Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 16:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Help me find the right album

tbfoto
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 25, 2006 16:56 |  #1

I've shot about a dozen or so weddings over the past couple years and I have priced my package to include a "proof album" that includes a 4x6 finished print of everything that I shoot.

1. This guarantees me a sale of at least one of each print.
2. I have always had good reprint sales after these are presented.

My problem is finding a good looking album that will hold 300 or so shots. I would like to find something in a 3 ring configuration that I can add/subtract pages as needed. I dont put the images behind mattes. Can anyone here help?

I'm embarresed to say that the best ones I have found so far come from.......well.....Wa​lmart.
I would like something nicer but dont want to pay $100-$200 for a album.

Phil ­ V
Goldmember
1,976 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 26, 2006 04:08 |  #2

Firstly, if you're showing clients 'everything' you shoot; you're either a genius OR you're letting yourself down by showing some of your substandard work. Why do you think you need a sale of every print? Isn't it better to sell 50 images from a wedding in a nice album for a fortune than hand over everything for some kind of point scoring (at least I sold one of each photo!)?

Secondly, I know a lot of Pro's use those Walmart albums, a slightly classier but inexpensive alternative is to use a presentation box for proofs.

Personally I proof via a DVD slideshow (for many reasons), and all my packages include a quality album.

Gear List
website: South Yorkshire Wedding photographer in Doncaster (external link)
Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)

tbfoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
655 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Feb 26, 2006 21:26 |  #3

Firstly....No I do not show every shot to the client. However I do give them about 300 out of every 350-400. I seperate myself from all the "other" wedding photographers by providing my clients an album that tells the story of their wedding day from the moment they arrive to their last dance of the evening. I think that only shooting weddings in a posed portrait style gets real old. I do include those shots but its caputring all the other little things that make my albums special to my clients.

And YES I do want to sell every single print. That's my buisness! I shoot images to sell!
Why give your clients 50 prints to choose from when I can give them 300. Almost every wedding I've done, the bride has ordered at least one more of every shot, not counting those that they want enlargments of. My extra cost of shooting this many images is usually made up in the sale of just one enlargment.

I know that there are many different styles out there. I hope I have found my ninch.

CyberPet
Hiding Under a Rock
4,052 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 26, 2006 22:29 |  #4

I only show proof's online. Seems to work fine, my last client did order 200 prints (some of course of the same image, in different sizes) and did pick about half of the images I did - since I did provide a few different versions of the same thing, I only expect them to go with 1/3, but it seems they can never say no and want half. :D

/Petra Hall
Click here to view my geeky gear list
I shoot as much as possible in available light... sometimes, my flash is available – Joe Buissink

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,043 views & 0 likes for this thread
Help me find the right album
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.