Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 05 May 2011 (Thursday) 01:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Irvine Question

alpharon
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 05, 2011 01:11 |  #1

I plan on visiting them tomorrow to drop off a 7D and T2i for cleaning. The 7D is still under warranty and the T2i just came out of the 1 year warranty on 4/29. I'm hoping they will still accept it for cleaning under the warranty as it's never been serviced before. Can someone tell me if they've dropped off their cameras there for a cleaning service and how long the turn around time was for the cleaning? I'm hoping I can just drop it off and come back after an hour or two to pick them up. Is that hoping for too much?

Please let me know what your experience is with them. Thank you.

R O N P A R E J A (external link) | Twitter (external link)

sponsored links
NuClearSounds
69 posts
Joined May 2009

May 05, 2011 02:58 |  #2

Last year when I went to get my 40D cleaned in Irvine, I dropped it off at 11 AM and got it back like at 3 or 4 PM. I got them during their lunch break

5DM3 Gripped | 7DM2 Gripped | 7D Gripped | Elan 7E Date Gripped | Elan 7NE Date Gripped | Canonet QL17 G-III | Pentax 645 | Leica R4 | Leica M6 | SMC Pentax-A 75mm f/2.8 | Leica-R 50mm f/2.0 Summicron | 35L | 50L | 85L | 135L | 16-35L | 24-70L | 70-200L | 580 EX Speedlite Version 1 x 2 |Fujifilm X-E2 | Fuji XF 18mm f/2.0 | Fuji XF 23mm f/1.4 | Fuji XF 35mm f/1.4 | Fuji XF 56mm f/1.2 | Fuji XF 16-55mm f/2.8

alpharon
THREAD ­ STARTER
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 05, 2011 03:03 |  #3

Thank you for the reply. I found out that they open at 8am. I guess I'll give them a call first thing and find out from them what their workload could be like.

RPCrowe
Cream of the Crop
8,109 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 05, 2011 09:57 as a reply to  @ alpharon's post |  #4

When I have a piece of equipment repaired at Irvine, I usually get it back, delivered to my home, exactly seven days after Canon received it. This has been the time frame with two DSLR cameras and two lenses I had repaired at Canon Irvine. IMO, that is some very satisfactory service.

See my images at http://rpcrowe.smugmug​.com/ (external link)

CyberManiaK
669 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 08, 2011 22:43 |  #5

Alpharon.. by any chance, did you check the service hours? My dad is going to drop tomorrow my 60D

Carlos
60D / 10-20 + 100L + 40/2.8

alpharon
THREAD ­ STARTER
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 09, 2011 10:05 |  #6

The service hours are from 8am to 6pm pacific time. I got there at 11:30am to drop off 2 bodies. They told me that cleaning both sensors wouldn't get done until the next day because they had a lot of work orders that came in that day. They said I could pick it up the next day or have them send it back to me by mail. I opted for them to mail it to me. I ended up getting my body back the very next day via FedEx. That was a VERY fast turn around time. I am extremely happy with their service.

FadedBlackSocks
86 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 09, 2011 14:36 |  #7

When going in for service, what did you ask? Did you just go to the front counter and request for two cleanings?

Current: EOS 7D | EF 24-105L | EF-S 10-22 | Sigma 30 f/1.4 | Speedlite 430EX II

alpharon
THREAD ­ STARTER
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 10, 2011 01:51 |  #8

Yes. Just take a number and have a seat if the room's full. When you go up to the counter, tell them what you need done or what needs to be fixed and they'll assess the situation from there.

Tellairai
108 posts
Joined May 2010

May 10, 2011 04:20 as a reply to  @ alpharon's post |  #9

Dont forget to be specific about what you want done. I asked for a lens clean and calibration. I got a calibration and a few thumb marks on the rear element and the same ammount of dust i wanted gone.

Ranie ­ Dib
412 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Sep 2010

May 10, 2011 04:30 |  #10

Do you need to pay for anything if the camera/lens is still in warranty? Say, I have a rebel XS that is still in warranty and the shutter failed.

Cokeman
168 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 10, 2011 10:13 |  #11

Ranie Dib wrote in post #12381155 (external link)
Do you need to pay for anything if the camera/lens is still in warranty? Say, I have a rebel XS that is still in warranty and the shutter failed.

I don't think so - I took my body/lenses in for calibration and it was checked out and tweaked for free.

T2i, 70-200/4, 28/1.8, 85/1.8, 28-135, 18-55, 55-250, 430EXII

alpharon
THREAD ­ STARTER
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 11, 2011 18:20 |  #12

They charge $30 for sensor cleanings even if the camera is under warranty.

CyberManiaK
669 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 11, 2011 18:23 |  #13

Thanks for the hours alpharon, My 60D today went in for warranty (all the rubber was detaching) and also told them to clean some dust that was in the viewfinder. And they didnt say anything about money on my side..

Carlos
60D / 10-20 + 100L + 40/2.8

sponsored links

2,363 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Irvine Question
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.