Panasonic FZ-30, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-300 IS, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 50 1.8 MK I, Canon 550 EX flash. Wishing for 135L:D !!!

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,481 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 26, 2011 05:04 |  #4

How about if you do Library/Previews/Rende​r Standard Previews? If that doesn't work, you could trash the Previews folder in My Pictures/LR (with LR not active) which would force it to rebuild thumbnails and standard previews.
As for presets, user-mades and downloads may need to be copied over from LR2's AppData to LR3's.

Elie / אלי

boog69
THREAD ­ STARTER
187 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Apr 28, 2011 02:40 as a reply to  @ tzalman's post |  #5

Thanks tzalman for your help. That last bit in infro. helped out. The other pics it can't find are on external hard drive(which I knew). Thanks.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

902 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom 3
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.