Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 30 Apr 2011 (Saturday) 12:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

User Guide for S95

shybull
242 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Jul 2003

Apr 30, 2011 12:35 |  #1

Anyone looking for a user guide for their S95 can find one here.

http://www.oldtimercam​eras.com/canon/ (external link)

I just received mine in the mail. Very nicely done. Quality seems as nice as one from Canon and about same size 6X4. Only problem is you can't get one from Canon. A little steep at $25.20 which includes postage.

sponsored links
chispa
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Apr 30, 2011 12:44 |  #2

That's a rip. For $24.95 you can get a brand new 258 page book by Alexander White titled, Photographer's Guide to the Canon PowerShot S95: Getting the Most from Canon's Pocketable Digital Camera [Paperback]. The Canon "getting started" book is only 34 pages and hardly worth $20, IMHO. :)
Did not see the $25.20 you suggested. ??

shybull
THREAD ­ STARTER
242 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Apr 30, 2011 13:04 as a reply to  @ chispa's post |  #3

It's not a starter guide it's a full manual, 193 pages. Just like the manual I got from Canon when I bought my 40d or other cameras. I was very disappointed when Canon decided not to include a paper manual for the S95. I always take my manual when I travel with my cameras. Plus it's good reading material in the bathroom. I've never used an after market book. Never felt I needed one. As long as I have a manual. Yes I saw the price when I bought it.

shybull
THREAD ­ STARTER
242 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Apr 30, 2011 13:10 as a reply to  @ shybull's post |  #4

Here's a couple of photos of it.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 02, 2011 11:06 |  #5

Yea thats silly. Its available free on the internet and you can print it yourself for less, or you can buy any number of better handbooks containing even more information for half that price.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 02, 2011 17:36 |  #6

I can see wanting a printed manual for your camera, but $25 is more than I would pay. Looks like they did a decent job, though.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

shybull
THREAD ­ STARTER
242 posts
Joined Jul 2003

May 02, 2011 18:36 as a reply to  @ tkbslc's post |  #7

I didn't mind paying the money. I got what I wanted. Which is something Canon should have included. My kids have the Nikon S8100 which also didn't come with a hard copy of the manual. So Canon isn't the only company getting cheap on us. The after market books I've seen are $25-$36 and are a little larger than this one which is 4X6 and easy to carry around if needed.

tgara
Goldmember
2,336 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 02, 2011 18:43 as a reply to  @ shybull's post |  #8

Looks like a nice book, and it's good to know there is a resource for these. Agreed, Canon should have included a real manual.

EOS 5D Mark III
EOS Rebel SL1
Full Gear List

JoYork
Goldmember
3,079 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 02, 2011 19:32 |  #9

Is it legal for them to do that?

Jo
Flickr (external link)

Madwrench
633 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 03, 2011 09:46 as a reply to  @ JoYork's post |  #10

I just download the PDF manuals for my cameras and then put them on my ipod so they are always in my pocket. Even in the bathroom. :)

shybull
THREAD ­ STARTER
242 posts
Joined Jul 2003

May 03, 2011 13:22 as a reply to  @ Madwrench's post |  #11

Don't have an ipod

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 03, 2011 13:25 |  #12

JoYork wrote in post #12335646 (external link)
Is it legal for them to do that?

I wondered the same thing. It is legal for an owner to print a copy, so perhaps it is legal to pay someone to print a copy for you. Probably some loophole there.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

May 03, 2011 16:27 |  #13

I printed the manual at 4 pages per 8.5 x 11".

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 06, 2011 13:08 |  #14

Madwrench wrote in post #12339155 (external link)
I just download the PDF manuals for my cameras and then put them on my ipod so they are always in my pocket. Even in the bathroom. :)

Ha ha, yup! I do the same on my iphone. In fact all my instruction manuals for EVERYTHING I own that has one are in my DropBox account so that are accessible on all my devices!

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Glyno
157 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 06, 2011 15:41 |  #15

I tried to put the S95 manual pdf onto my iPod Nano but can't seem to.

It'll import to iTunes but won't then drop onto my iPod.

Any help or suggestions?

my flickr (external link)

sponsored links

6,190 views & 0 likes for this thread
User Guide for S95
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.